Game-Labs Forum

AI chain is unlimited. No?

NethrosDefectus

I've tried asking in the Q&A section but have had no response from @admin or @Ink on the subject so I have decided to try here instead.  Do NPC ships have an unlimited supply of chain? I ask because I have seen increase in the number of players taking NPC fleet ships into PvP combat with them. My concern is that if the AI have unlimited chain then there is nothing to stop someone telling their AI ship to chain the opponent for the entire duration of the battle.

Thanks

Edited by NethrosDefectus

1 hour ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I've tried asking in the Q&A section but have had no response from @admin or @Ink on the subject so I have decided to try here instead.  Do NPC ships have an unlimited supply of chain? I ask because I have seen increase in the number of players taking NPC fleet ships into PvP combat with them. My concern is that if the AI have unlimited chain then there is nothing to stop someone telling their AI ship to chain the opponent for the entire duration of the battle.

Thanks

Thanks for the signal

We dont see it as an issue, we are yet to see fleets of chaining NPC fleet ships.  To my opinion and NPC in a fleet is a free gift to an enemy. They are just to entertain players and do not provide a real challenge (with the exception of reinforcement bots). 

If everyone will start using NPC fleets to chain enemies then we can come back to the subject.