Game-Labs Forum

Partial materials wipe - advanced warning

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Not sure I can stand to grind through the ships again though but wealth wise wipe away.  That something I can easily make up from a basic cutter level and some time.

They haven't said they're going to do that. I was just saying I wouldn't care.  Actually I would love it.  All the high ranking admirals with all the great stuff would be on my level..   

4 hours ago, Hethwill said:

*chuckles*

Don't worry, your Rank and Crafting XP are 99.99% safe on release :) taking from devs posts from before.

In any case, seems like NA might be the first EA or Testing you've done.

And you forgot ship knowledge as they added that to the list of things we will get upon release.

4 hours ago, Oberon74 said:

They haven't said they're going to do that. I was just saying I wouldn't care.  Actually I would love it.  All the high ranking admirals with all the great stuff would be on my level..   

It doesn't take long to get things back, but I would actually love a dang port wipe to clean house of all those clans owning ports that aren't active but have so much money in bank they can keep paying for them and well some ports that was taking cause of bad mechanics or dead clans dropping ports.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrgoldstein said:

Please lord no, if i have to spend all those 100's of hours again to get where im at now?? No way im doing that again..ill just leave right away, love this game but please no...

You do know they will wipe every thing except xp/rank/crafting Shipknowedge upon release of the game.  We will all be back in BasicCutters and Pandora's or any other Premium ship we might have at that time only.  I honestly can't wait for it as it would be nice for every one to stat at the same level since we have had a merge since the last wipe.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And you forgot ship knowledge as they added that to the list of things we will get upon release.

...sure... 🙄

As I posted earlier, the sample of a warehouse. Even with all the materials converted, is there even real need to touch upgraded eco at all ?... Not really. Not if we keep it all. Just my 2 cents.

59 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It doesn't take long to get things back, but I would actually love a dang port wipe to clean house of all those clans owning ports that aren't active but have so much money in bank they can keep paying for them and well some ports that was taking cause of bad mechanics or dead clans dropping ports.

If the clans arnt active then they are even easier to take then neutral ports so it does not really matter.

On 6/15/2018 at 5:55 PM, Aster said:

If the clans arnt active then they are even easier to take then neutral ports so it does not really matter.

not really if they have folks on friendly clan list others can keep defending the port.  We did that with RAM until they screwed up the drop the port so some other clan could pick it up.  They really need an option for dead clans or small clans that don't want ports any more to hand them off to another nation clan.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:44 AM, Wynkyn de Worde said:

I have seen nothing from the devs saying that gold and silver mines or ore will be removed. In fact, they were mentioning a new building; a mint. I'll bet it's not going to make coinage out of fir or oak logs. "It's not weird if you assume" they don't want to hand players resources for the mint either. Pity we are all left 'assuming' when they could just tell us what the plan is (presuming they know).

And where do you takle gold and silver if mines will be taken out?

On 6/15/2018 at 11:54 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I hope they will keep also  already learnt crafting recipes and skill books, since they are basically the same (grind) things as ship knowledge.

Ships, gold, assets, outposts and building can go (except for eventually premium contents, which would have been paid in real money)... they are not difficult to recover.

Edited by victor

43 minutes ago, victor said:

I hope they will keep also  already learnt crafting recipes and skill books, since they are basically the same (grind) things as ship knowledge.

Ships, gold, assets, outposts and building can go (except for eventually premium contents, which would have been paid in real money)... they are not difficult to recover.

Not really those are things you get from drops and rewards, to be fair we should have to re-find those things just like any one else.  Even though I have all the rare books on my main I wouldn't think it would be fair to a new player that I can have OP gunnery and boarding mods they can't get straight out the door.

Recipes for ships you can buy in the admiralty store for every thing other than 1st rates (those will need Victory marks).   

Now what I can see them doing and some other games have done, is do a pre-release wipe, lets say when we official go to BETA stage of the game and tweeking out the last moment things.  Do this a month before official release.  Than let all those with pre-sales keep anything they gain that month.  So we get a bit of a head start or any one that buys before release.  I do think when they go to beta stage the Pandora should no longer be offer to new accounts as it should be the Tester special ships just like the Yacht is the Pre-Steam special ship.

And I agree premium content that is paid for before release should be there ready upon release day.  

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Not really those are things you get from drops and rewards, to be fair we should have to re-find those things just like any one else. 

Then you should have also re-grind your ship knowledge as anyone else.

Everyone has its own concept of "fariness" here, and I do not see any objective reasons why to treat in one way ship knowledge "rewards" and other kind of rewards, since they both are "rewards" for time and effort spent in game.

And to TBH getting rare skill books takes much more time and effort than grinding ship knowledge, so they should be higher than ship knowledge in the list of "saved" things.

PS: keep in mind also that another hard-wipe (it would be the third or fourth, I do not remember) in the acutal situation really could bring with it the risk of killing the game population.

Edited by victor

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PYR said:

Hello. when the wipe will be? I have stoped all crafting of material for weeks now and it would be nice to know when this will happen, please:) 

Same to me, I'm waiting for this partial wipe to start floating ships in an unexpected port of Spanish Nation ;)

Edited by SirAlatriste

Economy patch will be deployed before the port UI patch. We do not have the date yet.

It will include 

• Denomination of currency (it will lose a couple of zeroes)
  • Updated crafting for ships and upgrades (which will also include changes to resources required for ship building)
  • Intermediary materials (like oak frame parts) conversion into raw materials (based on the table provided in the main topic)
  • Removal of permit requirements for low level vessels except for ships of the line
  • Like 10

12 minutes ago, admin said:

Economy patch will be deployed before the port UI patch. We do not have the date yet.

It will include 

• Updated crafting for ships and upgrades (which will also include changes to resources required for ship building)
  • Intermediary materials (like oak frame parts) conversion into raw materials (based on the table provided in the main topic)
  • Removal of permit requirements for low level vessels except for ships of the line

I am aimed at August

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Does that mean we will see more ships sailed by npcs. And will we be able to capture them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

It will include 

Was hoping we get it before the end of last month or this week (tomorrow is a US holiday), but when it gets here I guess it will get here.  I'm taking if this is taking longer than so will the in port UI and we prob won't be seeing that by end of the month?

On 6/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, victor said:

Then you should have also re-grind your ship knowledge as anyone else.

Everyone has its own concept of "fariness" here, and I do not see any objective reasons why to treat in one way ship knowledge "rewards" and other kind of rewards, since they both are "rewards" for time and effort spent in game.

And to TBH getting rare skill books takes much more time and effort than grinding ship knowledge, so they should be higher than ship knowledge in the list of "saved" things.

PS: keep in mind also that another hard-wipe (it would be the third or fourth, I do not remember) in the acutal situation really could bring with it the risk of killing the game population.

Just a good example of how stupid and imbalanced the skill book system is more than anything.. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 1:16 PM, Intrepido said:

We would support the game far better if we bought cosmetic DLCs.

Why do you ask to pay for paints? Who in their right mind asks for payed content that was already in game a year ago for free? DLC should be discussed after release,  not during alpha and the fact that we have dlc before many other fixes is a complete disgrace. Takes devs 2 months to fix wasa, God knows how long for dlc ship rebalance and roe/rvr fixes but when people ask to pay for stuff like Admiralty it's added less than a month later. What a joke. Chains still are a mess and repairs also but dlc is more important to some people I guess. 

• Like 4