Game-Labs Forum

What do you guys think about AEGODs Civil War II and it's DLC Bloody Road South.

I've had the game for two years and keep trying to get into it but it's so super deep and micromanagy

AGEODs are very complex but reward in the long run. Can't say anything specific for the ACW campaigns. I like their localized packs, like Revolution Under Siege which is the one i'm running.

IIRC the OOBs from the ACW pack could be exported and then imported into SoW for scenarios.

I´ve spent 30-40 hours on this game, including the DLC and I still haven´t managed to control each one of its mechanics properly. It requires plenty of patience and free time. I´ve read some reviews which say that once you´ve mastered game mechanics, the entertaiment is unlimited.

Edited by Pablo Frias

They're fantastic games if you have the patience to learn them, which requires a lot of forum searching. Every one of their titles, excepting some of those which were first published, have active communities.

It's probably easier to learn if you find an opponent on their forums. A lot of them are more than willing to teach the game mechanics as well. One thing people don't generally consider is their games lend themselves very well to multiplayer. If you can get a decent group of people together and agree on roles and responsibilities, you can pass save files around via Dropbox and have one person "host" for turn execution. Their WW1 title lent itself very well to that, and I played quite a few multiplayer games that way with people from the Paradox forums. Those were an absolute blast.

• Like 1

I loved AGEOD’s CW2.  Burned many an hour in college, even during boring lectures playing.

What I wish for us a cross between CW2 and UGCW. Almost a Total War franchise type game. Where you can build your armies and also command the battles yourself rather than let it simulate.  I loved Empire TOTW and Napoleon TOTW for that idea. Just wish they could harness it to the American Civil War. A marriage of CW2 and UG

2 hours ago, Buford Protege said:

I loved AGEOD’s CW2.  Burned many an hour in college, even during boring lectures playing.

What I wish for us a cross between CW2 and UGCW. Almost a Total War franchise type game. Where you can build your armies and also command the battles yourself rather than let it simulate.  I loved Empire TOTW and Napoleon TOTW for that idea. Just wish they could harness it to the American Civil War. A marriage of CW2 and UG

I've got my eye on Grand Tactician's Civil War.  Sounds like it will be just that kind of mix.