Game-Labs Forum

Bring Ship I.D. back

Taking the ship info away has not made the game better or more real imo. In fact, its had the opposite effect. It has become a huge pain in the stern. Maybe you guys can see good through the telescope, but for me its horrible trying to hold it still long enough to figure out what ship im looking at. It doesnt make my game play more enjoyable, it just makes it frustrating. Many dont attack or rush to defend any more because they dont know what they face. Look at chat, you almost never see the type of ship included in any enemy alert. In my opinion, the info needs to be brought back.

I'm ambivalent.  Its very realistic to have trouble identifying a ship at distance (for the sake of realism, we wouldn't even know friend or foe!).  On the other hand, if it takes too much away from enjoying your game, it's a failure.  At the moment I don't know who to chase or who to run from, and im not good enough yet to chase them all.

Not sure it really adds to the immersiveness of the game all that much....considering each ship has unlimited repairs in battle and magical thickness or speed mods.  I agree with no ship names in the patrol zone though.  Now if had a system where nation flags were on the back of the ships and each ship had a name or players name on it and you could ONLY see it with the spyglass, that would be immersive.  These days it seems like we're just trying to throw any idea that will fix PVP to the wall and hope it sticks, rather than actually addressing the real problem in the game....the lack of people.  PVP will never be fixed until the population goes up and to do that we need more content or serious revisions to the current content.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Headless Parrot said:

Taking the ship info away has not made the game better or more real imo. In fact, its had the opposite effect. It has become a huge pain in the stern. Maybe you guys can see good through the telescope, but for me its horrible trying to hold it still long enough to figure out what ship im looking at. It doesnt make my game play more enjoyable, it just makes it frustrating. Many dont attack or rush to defend any more because they dont know what they face. Look at chat, you almost never see the type of ship included in any enemy alert. In my opinion, the info needs to be brought back.

its always a matter of acclimatization...... dont cry after a few hours/days - get used to it and u will see that u can handle this

3 hours ago, troody said:

its always a matter of acclimatization...... dont cry after a few hours/days - get used to it and u will see that u can handle this

Nope....stand by what I said

I'd say the ship information be displayed based on range...   by the time the ship is within 1km you should be able to tell ship and fleet composition, while at the limit of detection you should just see ship info as "Sail on the horizon"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SKurj said:

I'd say the ship information be displayed based on range...   by the time the ship is within 1km you should be able to tell ship and fleet composition, while at the limit of detection you should just see ship info as "Sail on the horizon"

+1 agree would be better.  Personally I just think small med large is stupid, these are ships, not french fries.  Your lookout knows what ship it is once it's in a decent range to ID.