Game-Labs Forum

"Go to bed" log off

6 hours ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Its negatives are to big.

Just for example I could log out after ganking some seals at MT thus avoiding the revenge fleet sent out to get me incurring a 8 hour cool down to log on. Then I could boot up my alt and carry on my evenings play doing trading etc and not giving a flying. Then the next day I could log on and sail my main away happily.

The ideas cute and idealistic but realistically its never going to work and it just gives people more reason to use alts.

The folks that might actually need this don't have time for alts.  I will cheerfully accept whatever cool down penalty is imposed so I can disengage to interact with the rest of my life.

Right now just have to close the game and dump whatever was on the screen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Still better than getting tagged over and over for hours imo

4 hours ago, Farrago said:

Would it be crazy to "charge" 3 PvP marks for an exit to port? I don't know -- my head's not right this AM. 

While I really disliked the "abuse" of folks towing to port right after a battle to get away from a revenge fleet. I cannot agree more with Jon Snow here - I'd rather have the option of Towing to port after a battle to come back into the game, then the current "Revenge fleet until 8 hours have passed and you're safe or surrender/die."

He's not wrong as well when he says that it is the biggest reason for why players stay away from pvp. Imagine having limited time to play everyday, do you A attempt some pvp that you know will go on forever and over your limited time of playing or B do a quick 30 minute mission in which you can logoff happily after finishing it?

The time investment for PvP in this game is borderline insanity and in my mind, the end battle tow-to-port feature we had in the past really should come back.

• Like 2

What about if you could log out provided you were not in the enemies reinforcement/capital zone?

I honestly like this idea even though it may be abused by alts simply because there have been so many occasions where I or others haven't gone out raiding because they might end up getting into a battle that lasts for hours and hours on end.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

IF a Battle Result Screen returns there must be a bigger penalty than the thread owner suggested. To prevent logoff only for make your goods safe, all goods aboard should be lost.

That would be a "Throw everything aboard!"-command to make ship as fast as possible. Maybe that could be a compromise?! Goods into water, Reps into water, Cannons, Guns and powder into water, Extra Planing into water, useless men, women and childs into water, ..

By this way, the trader and the hunter and everyone thinks twice before using such a "Safe My Ass"-Button

Reps certainly but losing all my guns and upgrades just to go to bed at a decent time? Naaaaaaaah.

I would also anticipate abuse with such a feature.  Logging off has been abused already before.  Honestly for a game such as this you just have to plan your time accordingly, and if you don't anticipate having the time then don't go out.  I have 3 young children that constantly drag me away from the game.  If I'm in a battle or on a long sail, I have to just live with it, I cannot expect the game to offer me a "log off for your kids" button.  But that constantly happens to me, just have to plan as best I can. 😦

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

I would also anticipate abuse with such a feature.  Logging off has been abused already before.  Honestly for a game such as this you just have to plan your time accordingly, and if you don't anticipate having the time then don't go out.  I have 3 young children that constantly drag me away from the game.  If I'm in a battle or on a long sail, I have to just live with it, I cannot expect the game to offer me a "log off for your kids" button.  But that constantly happens to me, just have to plan as best I can. 😦

Haha me too on that one.... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I miss the time when at the end of a battle you had choice between going back in the ow or tp to the nearest open port.. 

If no one was able to join the battle in time, no one should be able to catch you right after it

rubish...

we can talk about mechanism that make revenge more dificult yea... but definetly no teleport...

1. You should been able to leave the battle at this position you sailed inside the battle.

2. F11 Coordinates Needs do go away... (will anyway with release)

But sorry guys again, teleport isnt a oppertunity for a competetive open world pvp game... TP is nothing else then an avoid battle function...

• Like 1

The option to TP back to base but be unable to sail for 8 hrs is a great idea. If people have alts and you are worry about that then do the devs a favor and buy an alt and keep on playing to your hearts content. But when you dont want to play any more and with this game being so cut throat having an equalizer like this should be put in.

I think the whole discussion about alts is irrelevant, we have to stop thinking about how to make the game miserable for people trying to cheat and start to make the game enjoyable for players who plays in honorably. Focus on awarding good gameplay instead of bashing people over the head because they have an alt.

Since the devs allows alts there is nothing to do about this.. and do we really care if someone is forced to play with his “trading alt” for 8 hours? If you cannot find anything better to do away from the computer then I think that is enough of a punishment.! 😄

EDIT: I think a TP is a bad idea, just logout on the location of the battle.. And definately destory all content in your hold. 

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I think the whole discussion about alts is irrelevant, we have to stop thinking about how to make the game miserable for people trying to cheat and start to make the game enjoyable for players who plays in honorably. Focus on awarding good gameplay instead of bashing people over the head because they have an alt.

Since the devs allows alts there is nothing to do about this.. and do we really care if someone is forced to play with his “trading alt” for 8 hours? If you cannot find anything better to do away from the computer then I think that is enough of a punishment.! 😄

EDIT: I think a TP is a bad idea, just logout on the location of the battle.. And definately destory all content in your hold. 

But thats definetly not work...

Whats that for a punishment ?? I loose my repairs ? I think most of the time if you have the Problems with more then one battle you anyway run out of repairs... or at least close to run out of repair.... If you really think you can implement this function as you describe i can explain you whaat happens...

I sail to reinforced zone or other hotspot ... looking for a "easy" target... jump in and kill him... and after, if sb try to get renvenge by waiting outside for example i simply teleport home... thats definetly not work

Edited by the Kidd

28 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

Other example... the swedish fleet a puerto espana  could log of directly after they got their fight or run out of repair...

So you're saying that Nelson (or whoever took command after nelsons death) should have expected a second wave appearing out of nowhere after trafalgar...?

The whole reason we got a 3 minute join timer (in battles outside reinforcment zones and patrol zones) is to simulate that only the captains in range should be allowed to join. In 3 minutes, the distance you cover in OW is not comparable to Battle Instances.

We got this issue due to the existence of the two dimensions, battle instances and incredibly sped up OW. There is no perfect fix, indeed. But having to fight for several hours in a row (tac was talking about 4-6 hours) just because the fact that fast OW travel speeds allow infinite backup will probably have a negative effect on RvR motivation. On workdays the average player just doesnt have 5 hours after work to participate in a PB.

Edited by Liq
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

Whats that for a punishment ?? I loose my repairs ? I think most of the time if you have the Problems with more then one battle you anyway run out of repairs... or at least close to run out of repair.... If you really think you can implement this function as you describe i can explain you whaat happens...

I sail to reinforced zone or other hotspot ... looking for a "easy" target... jump in and kill him... and after, if sb try to get renvenge by waiting outside for example i simply teleport home... thats definetly not work

That’s some attitude you’ve got there..  no clue what I did to trigger you there...

I stated previously that it should be a logout at sea and not a tp.... I too mentioned the possibility of destroying all content on my ship including upgrades.....  answers like yours are an absolute pain when trying to discuss sensibly and reach a compromised that can be properly presented to the devs....

And why do you feel that you are entitled to a 10v1 revenge fleet because you fought a 1v1 and lost....? Get over it...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

Other example... the swedish fleet a puerto espana  could log of directly after they got their fight or run out of repair...

Yes I agree far better to spend 4-6 hours of constant battle after battle up until 2-3 am there were still ships waiting outside the 3rd big battle , so even if we had repairs it literally could of gone on all night.

Are you saying you would be happy to do that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the Kidd said:

rubish...

we can talk about mechanism that make revenge more dificult yea... but definetly no teleport...

1. You should been able to leave the battle at this position you sailed inside the battle.

2. F11 Coordinates Needs do go away... (will anyway with release)

But sorry guys again, teleport isnt a oppertunity for a competetive open world pvp game... TP is nothing else then an avoid battle function...

Man, revenge fleets are already nothing else but teleport so stop this talk now, i will tell you what is revenge fleets:

Revenge fleet is someone attacked in ow out of reach for any backup  (or they could join the battle to support him) , calling for help in the chat or ts, then his nation's teammates tp at the nearest outpost and sail next to the battles location waiting. This is TP.

If we agree about F11 playing a big part in this until release, taking part of revenge fleets must have been the most boring experience i had in game. It's litterally sitting there doing nothing  but waiting for the battle to end, and the player in battle not fighting because he will get a better chance if he manage to leave or survive the timer. So it's bad gameplay.

If devs go for physical pvp rewards, make those kind of marks unable to tp so a captain willing to tp to the nearest port at the end of a battle drop his pvp rewards. I think thats fair, so to keep them he need to sail them back by himself, but if he just really need to stop playing he will stop on a fun battle but no marks.

• Like 1

and what is triggered at this post ?? what is not sensibel ? this is my opinion share it or not... i only try to show you that all this function if it's log out or TP back home doenst work because it get "abused"...

44 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

• Like 1

And why do you feel that you are entitled to a 10v1 revenge fleet because you fought a 1v1 and lost....? Get over it...

your funny... i am on the other side... i am also going huntig and getting fucked up in 10v1 but that's life... i know that before... if i dont take a ship with me that is incredibly fast.... for sure i get killed if i think i have to kill traders near captitals but thats good... i try it anyway

6 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

and what is triggered at this post ?? what is not sensibel ? this is my opinion share it or not... i only try to show you that all this function if it's log out or TP back home doenst work because it get "abused"...

Then please explain what abuse is; if a player manages to escape from me in battle then he should be free to leave in OW

I consider the OW speed and distance to be abuse of game-mechanics if used to set up a revenge fleet.. that shouldn’t be possible..

Edited by Percival Merewether

22 minutes ago, Tac said:

Yes I agree far better to spend 4-6 hours of constant battle after battle up until 2-3 am there were still ships waiting outside the 3rd big battle , so even if we had repairs it literally could of gone on all night.

Are you saying you would be happy to do that?

if you think you have to sail with 25 people to an hotspot where 45 Frenchs are waiting for you it is for sure that you get 2 or more battles.... if you want to win both you Need at least 3 hours... if you dont have the time for it just surrender or sail alone away after battle, so some of the guys follow you and kill you finaly -> then youre home -> and your mates have to fight some guys less because they followed you

5 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Then please explain what abuse is; if a player manages to escape from me in battle then he should be free to leave in OW

I consider the OW speed and distance to be abuse of game-mechanics if used to set up a revenge fleet.. that shouldn’t be possible..

I am probably the faster ship... i tag /or get defensive taged.. so prob i am not able to hold him in battle.. how should it been possible for him to get away if i am faster.

Other example, long battles are during on... other guys are waiting outside because they cant join because it's limited to 25 Players or 3 minutes. why they should not getting the possibility to get a fight after you coming out the battle and are exactly at this position where you are waiting for him...

my solution to weak this or getting better chances to get away are: get away the F11 Coords and make the position youve got inside to the position where you leave the battle

Edited by the Kidd