Game-Labs Forum

New player here and I see a flaw in the perk reset. The new player does not know yet the dynamics of the game and what play style will fit them best until they start playing. You have to allow a perk reset at a less “expensive” cost or at least a partial reset or possibly allow a reset after so many weeks (like 2 or 3) to give the new player time to adjust their perks to the playing style they are formulating. This game is very similar to Eve Online in its potential complexity and potential depth in many respects. Given that even the current tutorial only scratches the surface of a very narrow set of game knowledge/play I would suggest it’s unfair to the new user to lock them into a set of perks with such a high cost to alter. A possible solution would be to have one or two “floater” perks. You can change one or two at any given time but if you want to reset more you would have to pay a higher incremental cost for each subsequent change. This way you could adjust for what you had no idea initially you would need for what you found you want to do. I’m not sure of the solution but I can tell you now that I’ve played for a couple weeks steady I would have chosen differently but there isn’t enough game info in any kind of tutorial to have given what I feel is a good basis for choosing a perk set at the start of the game.

The success of the product is in appealing to the widest range of customers without watering down the quality. In my opinion a free partial reset of perks waters nothing down but it does allow you to change to some degree with newly acquired knowledge of the game and your gaming style.

Thanks o7 

Edited by uneasyrider

23 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Just kill a handful of ventres, don't make such a big deal out of it.

I see a fisherman. 😉 This forum is “suggestions”. I suggest you stop your whining about using the forum for it’s designed purpose. 😉

Edited by uneasyrider
  • Like 1

Before randomly clicking stuff i think about  the impact it may have and delay my decision at a later point. It even helps to handle suspicious emails.

Edited by z4ys

well perks are very expensive 

50 is to much , 30 would be great

but what about buying a extra perk for 100 cm a perk(for the trader)

and you can have 6 or 7  perks (especially the trader perk 3x)

Edited by Thonys

15 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Before randomly clicking stuff i think about  the impact it may have and delay my decision at a later point. It even helps to handle suspicious emails.

Before commenting maybe you should read the entire post, i.e. before commenting on something thourghly read the content before opening the pie hole and going fishing. Want more new players to pray on? If so be open to new suggestions. My suggestion is reading and the subsequent comprehension there of is fundamental. 😉

Edited by uneasyrider

10 minutes ago, uneasyrider said:

Before commenting maybe you should read the entire post, i.e. before commenting on something thourghly read the content before opening the pie hole and going fishing. Want more new players to pray on? If so be open to new suggestions. My suggestion is reading and the subsequent comprehension there of is fundamental. 😉

Get used to trolling and post derail when posting on these forums. Only Dev posts are controlled and cleaned it seems. Go through some suggestions posted by people and see what I am talking about. 

Edited by Montauban

3 minutes ago, uneasyrider said:

Before commenting maybe you should read the entire post, i.e. before commenting on something thourghly read the content before opening the pie hole and going fishing. Want more new players to pray on? If so be open to new suggestions. My suggestion is reading and the subsequent compression there of is fundamental. 😉

Sure tutorial is missing crucial points. But again never click the red button when its function isnt clear. Its a life lesson. Perk reset is expensive because of a reason. People used it to refit from crafter to pb in notime.

You want the game to challenge players, not frustrate them - and I view the perk reset as an unnecessary frustration.

Perks should be tied to the ship in use and not the player.

• Mortar Officer - not used very often, but essential when you are sailing a Mortar Brig in PB's
  • Fleet ships - 1 is nice for capturing enemy ships, but how often do you want 2 or three when tradings.
  • Carronades, double shot, charge - each useful or useless depending on the ship/load out.

The need to constantly change shouldn't be there - the player may want to complete different skill trees to achieve these things, but I don't see the point of requiring players change perks frequently.

We shouldn't be forced to buy alt accounts to get 4 ships in a fleet perk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Sure tutorial is missing crucial points. But again never click the red button when its function isnt clear. Its a life lesson. Perk reset is expensive because of a reason. People used it to refit from crafter to pb in notime.

Again, there is no way for it to be clear if there is no explanation. Catch 22. 😉 “Lacking”’doesn’t even begin to cover the tutorial. This isn’t life it’s a game if you haven’t noticed but from your comments I suspect you live there. 🙄

Edited by uneasyrider

After Tutorial is complete (on how to select perks and what they do) reward gives away 1 free perk reset item. That is how it's done in mmo world.  

In NA you learn by wasting resources, loosing ships or money. Is it normal I ask you? I do not think a new player will be very happy. 

Tutorial must be worked on. 

Edited by Montauban

16 minutes ago, uneasyrider said:

Again, there is no way for it to be clear if there is no explanation. Catch 22. 😉 “Lacking”’doesn’t even begin to cover the tutorial. This isn’t life it’s a game if you haven’t noticed but from your comments I suspect you live there. 🙄

Why you have to get personal? Games prepare childen for life as adult. So why NA shouldnt? But i agree one free perk reset as final exam reward would do no harm.

Perks are a choice. They should be a choice. Sure we all would love to have them all at once but that we cant is fun part.

Edited by z4ys

32 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Why you have to get personal? Games prepare childen for life as adult. So why NA shouldnt? But i agree one free perk reset as final exam reward would do no harm.

Perks are a choice. They should be a choice. Sure we all would love to have them all at once but that we cant is fun part.

Read what you said above and tell me you weren’t insulting me personally. The comment about a “life lesson” (You’ve got to be KIDDING ME! 😳) was especially rich given the total triviality of the subject, a game. Don’t over exaggerate the subject to aggrandize yourself and then I won’t take your comments as personal. This is a game and I’m making a suggestion. I suggest that if you don’t like my comment you take it to the complaints department or hold off on the bolstering of your ego. This is a suggestion form about a game not life.

That said, if you agreed about a free perk then you should have only said that and then this absolutely pointless conversation wouldn’t have started.

There you have it. 😉

Edited by uneasyrider

58 minutes ago, Montauban said:

Get used to trolling and post derail when posting on these forums. Only Dev posts are controlled and cleaned it seems. Go through some suggestions posted by people and see what I am talking about. 

Thanks for the heads up. My guess would be that if they do not monitor this particular forum the manufacturer doesn’t want suggestions. The trolling would be a great way to make those people that would like to see improvements feel like they shouldn’t make them and they are stupid and unneeded unless they come from “on high”. This way you don’t have to spend any money doing development and you can make the customers happy with a stagnant product and only put in an effort for improvement when the company feels its needed. I’ll go back to only commenting on Steam where it will get more of the general population. I’ll stick with those trolls and drop these. 

The game is fun, I hope it grows, I see plenty of potential for it. It’s a fun pastime while I have a break in real life. 

Take care all! o7

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

What about Reset per Slot in addition to reset all ?

Yes, I would personally prefer to see this configuration.  IMO resetting perks is usually implemented for one of two reasons: either you want to refit your ship for a new purpose, e.g. port battle, or for commerce.  Or the other reason that you want to tweak your perks, although you might like 2 or 3 or even 4 you have now.  So in the latter case, having individual perk reset capability would be ideal.

Maybe this? ---> You can buy either of these items from Admiralty: a 40 cm Reset-All-Perk card, or else a 10-cm Reset-1-Perk card.  That way it costs you 50 over time to reset one by one but you can discount it and still reset all in 1 fell swoop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

Why you have to get personal? Games prepare childen for life as adult. So why NA shouldnt?

Oh really?

In my life as an adult not once have i faced a zombie apocalypse,  had to catch golden coins while jumping or had to save the galaxy for the upteenth time.

Games are for fun dude, thats it no deeper meaning :D.

Just in case i'm wrong though...

timetraveller.jpeg

Edited by Dibbler

3 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Oh really?

In my life as an adult not once have i faced a zombie apocalypse,  had to catch golden coins while jumping or had to save the galaxy for the upteenth time.

Games are for fun dude, thats it no deeper meaning :D.

Isnt sudoku a game that helps to train the brain? An other example Kerbal space program is a game as well that simulates astrophysics preatty well. Why cant Naval Action simulate decision making?

12 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Isnt sudoku a game that helps to train the brain? An other example Kerbal space program is a game as well that simulates astrophysics preatty well. Why cant Naval Action simulate decision making?

Well i guess you can say fps games are good for hand/eye co-ordination etc but in 98% of instances games are made for fun. Sure kids can learn bits of astro-physics from Kerbal but they would learn 1000% or more through actual study. :)

I guess anything learned as a kid though is good, and can lead to a healthy interest through games i guess.

Edited by Dibbler

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

What about Reset per Slot in addition to reset all ?

VERY good idea.  The CMs are a problem for a serious trader.  I buy them when available, which isn't often, and usually at about 6K each.  Would be nice to bite that off in a smaller piece.