Game-Labs Forum

Future Additions after Main Core completed

Clan Logos on Sails  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see sail logos on a Clan level added to the game

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2018 at 07:45 AM

While I know that at present the development Team are working on the UI and other Major aspects of the core game, I would like to get some suggestions and Feedback on a small addition which could benefit the game in General.

I am specifically talking about sail Icons being introduced into the game.

My Suggestion would be to have a choice of  30 to 40 Icons in 8 to 10 colours, (suggestions as to Icons can also be included) for example the fleur de lys, lions and other creatures, and for the pirates skulls etc.The sails themselves would stay White, imagine black sails after a couple of months sailing, they would be a faded gray colour with multiple stitch work where repairs have been carried out

These would be a clan logo of sorts, the choices would be available in the clan main page, and would be paid for much like the warehouse is now, can only be purchased by the creator or officers, and if a Change is required, you would have to pay for your sails to be replaced.

This would give each clan an identity, new Players will see these ships, and want to be part of it, there would be no cost to the individual player, as it is a clan logo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

that are Galleons and pleasure boats that had logos on sails. not really fitting in the current game setting. But clan pennant/banners might be an option.

• Like 4

Yes, a clan pennant on the mainmast would be an excellent addition.  I have been in too many battles where the national flags were obscured and I was forced to hold fire an extra second or two to make sure I wasn't dismasting a teammate vs an enemy right next to him, since the minimap shows their icons merged.  That second or two of hesitation many times ruins the shot.

3 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

If  this is implemented, it might be a good idea to have it as an option to turn it off. :)

Voted no.  Would vote Yes for clan, or personallized, pennant or banner.  Great idea

Hope those that approve of a pennant but are opposed to a sail logo have NOT voted yes.

9 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Generally I don't want to limit other peoples experience/fun, but this would ruin immersion for me.

If this is implemented, it might be a good idea to have it as an option to turn it off. :)

So the ships sailing through land, super speed on the OW and the lack of nation flags on the water DOESN'T ruin the immersion, but customized clan pennants on ships will?  

eca501f82483cf063f73045316c8c2a1.jpg?zoo 

• Like 2

We can find a thousand things that ruin the immersion, especially the seagull point of view and not locked on deck but hey... :P ... 

Let's focus on the suggestion and the immersion of the suggestion.

• Like 1

Just now, Christendom said:

So the ships sailing through land, super speed on the OW and the lack of nation flags on the water DOESN'T ruin the immersion, but customized clan pennants on ships will?  

eca501f82483cf063f73045316c8c2a1.jpg?zoo 

For god sake man, stop being an ass and get off your high horse - I'm merely saying that if implemented I'd like the ability to turn it off.

Don't write if you have nothing to add to this topic - if you feel like discussing "ships sailing through land, super speed on the OW and the lack of nation flags on the water" start a new topic.

I don't see an immersion problem.  There is plenty of historical precedent.  Sails with logos might be too much (I like it), but identifying pennants were prevalent.  Squadron and fleet pennants were everywhere.  As far as realism goes, all the clean whit sails we see in this game are a lie.  Most sails were patched and weathered.

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I generally avoid the word, 'immersion'.  It's not really popular here in NA .

There is lots of magic in NA, we have just learned to live with it.  Seeing a modern logo, like Sponge Bob or something off colour like a big penis, as a sail plan won't improve the game for some people.

• Like 2

Just now, Macjimm said:

I generally avoid the word, 'immersion'.  It's not really popular here in NA .

There is lots of magic in NA, we have just learned to live with it.  Seeing a modern logo, like Sponge Bob or something off colour like a big penis, as a sail plan won't improve the game for some people.

That's ridiculous.  We're talking about something 'era" appropriate.  Already mentioned a Cross fro Spanish.  Skull for pirates.  Some kind of effeminate symbol for the Brits...

5 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

For god sake man, stop being an ass and get off your high horse - I'm merely saying that if implemented I'd like the ability to turn it off.

Don't write if you have nothing to add to this topic - if you feel like discussing "ships sailing through land, super speed on the OW and the lack of nation flags on the water" start a new topic.

Easy tiger.  Much Overreact

Ruining immersion (when the game already does a good job of it for you) for a couple of guys is a stupid reason to not include a HIGHLY desired feature that clans/players have been asking forever for.  Adding in features that players can use to customize their ships and charging for them will also allow the devs to have a DLC style revenue stream to help continue the development of this game.  Nothing will ruin the immersion for more you can it getting shut down.  

3 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

That's ridiculous.  We're talking about something 'era" appropriate.  Already mentioned a Cross fro Spanish.  Skull for pirates.  Some kind of effeminate symbol for the Brits...

I missed the part that clarified it will be 'era' appropriate.   I would vote a hardy Yes! for that.

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Easy tiger.  Much Overreact

Ruining immersion (when the game already does a good job of it for you) for a couple of guys is a stupid reason to not include a HIGHLY desired feature that clans/players have been asking forever for.  Adding in features that players can use to customize their ships and charging for them will also allow the devs to have a DLC style revenue stream to help continue the development of this game.  Nothing will ruin the immersion for more you can it getting shut down.  

So why it a problem that I would like to opt-out by having a graphics setting that disables sail logos?

My suggestion was the to suit the broadest spectrum of players, you yourself chose to narrow it down to a yes or no question. i was not against, I suggested the ability to opt-out....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Wasa is 1627.  Connie is war of 1812.  The era is broad

Wrong Wasa mate, the ship we have in-game is 1782. The Connie is 1797. There’s no need to quote the war of 1812, the Victory is still in comission, but we’re not working with a 1690s-2018 spectrum here.

The oldest ship in the game is the Ingermanland, the youngest is the Trincomalee.

All flags in-game indicates roughly year 1800 btw.

Edited by Percival Merewether

1 minute ago, Percival Merewether said:

Wrong Wasa mate, the ship we have in-game is 1782. The Connie is 1797. There’s no need to quote the war of 1812, the Victory is still in comission, but we’re not working with a 1690s-2018 spectrum here.

The oldest ship in the game is the Ingermanland, the youngest is the Trincomalee.

Fair enough.. Wapen von Hamburg?