Game-Labs Forum

I have a very simple request: The ability to turn chat off.

FYI: I am aware that chat can be turned off currently, but I feel the ability to turn them off individually is needed.

I have frequently found myself in situations where I wish I had my chat turned off in battle. The chat can at times be damaging to the enjoyment of Naval Action - I'll include a few examples of common "chat scenarios" in Naval action - I'm sure most will agree:

• 1 vs 1: "If I had a better ship, I would have beaten you!"
  • 2 vs 1: "Are you  too scared to fight me 1v1 you pussy???"
  • 1 vs 10: "Why are you running away you little prick, this is our waters! Come and fight - are you scared!!?"
  • 1 vs Trader: "Friends..? :)"

Because of the way this game works you can lose many hours of "productive" game-time in just one battle - nobody likes to lose a 5/5 Very Fast ship...This can cause people to react irrationally and become very offensive towards players that they otherwise wouldn't. Most games do not have this element of risk, therefore chat often becomes more personal than what's commonly seen in online games.

Especially "1 vs Trader" has gotten me many times - how can you sink a guy sending that message?

Basically allow us to turn off chats individually in options, I'd like to see a block chat for each "Chat-tab": Nation, Clan, Global, Trade, Help, Battle (Team), Battle (All), PMs. Possibly have the clerk list in battle-chat who has it turned off so people won't write for no reason - I think this will prevent many arguments with your enemy in battle.

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 2

Game settings -> global or enemy communication or chat -> Disable. I believe it disables all enemy communication in battle chat, but I'm not 100% sure.. And I don't remember exactly what it is named, but it is in the settings somewhere xD

And you can still see friendly team chat.  It might affect global chat also, I don't remember. It was enabled by default when I started playing, so all I remember is that communication with other nations was not possible/difficult.  

Edited by Tiedemann
global chat might be an issue

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Ignore should affect Battle chat.

Would be the simple solution to a complicated suggestion.

Why is it so complicated to have a tick-mark next to each chat to turn on/off? I can think of a number of suggestions that are harder to implement.

Is there an engine limitation I'm not aware of? today we can already close most chat windows - why not allow us to do that with all windows incl. battle?

Edited by Percival Merewether

1 minute ago, Percival Merewether said:

Why is it so complicated to have a tick-mark next to each chat to turn on/off? I can think of a number of suggestions that are harder to implement.

Is there an engine limitation I'm not aware of? today we can already close most chat windows - why not allow us to do that with all windows incl. battle?

I mean, quick and dirty fix :)  and it would cover a tiny bit of your request. After all we can ignore/un-ignore ( is that even a word !? ) at will.

Personally have no idea of the pipeline or difficulty of the task.

• Like 1