Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sir William Hargood

Please for the love of god please fix loot mechanics....

Recommended Posts

OMG please Devs please improve the loot mechanics: Doesnt't my ship have a fucking longboat in which I can row to the goddamn wreck to loot. Really? I am literally next to the wreck and cannot loot. Either the loot distance or the sinking speed must change...Wooden ships wallowed in the water much longer while foundering...remember the footage of the Bounty that sank in 2012 in Hurricane Sandy off North Carolina? She was awash for quite some time. Please guys the last 6 ships I was right next to and couldn't loot. Its very very very frustrating. Especially since this is the only way to get essential books and stuff for PVP.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Very true, the same goes for the HMS Implacable (Ex Duguay-Trouin, 1805):

Took her three hours to sink after being blown up with "modern" charges.

That video makes me feel sad :(

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Very true, the same goes for the HMS Implacable (Ex Duguay-Trouin, 1805😞

Took her three hours to sink after being blown up with "modern" charges.

Even if charges were not set to let the fleets to show respects properly (would be harder if it sank in 1 min or completely exploded)

Current in game hours to RL hours conversion fits perfectly with what you have said. 
Correct me if am wrong of course but 3 hours is how many mins in game time? 

Also - if you board the vessel it does not sink. It only sinks if you completely destroy its structural strength, which in turn makes sinking time somewhat fine. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, admin said:

Current in game hours to RL hours conversion fits perfectly with what you have said. 
Current sinking times are in line with your proposed timings. 

Correct me if am wrong of course but 3 hours is how many mins in game time? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

Current in game hours to RL hours conversion fits perfectly with what you have said. 
Current sinking times are in line with your proposed timings. 

Correct me if am wrong of course but 3 hours is how many mins in game time? 

180 minutes, easy lol.

It's not about time though it's about realistically you'd have a bunch of boats to take care of lewt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to me a good compromise could be that a part of the loot remains in floating crates that stay there for some time after ship is no longer lootable because it sunk.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, victor said:

According to me a good compromise could be that a part of the loot remains in floating crates that stay there for some time after ship is no longer lootable because it sunk.

Are allow a gather loot feature at the end of the battle when it's over.  Some times we just don't bother looting cause the stupid AI turns up wind as it's sinking and we aren't going to get stuck in irons trying to get the loot when we are still fighting other ships.   Just about every other game out there has a loot at the end of the battle screen and if your in a group it either has a roll for it or is properly split between the party.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Are allow a gather loot feature at the end of the battle when it's over.  Some times we just don't bother looting cause the stupid AI turns up wind as it's sinking and we aren't going to get stuck in irons trying to get the loot when we are still fighting other ships.   Just about every other game out there has a loot at the end of the battle screen and if your in a group it either has a roll for it or is properly split between the party.

you could also do rng pvp rewards this way :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

180 minutes, easy lol.

It's not about time though it's about realistically you'd have a bunch of boats to take care of lewt.

You did not answer the question? If in game 24 hours is 20 RL mins. So how long would be in game 3 hours in RL mins?

 

But anyways. it all does not matter.
If you want comfortable loot pick up - board.
If you cant board and still want comfortable loot pick up - do something before laying the final shots (for example get closer, get between target and wind)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:

You did not answer the question? If in game 24 hours is 20 RL mins. So how long would be in game 3 hours in RL mins?

 

But anyways. it all does not matter.
If you want comfortable loot pick up - board.
If you cant board and still want comfortable loot pick up - do something before laying the final shots (for example get closer, get between target and wind)

That's a good point about boarding for an easier time looting however sometimes slowing a ship down with the new chain can be difficult. What if I was to bring a ship in fleet with me and told it to chain the enemy ship down. Could it do this for only a finite amount of time or perhaps longer than say a player could? Still on topic :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, admin said:

You did not answer the question? If in game 24 hours is 20 RL mins. So how long would be in game 3 hours in RL mins?

 

But anyways. it all does not matter.
If you want comfortable loot pick up - board.
If you cant board and still want comfortable loot pick up - do something before laying the final shots (for example get closer, get between target and wind)

are you talking about in battle or OW? When I play a battle it doesn't feel like it's going 3x faster than usual. Ships going 13knts, cannons reloading in 1:30, seems normal to me. Only thing I can see compressed to a massive extent are the size of the map and the skybox changing.

Ship sinking time is fine, it looks normal. But not being able to launch boats is pretty dissatisfying since that was a big part of the ship.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin said:

You did not answer the question? If in game 24 hours is 20 RL mins. So how long would be in game 3 hours in RL mins?

 

But anyways. it all does not matter.
If you want comfortable loot pick up - board.
If you cant board and still want comfortable loot pick up - do something before laying the final shots (for example get closer, get between target and wind)

The problem is most folks won't stay close to an AI sinking cause they will instantly rage board you or continue to shoot at you when half under water.  When I'm sinking that much my crew is all tied up in Survival trying to not sink so why isn't the AI?   The solution I use for that is to load grape and make sure the crew is lower than mine and it also means they sink faster if they can't pump the water out.  Now as for boarding if they are still good number of crew or more and they pull you not every one knows the rock paper scissors game of boarding and can be easily killed by AI cause they have ALL THE BOARD MODS and no penalty.

Maybe make it so that AI gets the same panilty from barricades (they have all the bonus not the penalties) and other things like having marines they should be reloading slower and if they have marines that is less crew in survival too.   Again AI cheats.....like for every having double shot and charge.  I would love to not run out of double ball like AI never seems to when they are still pounding my side half full of water.

And lets not get into them constantly turning into the wend and not getting stuck even though they are sinking....

Even though I don't give crap about AI loot any more cause all I get from OW ships is stupid basic mods and not anything else.  Basic Mods should only be showing up in low level missions not when your grinding SOL's in the ow for xp and opening slots.  It's still stupid your best loot is still trapped behind AI grinding loot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

 

Even though I don't give crap about AI loot any more cause all I get from OW ships is stupid basic mods and not anything else.  Basic Mods should only be showing up in low level missions not when your grinding SOL's in the ow for xp and opening slots.  It's still stupid your best loot is still trapped behind AI grinding loot.

I don't know man. We had auto loot and i like this implementation better. Its not like we randomly place the enemy ship far away. Where loot is - is under full control by the player.
Auto loot is impossible technically due to reward system rework last year. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, victor said:

According to me a good compromise could be that a part of the loot remains in floating crates that stay there for some time after ship is no longer lootable because it sunk.

How will crates magical leave the hold? They are even tied together....

If you care about cargo then board. If you care more about pvp marks then sink it.

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, admin said:

I don't know man. We had auto loot and i like this implementation better. Its not like we randomly place the enemy ship far away. Where loot is under full control by the player.
Auto loot is impossible technically due to reward system rework last year. 

having both would be best, normal looting for what's inside the actual ship, then a post battle loot drop for the scraps of what's left of the ship in the form of materials, repairs, whatnot. Just scraps of salvage items that may or may not be useful.

Can you give us looting cannons from a ship that hasn't sunk? The need to capture a ship for it's cannons is unnecessary imo

Edited by Slim McSauce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, z4ys said:

How will crates magical leave the hold? They are even tied together....

If you care about cargo then board. If you care more about pvp marks then sink it.

I don't think the issue is with PvP kills, player ships you don't fear about rage boarding and don't turn into the wind and do stupid stuff so they are a lot more easy to loot. 

15 minutes ago, admin said:

I don't know man. We had auto loot and i like this implementation better. Its not like we randomly place the enemy ship far away. Where loot is under full control by the player.
Auto loot is impossible technically due to reward system rework last year. 

I actually don't mind the sink rate of the ships and all, but I see how new players or those that don't play as much as others can get frustrated.  Just like I think the RNG GODS hate me.  We have a joke going in clan that ya'll put some code in game to make RNG give me the worse loot possible as other guys get good loot and I just keep getting basic mods..lol

I know one group in our clan recently didn't get the epic chest and one silver chest in an epic cause they couldn't get to it fast enough in the battle before it sunk.  I still think those chest should be a redeemable.  Maybe keep the silver and gold chest loot from ship, but make the Epic chest a chest that all players (6 total) that didn't sink get as a redeemable price after the mission is over.  Kinda like how the old port battle chest was given after port battles where over.  Which I still think we need to bring back those too with paint chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, admin said:

If you cant board and still want comfortable loot pick up - do something before laying the final shots (for example get closer, get between target and wind)

Explained :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Explained :)

 

my english is not good. 

Eastern english usually sounds horrible from the western perspective 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

my english is not good. 

Eastern english sounds usually bad from the western perspective 

 

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah yeah,  all those prejudices :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, admin said:

 

 

I can confirm

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I don't think the issue is with PvP kills, player ships you don't fear about rage boarding and don't turn into the wind and do stupid stuff so they are a lot more easy to loot. 

I actually don't mind the sink rate of the ships and all, but I see how new players or those that don't play as much as others can get frustrated.  

 

Me too. 
I just dont have enough evidence (anecdotal or video) that will prove that loot pick up is impossible.
I personally do not have problems with loot pick up. I also dont see this as a problem on live streams.

But if is a problem for a majority and the problem exists for everyone we can increase the time to sink for vessels. (which was increased twice over the last year) and can be increased again if necessary (range). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

Even if charges were not set to let the fleets to show respects properly (would be harder if it sank in 1 min or completely exploded)

Current in game hours to RL hours conversion fits perfectly with what you have said. 
Correct me if am wrong of course but 3 hours is how many mins in game time? 

Also - if you board the vessel it does not sink. It only sinks if you completely destroy its structural strength, which in turn makes sinking time somewhat fine. 
 

@admin Youre right... the time is probably in a good relation and it could be realistic.... but it is no fun -> and i dont think your argument works at all. i mean you say 1 min real time are 72 mins in game. with this logic my boat should sail in fight also 72x faster -> shoot 72x faster etc.

I mean it works for open world -> there you've got this time buff but in combat zone your back in realtime... so a boat should be longer loootable not only because that should be realistic because it's realtime it's also no fun with this frustration situation now. Do you know what i mean ?

Edited by the Kidd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:

But if it exists we can increase the time to sink for vessels.

Rather increase the value of OW loot (as @Sir Texas Sir said) than the sinking time again. Most of the time loot is only basic stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×