Game-Labs Forum

J & P Rebalance Mod by JonnyH13 and Pandakraut 05/06/2023 1.28.4

JonnyH13

1 hour ago, JonnyH13 said:

Uploaded fix.  Ugh... If I have to upload something again I am going to throw a fit!  (not really).  Let this be the absolutely truly finally fix the bugs.  

Gee.. just as I came up with a work around for it :)

Combining the Walton brigades gave the best  return for back in camp; otherwise you ended up with Walton's Brigade 1 at what ever strength they were at when Phillipi ended.

15 minutes ago, BCH said:

Combining the Walton brigades gave the best  return for back in camp; otherwise you ended up with Walton's Brigade 1 at what ever strength they were at when Phillipi ended.

I am surprised that actually worked. The brigade is still controlled by Walton in that case?

Brigade is controlled by Wagner in the battle, you will only get back at best 800 in camp assuming no casualties out of the combined 1600 (each split brigade was 800 to start, so you get half back in camp after deducting casualties).

Bad news is.. 1.22c did not fix all of it.  My Walton brigade of 1123 split into two 800 man brigades when the battle switches to the counter-attack. They  were also able to be combined into a brigade ( again commanded by Wagner, in the battle.)

I do have the saves, screen shots etc.

I have stopped right when I checked to see if I could combine the split brigades again. They retain the 2 star ranking when combined.

Edited by BCH

50 minutes ago, pandakraut said:

I am surprised that actually worked. The brigade is still controlled by Walton in that case?

Brigade returned to camp is controlled by Walton, and retains the 2 star ranking as well.

Edited by BCH
correction

Playing through Distress Call under 1.22c; so far every CSA brigade has charged into the Union line.

CSA cavalry (two split brigades) made a bee line from NW of Depot 1 across the open space into 2 skirmisher units with 1 cavalry unit which had the marker indicating they were not spotted.

Let me make it clear, this is not a complaint.

It just seems that the suicide charges are continuing.

SITREP on Distress Call

CSA is not fairing well with the repeated charges; might have something to do with the 3 batteries I brought to the fight...

CSA cavalry (3) is super aggressive; but have also been driven off each time by grouped skirmishers. CSA cavalry effectively are down to half strength, my cost = 1 skirmisher unit shattered.

42 minutes ago, pandakraut said:

Clearly we need to have BCH be our tester prior to releasing next time around :)

Guinness Extra Stout is preferred ;) or their Imperial Stout...

Could be worse, my wife could be playing this game; she has a long history of finding obscure bugs, dating back to Gemstone II and the beta-test of Ultima Online.

.. Wonders if Mrs BCH is complaining about how much time BCH is playing this game or enjoying having control of the remote

Thanks for all the ongoing efforts with the mod all, it is appreciated

Edited by lightningg
edited for spelling error

4 hours ago, lightningg said:

Wonders if Mrs BCH is complaining about how much time BCH is playing this game or enjoying having control of the remote

At the moment, only when she is not playing Dragon Age Inquisition on the high setting :), as for the remote, neither of us find much on TV to watch

11 hours ago, BCH said:

Could be worse, my wife could be playing this game; she has a long history of finding obscure bugs, dating back to Gemstone II and the beta-test of Ultima Online.

She'll have a hard time beating my discovery of an exploit to control enemy units by selecting one of your own units and shift-clicking an enemy one. ;)

• Like 1

Phillipi on 1.22d (Major General level)

There was no splitting at any point of the Union brigades which end up in camp after the battle.

The two CSA armoured trains were a surprise..

Just kidding on the trains :)

This was one my better Phillipi battles, with some AI surprises.

Zook comes in with 3 skirmisher units; and I start them off on my strategy of heading slightly NorthWest and then Easterly toward the village.

CSA unit engages my initial units before I can fully head East; I arranged my units in a concave line with two skirmisher units at the ends providing enfilade fire. I am hoping the CSA brigades retreats back toward the village. Nope, it routs east and then almost immediately moves through one my skirmisher units and ends up where the Union reinforcements come in. I move one of my skirmisher units south of it, and it pulls back a bit to the North.

I send Zook and the two remaining skirmisher units to the 'farms' that are just out of range of CSA units in the village; and because I have CSA units starting to head toward this area from the woods North of the cliff; I form a diagonal line anchored by one of the farms, extending back toward the West edge of the map.

As my reinforcements begin to arrive, I count 5 full CSA brigades on the West side of the river (6 if you count the one being held in check on the West map edge). That total is a bit of a surprise, I do not remember seeing that many on a regular basis on this side of the river. Walton and Loomis complete the right flank of my diagonal line; and I send Scales to start an attack on the North Bridge. The two artillery batteries are brought up to focus on the nearest CSA unit East of the Union line. I leave the skirmisher unit on the West map edge in place to keep the CSA brigade occupied.

As CSA brigades withdraw, I begin to swing my diagonal line to more of a North/South alignment. The CSA brigades outside of town withdraw to the SouthEast and remain on the West side of the River. I get a break, when the CSA in the village routs back to the South bridge and are blocked from crossing into Phillipi by one of their own brigades attempting to cross the bridge. I am able to get Loomis and Walton into the center of the village with support by Woods Battery, and a skirmisher unit on the Southern edge of the village. I now have 5 CSA brigades on the West side of Phillipi caught in the open.

Zook and another skirmisher unit is sent to reinforce Scales, and the remaining battery is re-positioned to support both the North and South bridge attacks. Eventually the CSA brigade at the North Bridge routs and I rush my three Northern most units across the bridge and begin an attack to whittle down the CSA battery in Phillipi. Once the CSA battery is shattered, I begin the capture of Phillipi. The 5 CSA brigades mentioned earlier now start trying to cross the Southern Bridge to get back into Phillipi. They suffer enfilade fire from the Woods Battery, Loomis, Walton, and the Skirmisher unit. None make it.

Counter attack...

I end up in Phillipi with both Union artillery batteries completely intact, and Scales, Loomis and Walton at almost full strength, Zook took the most casualties but is still at 900 and in good condition. I pull all Union units into Phillipi proper and do not use the fortifications outside of town. The two skirmisher units take the internal fortification positions (I have found that the CSA units will usually target those positions first if occupied, allowing your full brigades to take fewer casualties). One battery in the center of town, and one battery on the Southern edge of Phillipi.

Counter attack commences.. to my surprise, AI starts the attack on the North side of Phillipi. This is the Union line weakest section, but easily backed up by a battery. As Union reinforcements come in from the West, I quick march 3 of them to reinforce the line. The fourth Union brigade I allow to travel at normal speed to Phillipi. Eventually the four Union batteries are spread out in Phillipi so that at anytime three of them can focus fire on any CSA brigade attacking.

More AI surprises, CSA units never quite get an attack going at the Southern part of Phillipi. All the attacks were focused on the North and East sides of Phillipi. In my prior Phillipi battles almost all of the attacks are aimed at the South side of Phillipi to start and then the East side.

After the battle, I end up in camp with the 1st Division not needing any refit what so ever. Available resources go to creating the 2nd Division and supply.

Edited by BCH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pandakraut said:

I'm going to have to add a special feature in the next version where if your General is named BCH 10 trains spawn :)

Ok, then let me introduce you to my new unit.. Company A of the U.S. Engineer Battalion, formerly known as the Sapper and Miner company.

You know those nice shiny things those trains run upon?

CSA MG on the last version before the surrendering arty units were fixed to start working.

Fought the battle of Chancellorsville and won, then went to the Battle of Salem Church. After setting up my units I hit start battle and then it immediately went to "Defeat" screen. It shouldn't kill the campaign but it was definitely a bit 😫 

6 minutes ago, madmatg said:

CSA MG on the last version before the surrendering arty units were fixed to start working.

Fought the battle of Chancellorsville and won, then went to the Battle of Salem Church. After setting up my units I hit start battle and then it immediately went to "Defeat" screen. It shouldn't kill the campaign but it was definitely a bit 😫 

I think that means you are on 1.21? That sounds like the end of day timer bug which is fixed in the current version. I would recommend updating as you are very likely to hit that bug on other battles. The 1.22 changes should not cause any problems with being added mid campaign.

Regarding Salem Church, if it helps at all that battle is currently effectively unwinnable as the Union, so technically this is just adding parity to the campaigns... Bad joke, it's on the list of things to fix :)

• Like 1

Report from Bull Run (1.22d MG level)

2nd Ohio claims Confederate cavalry walks on water, crossed Bull Run and a tributary as if they were hard packed roads.

Two Union Cavalry Scout brigades scoff at the claim and report they shattered the Dragoons when they were trapped with Bull Run to their back.