Game-Labs Forum

I would like to see pvp rewards given for capturing player ships just as gor sinking them. It sucks when the disscussion has to be had on whether or not to capture a ship for re sale/use under a new flag, or sink for pvp marks. admitedly the minigame for boarding isnt fabulous but there seems to definetly be alot to it, and it seems all the books and boarding upgrades go to waste when capturing player ships is at the cost of pvp marks esspecially when it can be just as challenging as out right sinking them.

Disagree. You are able to see the build and any installed modules before you decide to keep or sink the captured ship, so the choice seems balanced to me. A good ship with strong modules is worth much more than the gold/marks, but the PvP marks are worth more than a badly built ship. 

I'm certain XP is awarded.

It is the "material" rewards that befall the decision making by the winner - sink or capture, each with its own type of reward.

As Texas well puts it, some ships are worth more than the marks award given their build and equipment.

• Like 1

More importantly....

Why if i attack say a french ship under a french fort because fort shoots me and french ship after i board and scuttle french ship tower gets the kill and i get a assist & 2 pvp marks thanks.....

I was far too hungover yesterday when this happened yet again..please fix...

Any entity gets the kill IF it does the most damage. This applies to players, AI ships or coastal defences - all entities. All others get assist IF they do at least 10% damage of the potential total damage of the target.

What fix is needed ?

41 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I'm certain XP is awarded.

It is the "material" rewards that befall the decision making by the winner - sink or capture, each with its own type of reward.

As Texas well puts it, some ships are worth more than the marks award given their build and equipment.

XP is not rewarded to the same degree.  Sinking gives you far more XP points than capture.  Plus, capture gives no monetary award where sinking gives a good payout.  Granted, you can sell the ship if you choose, but it is far less.

Just now, Oberon74 said:

XP is not rewarded to the same degree.  Sinking gives you far more XP points than capture.  Plus, capture gives no monetary award where sinking gives a good payout.  Granted, you can sell the ship if you choose, but it is far less.

Sinking is full 100% damage. It does give entire XP sure :) , at least that's how I reason it and it makes sense, blind mechanics wise.

Damage up to the point of capturing, gives amount of XP accordingly to damage done ( plus you win the ship ! )

@admin can you confirm if this is the case ?

Just now, Hethwill said:

Sinking is full 100% damage. It does give entire XP sure :) 

Concur.  My argument is that capture has the same effect on the enemy.  The vessel is removed from their inventory.  In some cases, capture is harder than sinking. (At least for me, without all the mods). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

And again, that should give a Captain the same rewards.

It would actually give MORE rewards in many cases....  a captured fully tricked out PvP hunting vessel with top-tier mods is worth far more than the PVP marks you get by sinking it.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

It would actually give MORE rewards in many cases....  a captured fully tricked out PvP hunting vessel with top-tier mods is worth far more than the PVP marks you get by sinking it.  

Very good point.. I guess i'm thinking more for a newer player (which I am).  When you're grinding up, its very disappointing to get the lower XP from a capture when it would have been easier to just blast it to splinters

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Any entity gets the kill IF it does the most damage. This applies to players, AI ships or coastal defences - all entities. All others get assist IF they do at least 10% damage of the potential total damage of the target.

What fix is needed ?

I boarded the ship and sunk it ultimately the kill should be awarded to me not a tower that's so dumb it shoots it's own ship to get to me. That I risk my ship under a enemy tower to board and kill the ENEMY rather then sail away and let both survive basically if I hadn't boarded player would have escaped battle or i would have been sunk or demasted by the fort. I can't be the only one that thinks it's dumb..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

I think the tower AI needs to understand line of sight, they don't and will happily try to hit you even if there is a friendly vessel in the way :)

That's a nice proposal :) Sounds much better.

6 hours ago, Oberon74 said:

Correct you get XP for damage to crew/sails/armor. So if you shoot and sink a ship you will get more XP. If you rage board a ship you will get very little XP.

10 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

Disagree. You are able to see the build and any installed modules before you decide to keep or sink the captured ship, so the choice seems balanced to me. A good ship with strong modules is worth much more than the gold/marks, but the PvP marks are worth more than a badly built ship. 

I can't see captured ship stats till I'm in port, only mine in battle.  Is this a bug?

2 minutes ago, Capt Aerobane said:

I can't see captured ship stats till I'm in port, only mine in battle.  Is this a bug?

Roll up to the capped ship and press X on it. Then hover over the ships name it will show you the build. Make sure you move your mouse over the name twice so it shows mods.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Your reward is the ship you captured, you want PvP mark you scuttle it.

Some ships are worth keeping/capturing simply cause of the mods that are put on them and the builds.  So they can be worth more than just a few points of PvP marks.

but why not give pvp for boarding? its not like its easier.

Edited by asuspiciousbear

1 hour ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Roll up to the capped ship and press X on it. Then hover over the ships name it will show you the build. Make sure you move your mouse over the name twice so it shows mods.

Yeah when I do that i can see my ships if I hover over my ship but not the enemy. No window pops up, it must be a glitch because it works in the OW if I go to crew management and it works on my own vessel when in the x interface. I'll submit a ticket next time I board something.