Game-Labs Forum

Partial materials wipe - advanced warning

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

What about stuff in clan warehouse, will it just convert over to the new resources and the same with stuff in your port warehouse so you will have just big stacks of the new resources instead of the several stacks of the old?  While I don't think this is going to be a problem in the clan warehouse, but I can see stack limit and space problems in the port warehouses of players.

a lot of items disappear - there will be plenty of room left for new stacks. 

• Like 1

Admin,

With computers and programming these days it is possible to do wonders. I expected the materials wipe to result in the reconversion of each item back into it's base materials and labor hours - AND LABOUR HOURS. This is not a difficult programming task. You can even work out in advance what quanitiy of the base material each type of item being wiped would be. Please remember that the materials you are wiping represent real world hours spent collecting them and in game labour hours spent creating them. Please do not sell us short with a 'quick fix', amateurish conversion, be the professionals we expect.

On the other hand, I think this is a dumb change. The crafting added to the game for me. Making intermediate items is a way for new players to rank up their crafting without needing a shipyard or workshop.

I have no faith you will pay more the the slightest attention to my suggestion. Probably instantly dismiss it, is my guess. And then I can expect the usual responses from your sycophants supporting this poor decision to reduce the game conent and make the game more one dimensional, as being a good thing. God help us.

The complaint that crafting took to long, may have some merit. But there are smart ways to solve it. How about creating a 'Bellona Shop Order' - all the materials required to create a Bellona are listed just as they are now when you craft one. You present the 'shop order' to the warehouse and it fills it as best it can from the materials in the warehouse. If all the materials are available you have assembed the constituents of a Bellona in one click! If not, this then leaves the player to create only the missing materials. This suggestion would solve the 'too many clicks to craft' problem, keep the existing materials and provide new players with tasks - give them a 'shop order' for 30 furnishings.

Good idea eh. Such a pity where this game is going...

Wynkyn de Woerde

Edited by Wynkyn de Worde
Spelling mistake.

20 minutes ago, maturin said:

You're not going to get a 10,000 labor hour present from the devs, thereby screwing over the economy for weeks to come...

Your thinking is flawed. It's not a 'present'. Labor hours are just as much a constituent of components as any other materials. In fact by wiping them out the devs are removing a substantial part of the economy. The labor hours I put into my materials are ones that I paid for mostly so they represent in game gold at a minimum - and that gold equivalent is being withdrawn from the economy. Think about it.

Edited by Wynkyn de Worde
Spelling mistake.

Ships and ships and all goodies for those ships for "years". Who needs economy that works like this or does it really matter to discuss "economy broken" ? Think about it. It is a hoarding economy :)  Who needs a nation when the captain ( the player ) is a Navy Board / Nation on its own ? It skims on the "obscene", and this is just a simpleton captain, not a ultra dedicated one. Multiply it by 1000x and you can guess some of the hoarding made by some fellows out there

image.png.f96b2827990ef166f1934785ce65ecce.png

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, Ink said:

Some information about material conversion, please note that this is not a final decision and changes are still possible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wskSxkK0nJXCQ-Z-DxJcVFXu_ztPKo0huf4SUHbKQ24/edit#gid=0

gold coins (and ingots) and silver coins (and ingots) give coal?

They should give (at least a small amount) of gold and silver.

Only thing I found about silver and gold:

On 4/19/2018 at 9:05 PM, admin said:

Old legacy coins and ingots removal

• Current Gold Coins and Silver Coins will be removed from game (you can start dumping them or use for craft if you have huge stocks) and stocks left will be compensated at denominated prices
  • Current gold ingots and silver ingots will be removed from game and mines will be removed (and building costs compensated) 

Anyone knowning more about actually removing gold/silver?

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Ships and ships and all goodies for those ships for "years". Who needs economy that works like this or does it really matter to discuss "economy broken" ? Think about it. It is a hoarding economy :)  Who needs a nation when the captain ( the player ) is a Navy Board / Nation on its own ? It skims on the "obscene", and this is just a simpleton captain, not a ultra dedicated one. Multiply it by 1000x and you can guess some of the hoarding made by some fellows out there

image.png.f96b2827990ef166f1934785ce65ecce.png

Holy shit, you do a lot of pve!

• Like 1

Could this be the big patch, or just another hotfix?  @admin @Ink?   Well either way I'll have to find out when I get home from work tonight as I have to leave before the servers come back up.

If is not the big patch it would be nice if hey give us a day or two heads up before it drops.  That way we can convert stuff at the last moment into other things if need be.

34 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Holy shit, you do a lot of pve!

I don't do a lot, albeit this latest character i've been doing a lot of PvE testing. :) 

Also, we get Combat Marks with PvP as well if you haven't noticed. I recall it is equal number of combat marks as pvp marks.

Plus nothing in the screenshot says it is mine, it is just a player's character that was never deleted since the wipe a while ago. Go figure. He needs nothing from the "economy" anymore. He is out of the "eco" game, same as thousands of others.

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I don't do a lot, albeit this latest character i've been doing a lot of PvE testing. :) 

Also, we get Combat Marks with PvP as well if you haven't noticed. I recall it is equal number of combat marks as pvp marks.

Plus nothing in the screenshot says it is mine, it is just a player's character that was never deleted after the wipe a while ago. Go figure. He needs nothing from the "economy" anymore. He is out of the "eco" game, same as thousands of others.

Well I was looking more at the books the screenshot shows. It 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Well I was looking more at the books the screenshot shows. It 

Yep. In the end it is a showcase of how things are across plenty of captains. That's we wanted, right ? Tid and bits dropping everywhere and growing on trees so we could enhance our ships in win-win ways.

Given the amount of hoarding I wonder if anti-eco crew is right after all and it is a faux-feature in the end... 🤔

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Could this be the big patch, or just another hotfix?  @admin @Ink?   Well either way I'll have to find out when I get home from work tonight as I have to leave before the servers come back up.

If is not the big patch it would be nice if hey give us a day or two heads up before it drops.  That way we can convert stuff at the last moment into other things if need be.

most likely minor patch we will get wipe and UI in one patch so we are waiting for 120min downtime not 90min

@admin The higher chance for good trims and 4-5/5-5 ships only in capturable ports is still planned? Any details yet on how high what chances will be, yet? I want to move my assets and it would be convenient for me to know before the patch drops. Thank you.

11 hours ago, Wynkyn de Worde said:

Your thinking is flawed. It's not a 'present'. Labor hours are just as much a constituent of components as any other materials. In fact by wiping them out the devs are removing a substantial part of the economy. The labor hours I put into my materials are ones that I paid for mostly so they represent in game gold at a minimum - and that gold equivalent is being withdrawn from the economy. Think about it.

You cannot go over your cap of maximum labor hours. Ever. You're asking for a cheat code in an entitled manner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, victor said:

If mines will be removed, I assume gold and silver will be removed too.

They will be converted into COAL !!! So I assume they are removed :)

They published a spreadsheet showing what will turn into what.