Game-Labs Forum

Adjusting rewards in battle based in real advantage gained

Clarification: this post is about adjusting PvP marks distribution between two or more players who sank a ship.

I would suggest to increase damage to 25 damage per crew (as opposed to current 15), as well as drastically increase damage for sails.

Reason - killing 500 crew in Santi is harder than lowering just one side to 40% and gives a more significant advantage in battle. 

Killing sails is now also critical and requires more skill with limited chain. 

During battles usually everyone tries to kill sides, while people who are asked to chain and rake feel they are missing out on rewards. 

It would be great to have proper rewards for leaks which kill enemy as well, however I understand it's harder to code.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, vazco said:

I would suggest to increase it to 25 damage per crew (as opposed to current 15), as well as drastically increase damage for sails.

Reason - killing 500 crew in Santi is harder than lowering just one side to 40% and gives a more significant advantage in battle. 

Killing sails is now also critical and requires more skill with limited chain. 

During battles usually everyone tries to kill sides, while people who are asked to chain and rake feel they are missing out on rewards. 

It would be great to have proper rewards for leaks which kill enemy as well, however I understand it's harder to code.

in the patrol area you can get way more dmg in less time by shooting sails than hull. I see no issue with chain here. The real pain is that a gank fleet gets the full reward for a sunken ship. If BR ratio is benefiting one side in a huge amount the reward for the sunken ship has to be reduced as well. So not 9 marks splitted for 5 people that sunk one lonely guy. Instead they get for example 4 marks divided by the 5 guys.

• Like 2

It may be irrelevant in the near future depending on the fate the devs choose for pvp/combat marks. We may have some new general currency. I agree about the leak shot kill, in fact it should have its own combat news like boarding when you leak someone down.