Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Teutonic

A Re-take to Regional Bonuses

Regional Bonus perks  

71 members have voted

  1. 1. Port Maintenance reductions for the nation (clan port holders) when holding all ports in a region.

    • Yes, this sounds good
      51
    • No, I don't like it
      19
    • Yes, but... (in comments)
      1
    • Maybe, I suggest something different (in comments)
      0
  2. 2. Further increase in labor reduction/resource production bonuses.

    • Yes, this sounds good
      53
    • No, I don't like it
      16
    • Yes, but... (in comments)
      1
    • Maybe, I suggest something different (in comments)
      1
  3. 3. increase chances for better ship crafting (purple and gold ships more likely to be crafted).

    • Yes, this sounds good
      50
    • No, I don't like it
      16
    • Yes, but.... (in comments)
      3
    • Maybe, I suggest something different (in comments)
      2
  4. 4. increase in chances for better ship trims (like very fast, very cramped, very agile etc) as well as a way to "force" a ship trim possibly.

    • Yes, this sounds good
      52
    • No, I don't like it
      15
    • Yes, but.... (in comments)
      2
    • Maybe, I suggest something different (in comments)
      2


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

then they risk having no help from others when they need them such as screener's and the actual pb itself 

You don't need when you are the zerg. Sure in a small nation it won't happen but big nations with big clan (everyone will join said clans in order to get access) it will fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

The following will be implemented in the next BIG patch. 

  • Capturable cities will give much better chance to build an exceptional vessel. 

This is a good move on itself.

Can be bettered, as I envision, with County Capitals being Naval Bases and the only places eligible for admiralty shipyards - ships of the line - 3rd, 2nd and 1st. The pride of the navy. Better chance on the County Capitals for Capital ships ( 3-1). Flat for others (7-4)

Rest of county ports can be used for all other rates and "private" shipyards setup there. Better chance for 7th to 4th, flat chance for 3-1.

1 hour ago, admin said:

 

In terms of making ports matter more 2 things could be done

  • Removal of safe transport of upgrades - the upgrades already feel odd being a "transportable", so I see no problem with having them as a "item" same as fish meat. Tuck it in the hold and pray to arrive safe.
  • Ability should be given to clans to completely lock trade in the controlled city, giving all resources produced by city to a clan. - not sure. I would implement this harshly, being not easy but, if achieved, yield the power to the clan to have all the goodies ( and monopolize them such as India Companies ) ( and shutdown competitive alts). If Clan controls all of ports of a County's then they can setup the trade lock. 

This will make at least some cities - a must have - and will create constant pressure to capture. 

But, we have not yet learnt how to balance the following (as we are not sure it is possible)

  • This is a pvp game content should matter - direct and indirect PvP should always affect RvR and here lies the gordian knot. Direct PvP are the naval operations involving hostility and PB/screening. Indirect can be everything else, including interception of transportation of good and ships. When these are untouchable, the opportunity is lost. At the moment doesn't feel bad, but also doesn't feel decisive. The objective to go PvP is "individual" and doesn't feel like part of a ongoing war.
  • This is a pvp game one side cannot lock down another nation from content by conquest - Did not understand exactly what you mean here.

( notes in color )

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

The following will be implemented in the next BIG patch. 

  • Capturable cities will give much better chance to build an exceptional vessel.  This is good, but safezone ports should only give blue 3/5 ships with perks period.  Anything else you want needs to be crafted out side of safe zones.

 

In terms of making ports matter more 2 things could be done

  • Removal of safe transport of upgrades Not goo cause folks keep in there list refits to throw on a ship real fast to get back in the fight.  The problem is being able to buy the mats, craft them and than just teleport out of the port.  How about limit that you can only craft the refits ina clan on port that you have a workshop in.  You need a workshop to do cannons and any mods/refits.  They can't be put up in enemy ports even if open to all.   Same with shipyards should not be able to be put up in friendly to all ports.  Resource buildings are allowed only.
  • Ability should be given to clans to completely lock trade in the controlled city, giving all resources produced by city to a clan. Make it the option mention that can be locked to: Nation, Friendly Trade Clans or ALL (open to all ports).

This will make at least some cities - a must have - and will create constant pressure to capture. 

But, we have not yet learnt how to balance the following (as we are not sure it is possible)

  • This is a pvp game content should matter
  • This is a pvp game one side cannot lock down another nation from content by conquest That why some ports need to have more resources than just limited to one or two ports on the map.   The problem is folks won't fight over them once they get them.  Not a hard thing to resolve.WHi

 

51 minutes ago, Bloody Hound said:

I agree i'm unsure about the upgrades thing too, i can see the benefits and negatives. Benefits being lone hunters etc could profit more. Negatives being people wont want to stray far from the capital again so they'll just build a Shipyard in a nearby port for the benefit of increased chance of a exceptional ships but the reduced risk of being caught out in the ocean with upgrades. 

Examples being - Little River on the US coast will become the main shipyard i think.

Belize will become more important than KPR due to the ports you can capture around it.

They would build the ships in said ports and move them to the capital to add the upgrades. As upgrades are generally worth more than ships.

 

I think the chance to build an exceptional vessel outside the capital is a must first.

Which is good, if you want safe production stay at the capital, if you want good ships and production use a captured port and protect it. I also think production of shipyards and workshops should not be in free towns either.  Yes this will kill the three nations if they ever get one ported but they are hard mode after all, solution is don't get one ported. 

37 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I am not sure if that should be a thing. In my opinion it will lead to bad blood in nation.

Better would be that a clan gets xy percentage of produced goods into new introduced  clan city storage. 

They need something since they own the port, right now it's not working where any one can go in with an alt and just out bid and the clan that owns it gets nothing other than the tax, which by the way as you make more money you pay more in upkeep tax's right.  Like up to 50% of your profits which is BS.   Goods are getting taxed 2-3 times in ports?

23 minutes ago, admin said:

thats why its not in game. One option would be to give clans an ability to open trade for the friendly clans but it still locks everyone else out. 

 

Prob the best option to give Clans control of a port, you want goods from that clan get on there good side.

9 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Folks i am telling you this will not work in long terms........Focus on money and taxation of population.

None of those shiny things(bonuses) can make enough tax revenue, making a port valuable.

Most of our clan income is from our own clan trading in our ports not the nation.  Cause most of the nation is still hiding in the safe zone trying to nickle n dime what they can find in there.  So this is not correct.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Most of our clan income is from our own clan trading in our ports not the nation.  Cause most of the nation is still hiding in the safe zone trying to nickle n dime what they can find in there.  So this is not correct

Which ports are those? I bet they are worth s...t.

Look at Nassau or Santo Domingo, Little Harbour, La Navasse.... free for all and generating huge income.BECAUSE they have something to offer and people trade there.

If anyone could tax the free ports, or at least calculate their income, you would see how much money is made there. Closing ports for trade, will NOT make more money, it is a defensive measure, a tactical one.

 

 

If some day we can make ships again with a chance of getting a purple or golden one, 3 things will happen.

1. Ultimately ANYONE will be able to sail a purple or golden one,which can only lead to saturation and boredom.

2. You will find those ships in market ,many of them, and prices will be enormous. Which again, if those are available, again leads to boredom and saturation.

3. If golden ships stay rare, nobody is going to sail them anyway, but keep them in port, for duels without sinking or whatever.

In the end we will end where we were, about 18 months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fenris said:

If some day we can make ships again with a chance of getting a purple or golden one, 3 things will happen.

1. Ultimately ANYONE will be able to sail a purple or golden one,which can only lead to saturation and boredom. Not anyone will be able to sail on rare ships. Only those who take the effort to move the goods to the ports for crafting. Thus increasing the OW traffic of trade ships.

2. You will find those ships in market ,many of them, and prices will be enormous. Which again, if those are available, again leads to boredom and saturation. Econ will balance as it always does. Doesn't make the game boring.

3. If golden ships stay rare, nobody is going to sail them anyway, but keep them in port, for duels without sinking or whatever.  Your either one type of player or the other. The one that hoards things for a rainy day or the one that uses his shiny things for enjoyment. You cant change that.

In the end we will end where we were, about 18 months ago.

Regardless of the points you've made it will lead to a increase in trade fleeting to ports that are not capitals which is the entire point of the introduction of the mechanic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Not anyone will be able to sail on rare ships. Only those who take the effort to move the goods to the ports for crafting. Thus increasing the OW traffic of trade ships.

Ofc they will. WE HAD THIS ALREADY, i think you weren`t playing that time. If a drop rate is high enough, ships WILL BE in market, means anyone can buy them.

 

9 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Econ will balance as it always does. Doesn't make the game boring.

It will make it boring in long terms, when anyone can sail those ships. We don`t have any econ in game, btw.....

 

10 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Your either one type of player or the other. The one that hoards things for a rainy day or the one that uses his shiny things for enjoyment. You cant change that.

Well that is the whole point :) If gold/purple ships are too rare, noone will sail them, because afraid to lose, if they are NOT, anyone can have them. Ultimately nothing will be achieved with these steps....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

thats why its not in game. One option would be to give clans an ability to open trade for the friendly clans but it still locks everyone else out. 

 

Sounds good.

May I also suggest for open port to only be open for selected nations.and or clans within a nation.  Also port open for all in selected timeframe.
 

1 hour ago, Havelock said:

 

Im against any change that requires more hauling. I think the main reason people disliked regional bonuses wasnt their balance, but the time investment to bring crafted ships to the front line (hell, we had to sail our 1st rates from Orinoco to Port-au-Prince ffs!). If tow stays, regional bonuses might actually be good for the RvR game.

 I think the idea with higher drop of exceptional ship is for you to transport the mod not the ship due to it being purple or gold.

 

I don't like the increase of exceptional ship, I would rather have shipyard on capturable ports, open the possibility to get the IA trims. (not by region, just give access to the remaining trim)

 

2 hours ago, admin said:

 But, we have not yet learnt how to balance the following (as we are not sure it is possible)

 

  • This is a pvp game content should matter
  • This is a pvp game one side cannot lock down another nation from content by conquest

 

 

I hereby suggest the introduction of a black-market mechanic and marketplace:

  • ports dropping precious resource only drops 90% of it in the drop port. 10% is released on nearby ports (within 50k).
  • case
    • resource restricted to clan only
      • 70% to clan
      • 30% to blackmarket
    • resources restricted to selected nations and clans
      • 20% to clan
      • 60% to shop
      • 20% to blackmarket
    • resource unlocked
      • 20% to clan
      • 70% to shop
      • 10% to blackmarket

 

marketplace, would be a feature  working as clan market in some selected towns. in the case of resource restricted to clan only, the clan would have to make a weekly auction opened either to own nation or selected nation clans for 50% of their weekly selected resource income with a price min max between q1 and q4. Failure to sell in the auction would result in the release of 50% of the resource into the blackmarket and reduction of drop-quantity by 30% due to surplus and increased port management fees by 20% due to storage.

marketplace would also be a place where clans of all nations can do auctions for resources, ships, missions (escort trading player, screen etc), and more. available in a few ports over the map. Resources sold in marketplace wouldn't have to be in the auction port, but should mention where pickup location is.

Blackmarket would give meaning to surrounding ports dropping precious good and marketplace would increase exchange of resources and services at clan level.

 

I know devs will say no, because the game is not in development anymore but in tweaking phase, and this is a lot of development. but there is so much to change in this game to make it real unique and great, it may be worth going back to development phase.

 

Also ports in the south need precious resources and improved trading possibilities. Right now most precious woods for instance are in the eastern safezones or in shallows in the north. there is literally nothing west and south.

 

 

 

Ideally ports consumption and drop should change overtime based on the surrounding owning nations.

 

Edited by RKY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin

>>Removal of safe transport of upgrades

Situation: I'am craft new ship (at Christiansted) and need to FAST:

1. Outfit it
2. Teleport to Guayaguayare

My mates wait for me. I am TP to tradehubs to obtain modules, required by fleet meta, bought, TP back, TP ship, im ready, we are going fight.

Now need sail to La Tortue (for example) and back. ARE YOU SERIOUS????
IMHO, The killer of this game is not absent interface or localisation. Its too long sailing without any gameplay.

Time spented: 2 hours.
Pleasure taken: 0 (zero)

And now you want to force the clients to spend even more time on nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Ofc they will. WE HAD THIS ALREADY, i think you weren`t playing that time. If a drop rate is high enough, ships WILL BE in market, means anyone can buy them.

Yeah I was playing before regional bonuses and after. I still think its necessary because it will increase the OW traffic. Make it possible to lock up a clans/nations crafting ports by RVR etc etc. Its a good thing. There clearly not going to reintroduce the regional bonuses they used to have but are by my estimation introduction a increase in chances of 4/5 or 5/5 rolls etc which is good.
 

Quote

It will make it boring in long terms, when anyone can sail those ships. We don`t have any econ in game, btw.....

Well then isn't the current meta boring by the same justification your giving? everyone currently sails 3/3's for pretty much all activities. Is that not boring?

PS
Regardless its happening, it was requested by many. Lets test it and see what it brings.

 

Edited by Capt Jubal Early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nemockalb said:

@admin

>>Removal of safe transport of upgrades

Situation: I'am craft new ship (at Christiansted) and need to FAST:

1. Outfit it
2. Teleport to Guayaguayare

My mates wait for me. I am TP to tradehubs to obtain modules, required by fleet meta, bought, TP back, TP ship, im ready, we are going fight.

Now need sail to La Tortue (for example) and back. ARE YOU SERIOUS????
IMHO, The killer of this game is not absent interface or localisation. Its too long sailing without any gameplay.

Time spented: 2 hours.
Pleasure taken: 0 (zero)

And now you want to force the clients to spend even more time on nothing

do you need to a have your ship full mods and everything though? I thought mods didn't make a huge difference? maybe this will just be the end of supership in OW.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nemockalb said:

IMHO, The killer of this game is not absent interface or localisation. Its too long sailing without any gameplay.

Time spented: 2 hours.
Pleasure taken: 0 (zero)

And now you want to force the clients to spend even more time on nothing

 

8 hours ago, z4ys said:

..... But whenever we had mechanics that put people at sea they started to rage. "to time consuming" major "no" argument here. So why should it be different now?

Whenever we get mechanics that add a meaning to stuff people get mad.

Like i said 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Immediate access versus planned logistics discussion going on.

Looks good and might feed some ideas for the wargame part, but definitely not for the individualist.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, z4ys said:

 

Like i said 😉

Actually his disorganization is what hurts him the most tbh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RKY said:

hereby suggest the introduction of a black-market mechanic and marketplace:

  • ports dropping precious resource only drops 90% of it in the drop port. 10% is released on nearby ports (within 50k).
  • case
    • resource restricted to clan only
      • 70% to clan
      • 30% to blackmarket
    • resources restricted to selected nations and clans
      • 20% to clan
      • 60% to shop
      • 20% to blackmarket
    • resource unlocked
      • 20% to clan
      • 70% to shop
      • 10% to blackmarket

  

marketplace, would be a feature  working as clan market in some selected towns. in the case of resource restricted to clan only, the clan would have to make a weekly auction opened either to own nation or selected nation clans for 50% of their weekly selected resource income with a price min max between q1 and q4. Failure to sell in the auction would result in the release of 50% of the resource into the blackmarket and reduction of drop-quantity by 30% due to surplus and increased port management fees by 20% due to storage.

marketplace would also be a place where clans of all nations can do auctions for resources, ships, missions (escort trading player, screen etc), and more. available in a few ports over the map. Resources sold in marketplace wouldn't have to be in the auction port, but should mention where pickup location is.

Blackmarket would give meaning to surrounding ports dropping precious good and marketplace would increase exchange of resources and services at clan level.

 

I know devs will say no, because the game is not in development anymore but in tweaking phase, and this is a lot of development. but there is so much to change in this game to make it real unique and great, it may be worth going back to development phase.

 

Also ports in the south need precious resources and improved trading possibilities. Right now most precious woods for instance are in the eastern safezones or in shallows in the north. there is literally nothing west and south.

 

^ 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Immediate access versus planned logistics discussion going on.

Looks good and might feed some ideas for the wargame part, but definitely not for the individualist.

 

MMO’s are never going to be kind to the solo player 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not talking about solo. Talking about "individualist". Different things. A Clan is not solo and can be individualist :)

Sorry for the off topic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

 

  • Ability should be given to clans to completely lock trade in the controlled city, giving all resources produced by city to a clan.

 

Dividing Nation like that is extremely risky. What about the rest of the clans and population in that same Nation? Will they be able to use that port and resources? 

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wind said:

Dividing Nation like that is extremely risky. What about the rest of the clans and population in that same Nation? Will they be able to use that port and resources?

Simple. You limit access to the clan and all allied / friendly clans in their list. This way you can lock out alts but still have the port available for everyone that is actually fighting to defend it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

Actually his disorganization is what hurts him the most tbh 

Sure but lets asume thats the average player experience. Not everyone is a pro gamer /meta player and not everyone makes plans some are just acting casual and that are the players that get hurt most. It has to be a foolproof method.

9 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Simple. You limit access to the clan and all allied / friendly clans in their list. This way you can lock out alts but still have the port available for everyone that is actually fighting to defend it.

On paper a great feature. But like port timers or portbattle friendlist it can be abused and lockout a hole nation. We have to be carefull with what we wish. Sure a small nation wont have less of such problems because everyone is important but in bigger nations and clans why care about others?  They can buy it all themselves and distribute it to people that they like even to enemy nations to pay screeners. I see high abuse potential here.

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, admin said:

The following will be implemented in the next BIG patch. 

  • Capturable cities will give much better chance to build an exceptional vessel. 

 

In terms of making ports matter more 2 things could be done

  • Removal of safe transport of upgrades
  • Ability should be given to clans to completely lock trade in the controlled city, giving all resources produced by city to a clan.

This will make at least some cities - a must have - and will create constant pressure to capture. 

But, we have not yet learnt how to balance the following (as we are not sure it is possible)

  • This is a pvp game content should matter
  • This is a pvp game one side cannot lock down another nation from content by conquest

Capturable cities will give much better chance to build an exceptional vessel. 

Should be in capturable cities a bit far from the safe zone. Like San Juan for the danish. Or gasparilla for the spanish...

 

Removal of safe transport of upgrades

Not sure about this, it can be a shore fit a ship. An not desired time sink.

 

Ability should be given to clans to completely lock trade in the controlled city, giving all resources produced by city to a clan.

Yes!, lock trade to the clan and his clan friendly list. End of problems with alts and clans which never help to the nation efforts.

 

This is a pvp game one side cannot lock down another nation from content by conquest.

Introduce foreign alliances. Introduce upgrades through pvp marks that are a mirror of the ressources that can be locked down by conquest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wind said:

Dividing Nation like that is extremely risky. What about the rest of the clans and population in that same Nation? Will they be able to use that port and resources? 

Gives a purpose to smuggler flag though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sella22 said:

Gives a purpose to smuggler flag though.

Going to disappear. Enter enemy town mechanic will be direct. Warships are never smuggler. Traders are always smuggler.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, admin said:

Ability should be given to clans to completely lock trade in the controlled city, giving all resources produced by city to a clan.

But, we have not yet learnt how to balance the following (as we are not sure it is possible)

Bring back outlaw battles :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of clans being able to restrict acesss.  If I’m footing the bill I should be able to say who gets in.  Iwould alter it so all members of that nation can enter and repair, only friendly clans can create outposts and purchase items in the shop.  

Maybe change the smuggling mechanic slightly so that if you enter in port, everything immediately is 50% more expensive.  For example clan x isn’t on my friends list but they still can pop into port and purchase items using smuggler flag, but they gotta pay for it.  

The downside of locking out non friendly clans would be a decrease in revenue.  Seems like a fair trade off to me.  

Edited by Christendom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should not be easily attainable, should be hard and really a showcase of powerhouse. Hence, control of entire province to enable the option. Else is just a catering service :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×