Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pit

Battle Position Placement

I want to comment on how off the open world position join is. Where you join in a battle can be crucial and be used to leverage the prepared perk.

These are 2 photos i took of the same battle - 1st open world and then immediately in battle. I would like an explanation from the devs.E83508DF3100309BE3EA828F454A32FC4F49E2D0EBEE3BC81379198FE147DB1407EBD9250C3B43B3

• Like 1

2 ships are too close when¬†countdown end and battle started, so both agas are in battle at the same position, wapen and endi were too close or in tag circle, so random position after battle started...imo ūü§Ē

You were too close to the inner tag circle (open world position is still bugged) so you get placed and rotated randomly...

We had this on tuesday aswell. Santi was clearly sailing next to a enemy ocean (with some distance) for me while I was behind him. In the battle the santi spawned behind me though

So how to adjust the tagging? Just stay around inner circle, over the inner circle, next to enemy ship ?

15 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

So how to adjust the tagging? Just stay around inner circle, over the inner circle, next to enemy ship ?

Outside the inner circle. account for ships positions 1 second in the future at closure rate after it hits zero, that will be relative positions, not exact as scale of "gaming boards" are different.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Outside the inner circle. account for ships positions 1 second in the future at closure rate after it hits zero, that will be relative positions, not exact as scale of "gaming boards" are different.

But it still seems the rendering of elements and actual on-server positions is still buggy.  The client-side positioning of ships and circles is just not right, either in tagging or even stopped at port battle locations, etc.  It does not seem to be lag or ping related as it never updates or is corrected.  This has been F11'd numerous times but I think is contributing to what the OP experienced.  It's hugely frustrating.

Correct. It is not 100% translation due to several tech factors, including the visual latency and the scale.

Do a 100 tags and record the result. The pattern is - calculate 1 second ahead, stay outside the inner circle.

There are time where I spawn on the opposite side of the tack, sure. I'd say I was too close to the inner circle boundary, but can be due to a scale translation "bug/feature".