Game-Labs Forum

Future Additions after Main Core completed

Clan Logos on Sails  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see sail logos on a Clan level added to the game

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2018 at 07:45 AM

3 hours ago, Macjimm said:

I missed the part that clarified it will be 'era' appropriate.   I would vote a hardy Yes! for that.

I would assume like other games (POTBS, WoT, etc) you would have an approval of such flags/sails and or report system so we don't have a bunch of Hello Kitty or flying what ever in game.

Really they need to get paints back into game and some way to recognize clans fleets from each other in battle.  It's very confusing when you try to tell a group of guys to do something over another group.  When they can't really tell each other apart in battle.

As for immersions, this is a game after all folks not a simulator.

• Like 1

I was thinking on this is maybe make it a reputation thing so that a clan can't get a flag until they have done so many port battles or been involved in.   They get a points system that allows them once they reach a certain level they can upgrade the clan to allow for a flag.  This will cut out the billion little one man clans and make it a status you want to earn in game with you and your clan and team work with others.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I was thinking on this is maybe make it a reputation thing so that a clan can't get a flag until they have done so many port battles or been involved in.   They get a points system that allows them once they reach a certain level they can upgrade the clan to allow for a flag.  This will cut out the billion little one man clans and make it a status you want to earn in game with you and your clan and team work with others.  

That sounds like good motivation for RvR, I like the idea of pennants/flags - just a bit hesitant regarding sails still.

I assume you’re thinking something like a clan leaderboard? Do you intend to restrict this to the top 10 clans of every nation, or will it be achieveable by all clans? Eg. No. 11 on the leaderboard but fullfills all other requirements.

If you go for a set pf requirements such as 10-15 successful PBs, then it will be very hard for some clans belonging to minor nations - but with a clan leaderboard granting it to Top 10 clans it will be too easy in a nation such as Poland.. you basically just have to exist.

What are your thoughts? I’m unsure of the best approach but I think it’s an interesting idea.

9 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

That sounds like good motivation for RvR, I like the idea of pennants/flags - just a bit hesitant regarding sails still.

I assume you’re thinking something like a clan leaderboard? Do you intend to restrict this to the top 10 clans of every nation, or will it be achieveable by all clans? Eg. No. 11 on the leaderboard but fullfills all other requirements.

If you go for a set pf requirements such as 10-15 successful PBs, then it will be very hard for some clans belonging to minor nations - but with a clan leaderboard granting it to Top 10 clans it will be too easy in a nation such as Poland.. you basically just have to exist.

What are your thoughts? I’m unsure of the best approach but I think it’s an interesting idea.

I get the sails thing, the only time I would want maybe sails change is in Port battle any only your team see's it maybe.  Like in POTBS we use to have teams. I normally ran the Pirvateers and light ships for the flank side captures and would run Red Team, but only our side could see it.

As for the Flags I would make it all clans can join once they reach that level of game play.  I'm not a big fan of leader boards, stats boards yes but not leader boards.  See to many folks pad stats to get on leader boards.   Devs been talking about having a leader board that list the top active clans in each nation.  So that way we know they plan to gather info.  I would give them more than one option as ways to get the flag.  PvP and RvR being a way or maybe separate flags for such.

Lets go with 10 port battles.  It doesn't mean you have to win them all.  If you want the flag than you need to be active in RvR and that means you need to attack other nations.   Remember this is a reward for being the clans that are doing the work and being active not for who ever is the most popular in a nation.  Not every nation will have a lot of RvR clans. If say Poland wants to get a flag for there main clan than Poland needs to get off there butt and attack more ports.   Thus encouraging more RvR in the game.  If you don't have enough folks in your clan/nation to do RvR than you shouldn't get RvR rewards.  Time to go to another nation that has them or to get more active.  

With the leader board thing maybe a pennet for the ships for the guys in the top 10 place of a nation for RvR or PvP?   So you can look at that ship and say, "Hay that is an PvP/RvR clan or that clan only does PvP."  

• Like 2

That would be a real interesting concept. For a clan to earn their clan banner/flag/insignia, they would need to be one of the top certain clans or own a certain number of ports. This would in turn produce RvR and also consolidate certain clans or create a drive to recruit new players into ones clans to become competitive participate in RvR and maintain captured ports.

Also, @admin could create a DLC that would unlock an expansion of symbols and patterns to create clan emblems. Just saying.

giphy.gif