Game-Labs Forum

Friendly Trading List

Another idea related to contracts, @Sir Texas Sir suggested this one...

Like our Friendly Clan list for RVR we need a friendly Trading List.

This list combined with the option to turn this on or off for each port would have a huge impact on limiting the effectiveness of alts and their impact on trading. 

With this option enabled only members from the clans listed would be able to place contracts!

• Like 4

Have it that the owner of the clan owned port can set who can put contracts in the that port.  

NATION:  Any one in the nation can put a contract up)

Friendly clans only:  Only clans on the friendly clan trading list like the friendly clan list for PB's)

OPEN TO ALL:  This is auto set if you make a port open to all.  Any one can put up a contract.

This way you know an alt of putting contracts up you lock it to trading clans of you nation only.  Yes this means the solo clanless players will be limited but than most of them prob never leave the safe zones any way.  The game is gear towards making folks join clans any way, so lets give the clans the power they need.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

good way to get some the loafers in nations out there supporting the national effort reduce the player base even more.  Don't show up and help defend my ports, you don't get to purchase in them aren't welcome so just quit.

Didn't think you were of that opinion, but I stand corrected.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Your solution to alts and nation leaches/rogues that just suck benefits of your ports and never help?

I think the nation leaches/rogues or worse than the bad alts (being an alt player there are good uses for them).  What has always drove me crazy are the guys that complain about RvR and PvP rewards but they don't want to do the hard work or pay for them.  Sorry every game I been on you only get the elite PvP gear by doing it yourself or paying some one else to do it.   That includes perks of owning a port.  Folks can still come buy stuff in those ports, they just can't put up contracts in those ports.  No one is saying you can't buy off the contracts I put up if I want to sale woods and such for a bumped up price for those that don't help.    

Honestly we have let a lot of them get VM's in empty port battles and than you never hear anything from them.  Worse you get the guys, "How much can I sale this for?"  The guy getting his one VM a week from leaching off an empty port battle.   It's some times good to maybe get other nations to flip your ports into a port battle to clean the house of the dead weight of the nation.

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

The solo casual players normally aren't going out on there own towards clan owned ports.  The ones that do are in clans that work with other clans.   One guy getting restricted from putting contracts down is not going to kill a player base.  IF anything they put contracts up at the capital and pay more for folks to bring back those goods to fill them at a higher price.  That way I can sale to the guys I want not just have alts buy all my goods.  It is my clans port after all why shouldn't we do what we want with it?

12 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Your solution to alts and nation leaches/rogues that just suck benefits of your ports and never help?

Your question seems passive-agressive, it implies this is actually a problem.  I think it's a wrong premise and not a problem.  What percentage of players are active RVR here anyway?  What you're implying (or saying?) is that the other portion of players are just rogues and leaches.  Really?  That might just be the majority of players on the end of that insult.

I been in France for over 2 years (as player), and the ebb and flow of ports has been from an all time low all the way up to the reasonable number there now.  I don't complain about any of it, I manage my own game to suit current status.  But what I hear is that I should be punished for that.  Right?  Is that your view?  In other words, the $40 I paid to play my game I should be punished unless I play your way.  I guess because you are more important?  Just sayin'...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Most single players have their own clan. RSC started from that just because I needed a clan warehouse.

If we remove the silly restriction on the number of clans that can be added that would alleviate Jean's concerns.

True.  I do too, with two players though for when my son plays.

13 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

I'm of the opinion that despite some questionable decisions in the development of this game, it is still a MMORPG.  Emphasis on multiplayer. 

Getting players out of KPR and involved the national effort, helping defend or stock up ports is called content creation.  Something we sorely need more of in this game.  If a solo player wants to get into a port owned by another clan and purchase goods that particular clan pays to maintain, he needs to either be friendly with the clan, negotiate well or provide a service.  I see nothing wrong with this mindset.  There are far too many players in this game who fizzle out because of their stubborn refusal to join a clan and help organize towards a combined effort somewhere.  If they want to go live the solo lifestyle, go be a pirate.  

There is also a disparity in effort expended and rewards given.  Clan X grinds up a port, gets players together to win the port, put the effort for ships and supplies and then pays the bill to maintain that port.  A random national player can just go in there and do whatever he wants with little regard to the effort that clan took to capture and maintain that port.  If some clans are ok with that, they don't need to restrict anyone.  If some clans aren't, they should be allowed to choose who enters their ports and uses them.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

There are far too many players in this game who fizzle out because of their stubborn refusal to join a clan and help organize towards a combined effort somewhere.  If they want to go live the solo lifestyle, go be a pirate. 

You have too low an opinion about players who for whatever reason don't want to join clans. We should respect their wish and not disadvantage them, as here, by excluding them from trading contracts if some clan bigshot thinks he has to punish the freelancers.

Not having access to the vast stocks of a clan is already disadvantage enough compared with clan members who may get everything for free.

AND:

At least in my nation freelancers do also join the national cause. It's true they cannot participate in the clan-hobby Portbattle, but then they volunteer for screening groups or they are engaged in raider-intercepting. All without being in a clan. Don't belittle them.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I'm of the opinion that despite some questionable decisions in the development of this game, it is still a MMORPG.  Emphasis on multiplayer. 

I can see your point of view, but let's talk specifics instead of philosophy.  My son and I joined this game so we could play a game together - yes, that's multiplayer.  We do not choose to participate in RVR, and when he isn't playing I just trade.  So are you saying that we (and our playstyle) should be punished?  Yes or no, just make it pretty clear without all the philosophical embellishment.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

I can see your point of view, but let's talk specifics instead of philosophy.  My son and I joined this game so we could play a game together - yes, that's multiplayer.  We do not choose to participate in RVR, and when he isn't playing I just trade.  So are you saying that we (and our playstyle) should be punished?  Yes or no, just make it pretty clear without all the philosophical embellishment.

Then KPR or other nation capitals have everything that can satisfy your needs.  If you want to access the benefits of RVR like white oak/live oak/teak and rare trading resources, I think you should at least contribute to the RVR process in some capacity?  Or you pay higher prices in capitals.  Does that sound outlandish?  I don’t think so.  

Another solution in this system would be you and your sons create a clan, if you haven’t already, and talk with port owners that you want access to and work out an accommodation.  Stock them with repairs or certain resources.  In short communicate with other players.  That’s what multiplayer games are all about.  

36 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

You have too low an opinion about players who for whatever reason don't want to join clans. We should respect their wish and not disadvantage them, as here, by excluding them from trading contracts if some clan bigshot thinks he has to punish the freelancers.

Not having access to the vast stocks of a clan is already disadvantage enough compared with clan members who may get everything for free.

AND:

At least in my nation freelancers do also join the national cause. It's true they cannot participate in the clan-hobby Portbattle, but then they volunteer for screening groups or they are engaged in raider-intercepting. All without being in a clan. Don't belittle them.

Almost every single solo or very small clan I’ve seen show up in this game have fizzled out after a couple months or repeatedly just come and go to see what’s new.  I’m sure there are exceptions, but not many.  Lets use the great @Iroquois Confederacy For example.  Where is he now?  When was the last time we heard from him?

Solo players have their place, but if you want clans to capture all these ports for you they should ask something in return.  You mentioned screening....sounds ok to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

Then KPR or other nation capitals have everything that can satisfy your needs.  If you want to access the benefits of RVR like white oak/live oak/teak and rare trading resources, I think you should at least contribute to the RVR process in some capacity?  Or you pay higher prices in capitals.  Does that sound outlandish?  I don’t think so.  

Another solution in this system would be you and your sons create a clan, if you haven’t already, and talk with port owners that you want access to and work out an accommodation.  Stock them with repairs or certain resources.  In short communicate with other players.  That’s what multiplayer games are all about.  

Almost every single solo or very small clan I’ve seen show up in this game have fizzled out after a couple months or repeatedly just come and go to see what’s new.  I’m sure there are exceptions, but not many.  Lets use the great @Iroquois Confederacy For example.  Where is he now?  When was the last time we heard from him?

Solo players have their place, but if you want clans to capture all these ports for you they should ask something in return.  You mentioned screening....sounds ok to me.

All you say is true.  I created a clan a while ago on Global and now on Caribbean and my son is in it.  And we don't mind paying higher prices.  I am in France so I don't have access to WO/LO/TK, etc without paying higher prices or getting into contract wars elsewhere, but I have no complaint.  I don't hear a lot of others complaining either but maybe they do and I just haven't heard.  I have no problem with cooperation or communication.  What I might have a problem with is being forced to RVR or be deemed a leach or a rogue.  I think other solos would agree.  But hey, maybe this game aint for me anyway, remains to be seen.

6 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Most single players have their own clan. RSC started from that just because I needed a clan warehouse.

If we remove the silly restriction on the number of clans that can be added that would alleviate Jean's concerns.

Hell I have my own clan within our clan, as we have a separate clan for crafting cause you know how fast you can fill up that maxed out warehouse?  Very fast...lol  

Just remember you can still put up a contract back in the capital for said goods and have folks fill them or any port around those clan own ports if your not on the friendly clan list.  Though I would say this list would be sperated from the 15 limited RvR clan list so you can set it and leave it alone.   Also the clan that owns the port can put up there own contracts that you can buy from and not restricted from.   The restriction is only to limit alts, none friendly clans and other nations from putting up contracts.  I hear folks complain about alts all the time and this is just a suggestion that would limit the use of them to get around nations.  Remember I have 5 myself but they are all in US nation right now.  Back when I played pirates on GLOBAL I had 4 in Pirteas and one in Dane to trade with our Dane alliance and fight beside them when they did port battles since pirates couldn't have allainces a few of us had Dane alts to help them out.  So I never been one to use alts to get around nations other than when we where hurting and almost one ported I did have that char in US for a time to craft.  The number one use of alts is to get rare goods you can't get normally so limiting these contracts will limit that.  

By the way no one promised you 100% of the game, you have to fight to get that content and if your not going to be involved that your not going to own those ports any way.    Look at just about ever nation there is one or two big clans that own the majority of the ports.  Why should they not get some benafict from owning those ports?  Paying for timers and such gets very very expensive too.  Paying for the ships they loose patrolling and defending those ports cost too, but if they are set up right they shouldn't have a problem.  They should get more control over there ports and who uses them.  This game is more a clan based game now than a nation one.   If you want to have every thing you got to play all the games content.  If you don't want to do RvR than you don't get the Benafict of RvR clans owning ports, you can use the safe zone ports.    Most clans prob would not limit the whole nation from rare resources any way, cause well that is how you get money is allowing folks to buy those said resources, but why should I allow some known alt to buy up all the goods?

Edited by Sir Texas Sir