Game-Labs Forum

AEGOD CW2

AGEODs are very complex but reward in the long run. Can't say anything specific for the ACW campaigns. I like their localized packs, like Revolution Under Siege which is the one i'm running.

IIRC the OOBs from the ACW pack could be exported and then imported into SoW for scenarios.

I´ve spent 30-40 hours on this game, including the DLC and I still haven´t managed to control each one of its mechanics properly. It requires plenty of patience and free time. I´ve read some reviews which say that once you´ve mastered game mechanics, the entertaiment is unlimited.

Edited by Pablo Frias

They're fantastic games if you have the patience to learn them, which requires a lot of forum searching. Every one of their titles, excepting some of those which were first published, have active communities.

It's probably easier to learn if you find an opponent on their forums. A lot of them are more than willing to teach the game mechanics as well. One thing people don't generally consider is their games lend themselves very well to multiplayer. If you can get a decent group of people together and agree on roles and responsibilities, you can pass save files around via Dropbox and have one person "host" for turn execution. Their WW1 title lent itself very well to that, and I played quite a few multiplayer games that way with people from the Paradox forums. Those were an absolute blast.

• Like 1

I loved AGEOD’s CW2.  Burned many an hour in college, even during boring lectures playing.

What I wish for us a cross between CW2 and UGCW. Almost a Total War franchise type game. Where you can build your armies and also command the battles yourself rather than let it simulate.  I loved Empire TOTW and Napoleon TOTW for that idea. Just wish they could harness it to the American Civil War. A marriage of CW2 and UG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buford Protege said:

I loved AGEOD’s CW2.  Burned many an hour in college, even during boring lectures playing.

What I wish for us a cross between CW2 and UGCW. Almost a Total War franchise type game. Where you can build your armies and also command the battles yourself rather than let it simulate.  I loved Empire TOTW and Napoleon TOTW for that idea. Just wish they could harness it to the American Civil War. A marriage of CW2 and UG

I've got my eye on Grand Tactician's Civil War.  Sounds like it will be just that kind of mix.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Ageod Pride of Nations 19th C Multiplayer games were the most fun I've had in MP grand strategy gaming - table or digital - a turn a day (each representing half a month) pace over decades of simulated time. and a couple years of realtime. The diplomatic and other correspondence (could keep a proactive player busy on some days trying to manage a situation before the daily turn deadline. The amount of time spent on global trade and economic dealings exceeded by far the periods of open conflict. Keeps in mind that war is a tool in service of broader ends.  

CW 2 is all about the war. A two-sided game, though I'd prefer more to better represent the east and west and issues of coordination.  Because each player's AGEOD turn is a file, one player can do his moves and send to another player on his side who can do his and maybe change some orders before submitting them for processing.   

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play this game a lot and it's great. There's a fairly steep learning curve for noobs and there are a lot of helpful people in the forums. When I first played, the beginning of the manual spent much time discussing how to form armies and I had a tough time figuring it out. Eventually I figured out that while it's important - it's not necessary to become adept at it. Making sure you have enough commanders in your division so you don't suffer a penalty is the most important aspect. I started many practice games and eventually got pretty good. I always play the Confederates in full theatre mode and had some great games where I triggered foreign intervention. It has excellent replay value too.

Edited by Raddmann99
Typo
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

CW2 is a great game in my opinion. All the AGEOD games have an extreme learning curve with army management, supplies etc.. Once you've picked it up there is no game with the amount of detail on a Army building level like CW2. I have over 200+ hours just in the grand campaigns alone and each time is different and exciting. I suggest adding the portrait mod which adds many more generals and pictures to the game. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

When it 1st came out I bought and Played AGoD's American Civil War, the Blue and the Gray , Great game , very long learning curve. From that experience, I later bought there CW2 which is  the same game with add-ons, redone graphics. An excellent grand strategy game. I do miss the elements, that made up each brigade recruited in this game. The elements I call regiments.