Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZuLu oNe5432

Ship Invidual Names then "crafted by "...."

Is it Possible to give the ship names? 😃 then crafted by : "someone" maybe crafted Region and  Name who every Player can choose itself..

• Like 4

If i remember correctly, devs stated that would be too heavy for the servers.

Still I think this kind of customization is quite important for the game to be succesful. Our ships are our only way to represent ourselves, we should have the chance of a deep customization.

Edited by Intrepido
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Ij i remember correctly, devs stated that would be too heavy for the servers.

Still I think this kind of customization is quite important for the game to be succesful. Our ships are our only way to represent ourselves, we should have the chance of a deep customization.

aye 😃 thx u

Are maybe a history log of that ship.  Say I craft a ship with modern date and when it echanges hands.  This will give that ship a history.  As the example below my crafter crafted the ship and than gave it to my main char.  Intrepido captures it shortly after that and keeps it.  He than sails it in port to Fenris.  Who I a few days later catch out in the open and capture the ship back.  Finding it's the one I crafted early that week and the ship than sadly gets sunk by the revenge fleet just moments later....but for that short time I got a history of a ship that returned to me.   This would also make folks less incline to craft ships with secret alts and trade them to other nations.   Cause the history will tell you where that ship has been.  Than again I use to have a US alt that sold ships to only US back when I was pirate. I was using there nation to level up his crafting.

Ship Crafted by Lil Texas 5/1/2018

Sir Texas Sir traded ship 5/1/2018

Intrepido Captured Ship 5/5/2018

Fenris bought ship 5/6/2018

Sir Texas Sir Captured ship 2/9/2018

• Like 3

Have the ship's name only visible to the Owner.  Makes it easier to sort and organize your ships in port when you have multiples of a given model.  Like a special skin that you see and does not have to live on the server.

• Like 2

Absolutely love to see personalized ships being named by their owners. Nothing for people who toss them away like used handkerchiefs, but there are others...

• Like 2

Perhaps only ships with upwards of 10 kills get names?  And a name request goes through the 'admiralty'

On 5/9/2018 at 10:37 AM, Intrepido said:

If i remember correctly, devs stated that would be too heavy for the servers.

:(

Edited by Sir John
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2018 at 10:48 PM, Mrgoldstein said:

Naming a ship is a bad idea though, if you look at blackwake for example you only see ships with offensive names sailing around.

Back in POTBS it had this optoin and you can only see the name if you capture the ship, but we would put stuff like.  "I pissed on the helm."  and other things if we knew we might loose that ship...lol

Though I think this is the main reason we don't have this option to be honest is cause you know most the ships would have some offensive names on them.

• Like 1

yeah I think main reason maybe the data for the servers like the devs said....ok but theres always a way! :D lets wait and see=) there are enough good Ideas around=)