Game-Labs Forum

Language request: "Nice" edits.

Captains. 

We are from eastern Europe and English is not our native language. 
Due to this fact sometimes our phrases can sound harsh and angry even though it was not our intention to come across this way. 

If you hear a strange comment we make that you definitely think will be misread or misunderstood. Let us know here or in private message. We will rephrase. 
If you find a statement that sounds extremely harsh or angry - let us know here or in private message. We will rephrase to remove all potential confusion.

We want everyone to have a good time here and playing the game and believe that the way we talk can also contribute to frustration. Help us fix it. 

• Like 25

well my english is so bad , people have to use the google translator when i write the word "YES" or "NO"   😜 lol (staun,otto and many more)

but , mostly we all do understand your intentions and goals

nothing wrong with that, at least not for me... 

and if it is harsh...well the soup is not as hot as when it's served..

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

It is important to read only what is written and not make assumptions. Then everything is clear even if some context is missing, but then it is just a question of asking clarification :)

OKe.

where the kitty is that tavern in atlantis,cant find it ....☺️, just asking :) 

3 minutes ago, znôrt said:

i personally like your style. it's direct, straigthforward and no-nonsense. 

instead of trying to appease oversensitive puritans and snowflakes, i would rather have you set an example, but that's just me :)

I disagree, I have one particular exchage of words in mind between admin and I that goes a couple of weeks back - I'm certain that it was rooted in a misunderstanding between us caused by a too "direct, straigthforward and no-nonsense." way of typing by both of us. though we did not resort to name-calling we both let the "dispute" get out of hand on a public forum.

If diplomacy can be used to resolve a disagreement between two people then so it should be done.

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

It is important to read only what is written and not make assumptions. Then everything is clear even if some context is missing, but then it is just a question of asking clarification :)

You're so wise

3 hours ago, Thonys said:

well my english is so bad , people have to use the google translator when i write the word "YES" or "NO"   😜 lol (staun,otto and many more)

but , mostly we all do understand your intentions and goals

nothing wrong with that, at least not for me... 

and if it is harsh...well the soup is not as hot as when it's served..

Fine you want to mention me, but to my knowledge i have never complaint about your english. 

I think that your other thread, reference community contributors could help in this respect.

Basically you could run all future patch notes and official Responses through them, to get their Feedback first, giving time for any misconstrued wording to be redone

3 hours ago, staun said:

Fine you want to mention me, but to my knowledge i have never complaint about your english. 

ahhhg yes it was not you ,but Lars kjaer ,sorry for that

But back on Topic, I do F11's when I see stuff in game that might not be correctly worded.  Though I"m the worse person to be checking wording, grammar and spelling, but I do keep my eyes open for little things like that. I know with the UI coming out and new desc for items we need to give a good look over of things so they can be quickly corrected.