Game-Labs Forum

Prolog

Recently i got more into trading and one thing that annoys me most is waiting. Waiting for the other guy to finally reach the port where the trading will happen. Sure it would be possible to place a contract but sometimes we dont want to trade goods for money. Its not possible to trade goods for goods other than player to player trade. Therefore I suggest:

Suggestion:

Players can place contracts for a specific person with goods for goods trade option.

Rough summary: Player A rents Warehousepace to place goods in it and set up a payment rule. Player B can access said warehouse by paying (regarding the payment rule) and take player A's stored goods. Player A can collect the paymant afterward. Both players have not to be present at the same time.

Here is one example:

@rediii wants to buy 300 pve marks for 10 pvp. We both agree and set La Tortue as trading location. He is still occupied and needs 20 min to reach La Tortue. Currently i would have to wait 20min. 20 mins are not enough time to start a fight or whatever. Its wasted time for me.

But with the specific contract that works like a player to player trade but without being there at the same time there is no wasted time anymore.

How it works:

I place a contract and enter rediiis name. The trading window could look like this:

1741121489_playertoplayertrade.jpg.1051e1238ab7838930da59547071fc67.jpg

Now i can leave port and do whatever and my time is not wasted i can deliver content to other players. Rediii now has xy amount of time (maybe 1 maintenance cycle) to claim the contract by paying with 10 pvp marks.

This contract would simulate a middleman. He would ofc receive a fee ( tax generation for the port) It could be a fix fee because calculation of the tradevalue will be hard when no money is involved.

Fee contains rating of trading good and their amount. Its simulates a middleman and rented warehousespace (numbers presented are just examples)

Rules of the Player to Player Contract:

Its like the current contracts with some additions.

•  Its possible to withdraw before the other person claims the contract.
  •  If the contract isnt concluded in the timeframe (my suggestion was 1 maintenance cycle) the Item returns to the owner + fee has to be paid.
  •  When contract is placed the player named in the contract receives a Mail with all contract details, when contract is cancelled the player receives a message as well
  •  Both players have to pay a  fee
  •  fee could depends on item category and amount (kind of similar to the old delivery system)

Pros:

• less time waiting
  • more time to be content in ow
  • quality of life improvement
  • Improves port value
  • items still have to be hauled in OW
  • no Scam what you see is what you get

Uncertain:

• easier alt trading but alts would contribute towards portowners (more tax)

Cons:

• Annyoing other players by canceling the contract

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 19

8 minutes ago, Hellmuth von Mücke said:

Good idea,

is also especially good for people with  two or more alt-accounts in other nations. They do not even need to have 2 computers online at the same time.

thumbs up!

Use Sandboxie then you can have 10+ alt accs on one pc. I see no issue with alts so far.

Sounds like a good idea, but certain things would have to be clarified. Can a person withdraw from the deal before it is completed? What happens if the deal is not concluded within the timeframe? Your example uses marks which can be easily transported without risk but what if I was trading in skill books, what if during the time for the other player to arrive and complete the contract I had a better offer, could I withdraw from the contract? and how would the other person feel if they were already on their way there with their trade item only to find they made a wasted journey.

It is a better system than we have currently, but as I say it would need to be clear how it works so people cant be trolled by it.

3 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Sounds like a good idea, but certain things would have to be clarified. Can a person withdraw from the deal before it is completed? What happens if the deal is not concluded within the timeframe? Your example uses marks which can be easily transported without risk but what if I was trading in skill books, what if during the time for the other player to arrive and complete the contract I had a better offer, could I withdraw from the contract? and how would the other person feel if they were already on their way there with their trade item only to find they made a wasted journey.

It is a better system than we have currently, but as I say it would need to be clear how it works so people cant be trolled by it.

That makes me think that a system like that could be used to ensure the price you agreed upon - I have experienced that a captain will want me to sail half-way across the map to complete a deal only to have him raise the price.

Imagine if you could lock the deal for four hours, then I know what I'm sailing there for.

26 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Sounds like a good idea, but certain things would have to be clarified. Can a person withdraw from the deal before it is completed? What happens if the deal is not concluded within the timeframe? Your example uses marks which can be easily transported without risk but what if I was trading in skill books, what if during the time for the other player to arrive and complete the contract I had a better offer, It is a better system than we have currently, but as I say it would need to be clear how it works so people cant be trolled by it.

Its like the current contracts.

- Its possible to withdraw before the other person claims the contract.

- If the contract isnt concluded in the timeframe (my suggestion was 1 maintenance cycle) the Item returns to the owner + fee has to be paid.

...could I withdraw from the contract? and how would the other person feel if they were already on their way there with their trade item only to find they made a wasted journey.

Like i said its like the current contract system. Reclaim your contract get the items back but pay the fee. There is no difference to the current player to player trade. Rediii could sail to LT while i go offline. Arriving at LT he figures out that i am offline. Its a part of a player reputation. Like now dont makes deals with people you cannot trust.

21 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

That makes me think that a system like that could be used to ensure the price you agreed upon - I have experienced that a captain will want me to sail half-way across the map to complete a deal only to have him raise the price.

Imagine if you could lock the deal for four hours, then I know what I'm sailing there for.

Good point. While i place the contract rediii could get a message informing him that a contract is placed for him in port LT including the details of the trade. This way its ensured that it is actually what both agreed upon.

Edited by z4ys

10 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Would the mail-ships be in the OW ?

Setup mail from anywhere os or harbor. Must have an item aboard. Send. Items are stored on server memory or elsewhere until other person clicks claim. Limited sends per hour, one item per send with no quantity limit. Is it doable? 

Edited by Montauban

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

How to intercept the Mail Packet ship in the high seas ?

you can't and don't need as hundreds will be sending items and sharing passively.  Example other games allow you to send any legendary swords, outfits to anyone. 

Once per hour I can send 1 gift of resources and 1 gift of all other items. So, 2 mail per hour would be a nice start. 

Edited by Montauban

On 5/1/2018 at 9:56 AM, z4ys said:

Prolog

Recently i got more into trading and one thing that annoys me most is waiting. Waiting for the other guy to finally reach the port where the trading will happen. Sure it would be possible to place a contract but sometimes we dont want to trade goods for money. Its not possible to trade goods for goods other than player to player trade. Therefore I suggest:

Suggestion:

Players can place contracts for a specific person with goods for goods trade option.

Here is one example:

@rediii wants to buy 300 pve marks for 10 pvp. We both agree and set La Tortue as trading location. He is still occupied and needs 20 min to reach La Tortue. Currently i would have to wait 20min. 20 mins are not enough time to start a fight or whatever. Its wasted time for me.

But with the specific contract that works like a player to player trade but without being there at the same time there is no wasted time anymore.

How it works:

I place a contract and enter rediiis name. The trading window could look like this:

1741121489_playertoplayertrade.jpg.1051e1238ab7838930da59547071fc67.jpg

Now i can leave port and do whatever and my time is not wasted i can deliver content to other players. Rediii now has xy amount of time (maybe 1 maintenance cycle) to claim the contract by paying with 10 pvp marks.

This contract would simulate a middleman. He would ofc receive a fee ( tax generation for the port) It could be a fix fee because calculation of the tradevalue will be hard when no money is involved.

Fee contains rating of trading goodand their amount. Its simulates a middleman and rented warehousespace (numbers presented are just examples)

Rules of the Player to Player Contract:

Its like the current contracts with some additions.

•  Its possible to withdraw before the other person claims the contract.
  •  If the contract isnt concluded in the timeframe (my suggestion was 1 maintenance cycle) the Item returns to the owner + fee has to be paid.
  •  When contract is placed the player named in the contract receives a Mail with all contract details, when contract is cancled the player receives a message as well
  •  Both players have to pay a  fee
  •  fee could depends on item category and amount (kind of similar to the old delivery system)

Pros:

• less time waiting
  • more time to be content in ow
  • quality of life improvement
  • Improves port value
  • items still have to be hauled in OW

Uncertain:

• easier alt trading but alts would contribute towards portowners (more tax)

would be similar to Cash on Arrival as in WoW, just that the store in naval action is the mailbox in WoW

1 hour ago, Wyy said:

would be similar to Cash on Arrival as in WoW, just that the store in naval action is the mailbox in WoW

http://et.worldofwarcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Cash_on_Delivery

talking about this?

Yeah kind of. But i believe one important thing is that items still have to be hauled and not get invulnerable by a delievery system