Game-Labs Forum

Partial materials wipe - advanced warning

Captains. 

With the forthcoming transfer to real Caribbean currency of the 18th century (Pieces of Eight(silver) and Escudos (gold). Crafting will be improved and streamlined.  As a result partial material wipe will be applied to all intermediary materials. 

Partial materials wipe means the following

• conversions will be applied to your current resource stockpiles 
  • due to changes in blueprints some conversions might make you worse off, and some will make you better off

To avoid losses we recommend to convert all materials to final products that will not change and can be a great way to save value (and maybe make a lot of money (as some prices will change).

Best storage value items are

1. Repairs 
  2. Cannons
  3. Ships (especially ships of the line)
  4. Upgrades
  5. We are not sure about combat and pvp marks yet, but victory marks are going to remain as now and also could be a storage value

ETA - 20-30 days

There will be 2 currencies (names and denominations not final)

• Pieces of Eight or Spanish dollar (formerly known as gold and combat marks)
  • Gold Escudos (formerly known as pvp marks)

more information will follow (including the list of materials removed)

Updated June 7th

Some information about material conversion, please note that this is not a final decision and changes are still possible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wskSxkK0nJXCQ-Z-DxJcVFXu_ztPKo0huf4SUHbKQ24/edit#gid=0

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

what about base materials like logs?

Raw materials - like logs - will be converted at standard rates and will not have a conversion loss, or gain (as they don't consist of multiple parts). 

For example 
Lynx will require 1 load of logs (instead of X logs). So all logs storages will just be divided by X, so no material gain or loss will exist. 

• Like 3

Not enough information here. 

'To avoid losses we recommend to convert all materials to final products'. Implies that we should all stop crafting resources / trading and use up what we have for the next 20-30 days (or is it likely to be 100-150 days!). Is it really going to be that drastic or just a slight adjustment with a loss of a percent or two in conversions?

Let's have the full picture please, if logs won't have a loss or gain which items/materials/resources will?  

Buster (same old same old)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

3 minutes ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

Not enough information here. 

'To avoid losses we recommend to convert all materials to final products'. Implies that we should all stop crafting resources / trading and use up what we have for the next 20-30 days (or is it likely to be 100-150 days!). Is it really going to be that drastic or just a slight adjustment with a loss of a percent or two in conversions?

Let's have the full picture please, if logs won't have a loss or gain which items/materials/resources will?  

Buster (same old same old)

"Raw materials - like logs - will be converted at standard rates and will not have a conversion loss, or gain (as they don't consist of multiple parts). 

Second admin post look at what is written in (...)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

"Raw materials - like logs - will be converted at standard rates and will not have a conversion loss, or gain (as they don't consist of multiple parts). 

Second admin post look at what is written in (...)

Yes, we got that..But clans or individuals have, at least some of them ,huge stockpiles of materials. How to craft so many ships, for example, when you can`t have enough dock space?

Not cool, if you ask me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

I am not a friend of wipe announcements of any kind. They change the playstyle of players because of mostly rumours and a 'it doesn't matter anymore'-mood. 

Its good news. The crafting needed a streamline and I for one welcome it. Just keep your resources Raw and use all your matts up :) 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, admin said:
  • conversions will be applied to your current resource stockpiles 
  • due to changes in blueprints some conversions might make you worse off, and some will make you better off

By 'conversion', do you mean, resources and stuff like that will be turned into the new currency?

Meaning that we have to gather them all again?

3 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

use all your matts up

Once again.... Some clans or individuals have LARGE stockpiles of materials. "Use all matts up" is easy to say, when you can`t even imagine those numbers.

I read it as Materials wipe, not resources wipe BUT some resources will be converted with no loss, eg logs to load of logs; per Admin's post.

Once Admin releases the list of Materials to be wiped we'll have a better understanding, no need to freak out yet lol!

Edited by PaladinFX

7 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Once again.... Some clans or individuals have LARGE stockpiles of materials. "Use all matts up" is easy to say, when you can`t even imagine those numbers.

its not the first wipe in that ALPHA Phase.

All people want changes, now there are coming...

you have enough time... you can craft enough ships. 20-30 days is a long time, but  good to get the info now and not few days before.

so dont cry about few materials... its all just pixels.

btw. list with mats will be posted soon.

Edited by Salty Sails
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, PaladinFX said:

I read it as Materials wipe, not resources wipe BUT some resources will be converted with no loss, eg logs to load of logs; per Admin's post.

🙂 Me too at first, then i read the conversion-part on resources and got confused i geuss 😛

2 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Can you use the substance which is placed inside your skull, first letter B, and think, before you say something ?

You can`t craft so many ships, because there is no SPACE in docks for all these ships. I have no clue how many carriages for example your little clan has, but some players/clans have few thousand carriages in their warehouses.

Not to mention other materials.

and? who told you, that carriages is a material what will be wiped?

i cant see a list with all the mats...did you? show me pls.

i had golden marines... after a wipe, they are gone, but hey... i m still alive...

8 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

its not the first wipe in that ALPHA Phase.

All people want changes, now there are coming...

you have enough time... you can craft enough ships. 20-30 days is a long time, but  good to get the info now and not few days before.

so dont cry about few materials... its all just pixels.

btw. list with mats will be posted soon.

We will see 20-30 days is plenty of time to get out there, loose a few ships, make some more and burn up those stock piles if need be cause we can always replace then.  I think folks should hold there comments until the said list comes out about how bad it might be.  I'm sure it's going to be a lot less painless than they think.

23 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

I am not a friend of wipe announcements of any kind. They change the playstyle of players because of mostly rumours and a 'it doesn't matter anymore'-mood. 

Pretty much what Salty said above this is an EA of a game still in Alpha phase of development but very close to moving on to Beta and than maybe release in the near future.  We are expected to have wipes.  Hell I had expected a bout a couple dozen of them over the past 2 years but we only really had 1 big one.   This is coming from some one that has to deal with 2-3 clan warehouses of mats along with a few other players in my clan that have very larger stock piles of stuff.  Don't see us complaining now do you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Captains. 

With the forthcoming transfer to real Caribbean currency of the 18th century (Pieces of Eight(silver) and Escudos (gold). Crafting will be improved and streamlined.  As a result partial material wipe will be applied to all intermediary materials. 

What about labor contracts? They will be affected / cancelled ?
I have storage of combat marks for it.

2 minutes ago, Nemockalb said:

What about labor contracts? They will be affected / cancelled ?
I have storage of combat marks for it.

Admin: "more information will follow (including the list of materials removed)"

Will there be any changes to skill book blueprints and the items required? I ask because I am 3/4 items for gunnery encyclopedia and have spent a hell of a lot of time grinding to get those parts and would be extremely miffed to have to start again if I dont get the last part before a change.

• Like 1

Я в лютейшем восторге! Итак никто не играет, так давайте забьем последний гвоздь - вайпанем ресурсные склады на Сомерсете! Устроим им "сюрпрайз мазафака", когда они надумают вернутся в игру.

Edited by Black Mamba

5 hours ago, Eyesore said:

By 'conversion', do you mean, resources and stuff like that will be turned into the new currency?

Meaning that we have to gather them all again?

Nope
Some explanation is needed

We called it a partial wipe, because only intermediate materials will be affected. For example barrels or frame parts or rudder parts - those are just fake clicks. And we want to remove them by just using the raw materials in all blueprints. Because of significant reduction of prices and denomination rounding errors will give you more resources or less resources as a result. Thus we recommend to use all intermediate materials and make something of them.

Example using lynx

Lynx BP will have

• 1 load of oak logs
  • 1 load of stone blocks
  • 1 load of fir logs
  • 1 load of hemp
  • 1 load of lignum log
  • 1 load of provisions
  • 1 load of compass wood
  • 1 load of iron ore
  • 1 load of coal
    + planking and frame specific logs of 1 each

In the similar way, Santisima BP will need from 20 to 30 loads of individual resources. Its cost (at base prices) after denomination will be somewhere around 35,000 or 65000 pieces of eight (8 real coins) .  

Now more details on resources and materials conversions.

No action needed.

• Raw materials will be converted as is with no loss or gain (for example Oak logs). If you have 1000 oak logs in the warehouse and the conversion rate is 100 to 1 - you will get 1 oak log (load) (number used is for information purposes only)
  • Money will be converted as is with no loss or gain. For example 1,000,000 gold will convert to 1000 Pieces of Eight (number is for illustration purposes only). 
  • Building productions and costs will also reduce according to conversion rates.
  • Repairs, upgrades, ships are not going to be affected.

Action recommended but not really required (the effects of loss or gain will be minor)

• Intermediate materials will be converted into raw materials. For example frame parts will convert into logs. Barrels might convert to logs or logs and ore. Carriages will convert to logs or logs and hemp. Et cetera.

As a result

• Crafting BPs will be cleaner and more easy to understand. 
  • There will be less unnecessary clicks
  • there will be less unnecessary materials to craft and hold
  • There will be less zeroes.

• Like 26