Game-Labs Forum

Alt abuse gaining control of port

7 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

Yes it s a matter of this RVR mechanic.... Towns are attached to Clan...not to nation. St Louis is may be a target for some "french"....or may be not. But as we said to Northviking...If "others" french have an outpost near "french" Town who is Under attack and if we have some players and if it s in Windows Timer of "real french" we probably defend all towns.

We haven t all the same target. KoC want kill Christendom...Christendom want kill KoC...Louis XVI want sink all ...all want sink Louis XVI... For me, actual mechanic are not efficiency. Really we are in Naval "schlaffen" ...not in Naval "Action" 😛

We will defend St Louis if we can and all others town we can defend...just for one reason...WE LUV PVP MARK ^^

You've been wanting kick the crap out of the Dutch, now is your chance!

1 minute ago, Liq said:

The thing is, they already were protector / owner of the port and then would have gotten the marks on their alt brit accounts anyway.

Farming IMO is creating marks from scratch, where you wouldnt have gotten them in any way (e.g. cap francais, when you had to sink ships for marks)

not at all  they took the port under their main accounts ... these were then switched to dutch nation ..so would have lost lord protector status .. as their alts remained in GB nation but didnt have lord protector status they wouldnt have got any marks ... so they were farming as they created marks from scratch by abusing game mechanics and getting their alts to lock out rest of GB nation

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

We did it because you forced us to change the nationality of the port so we can defend it.

Its a situation created by you (who said its ok if the port stays british and then US arrived the next day)

I didn't force it. I did it because I said that I knew that you'd flip it Dutch, and you did. Sooooo I was entirely justified in making the deal with the Americans.

Some shady shit going on.  Surprised rediii is allowing it to go on within his clan.  Maybe not too surprised if he’s helping the dodger in chief KoC take North Inlet today.  You are the company you keep right?

Anyway, alts just seem to ruin every aspect of this game.  Wish they’d do something about them.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

I didnt like LV and sorry he delibratley abused the game mechanics for his own benefit ,,, and the punshment he got was deserved .. Havoc have done the same through a different method .. any less of a punishement will show the devs are not even handed

Eh I don't see how this is comparable at all.

Its really gamey and shit (no offense redii) but its not exactly rule breaking exploits.

Just now, Capt Jubal Early said:

Eh I don't see how this is comparable at all.

Its really gamey and shit (no offense redii) but its not exactly rule breaking exploits.

there is no rule ... there was no rule about what LV did ... thats why theyy are exploits ... why would you punsish one exploit and not another .... its not like they took all british clans off their friends list by mistake ......just befor dutch attacked what a coincidence

48 minutes ago, rediii said:

Then be happy now that you can attack the dutch port and take it back and dont have to do it with a deal via another nation.

You cant defend a port with 3 people and you know it ;)

You can't defend a port with ZERO people either so how is what your new lap dogs did any different?

23 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

really i think you can .... by taking Bluefields ... dutch players gained lord protector status ... Dutch players using their GB alts  locked other GB clans out of the port battle ...

leaving Havoc with a no risk enviroment to gain lord protector status

if thats not farming i dont know what is

This being true, brings shame to that clan. We all thought they would be better than this.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rediii said:

We did it because you forced us to change the nationality of the port so we can defend it.

Its a situation created by you (who said its ok if the port stays british and then US arrived the next day)

How did we force YOU to do anything? It wasn't YOUR port. It was not a DUTCH port therefor as a DUTCH player it is not YOUR responsibility to defend it.

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

there is no rule ... there was no rule about what LV did ... thats why theyy are exploits ... why would you punsish one exploit and not another .... its not like they took all british clans off their friends list by mistake ......just befor dutch attacked what a coincidence

Meh i'll leave you lot argue it out.

My advice. Attack Redii and hash it out with cannons ;) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

Dont say that too often or people remember again how russia got the hidden islands from the pirates ... by changing port to their new clan in russia

Was before my time there.  If that was indeed how they got those ports then they should have been returned to the owners of that nation.  Same story when Raxius took Little River off the US.  North eventually made Raxius give LR back to the Americans.  Will you do the same?

It's curious you're ok with using the same tactics as them though.  After all your preaching about Russia's dirty tactics just a couple months ago, you seem to be no better than them.

Sad.  

Edited by Christendom

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Attack it then and see its not zero people

All the british players coming out of their safezone to comment this without being involved

It was ZERO people when you guys took it in the first place becasue your new lackys abused a mechanic to prevent any players joining the battle to defend the port. We have even included a screenshot of it being admitted to.

This is just the tip of an iceberg of the exploitability of this current port-owner mechanics. Would a clan like DNP, VLTRA, WO or HRE switch from one day to another to another nation and do the very same thing HAVOC did here, they have the possibilty to destroy a whole nation within a week.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

It was a port of rival and not a GB port. You wanted to give the port to the US (without the agreement of the owning clan) 

deal with it

At the end of the day the Tribunal is not about the circumstances of the port of the history behind it. It is about the blatant breach of the rules and the admission of those breaches by those accused. I hope @admin and @Ink remember this fact when making their decision.

Edited by NethrosDefectus

Just now, rediii said:

A basic question has to be answered:

Who owns a port? The nation or the clan?

whos flag does it have ?

Rival were not the only clan to raise hostility for that port or the only players in the port battle when GB took it  ... other GB playesr lost lord protector status and victory marks because Rival decided to go to dutch nation and havoc  ... the honourable thing to to would  have been to set it as nuetral and give those players a chance to fight .... you chose otherwise and decided to abuse a game mechanic .. and gain lord protector status for havoc players without risk

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

In my understanding its not a dirty tactic to take the port you actually have control over to your nation.

Its a question if ports are nationowned or clanowned

I would just change that to the question is 

nationowned clanowned or alt clanowned.

1 minute ago, Liam790 said:

This all seems like a lot of bitching from a group of people who thought they had a plan, and it backfired.

No one complaining about this port had any hand in it’s taking and had no right to it.

If the devs want to input rules, be my guest. But retrospective punishment for something that is not currently against the rules? Don’t be so childish. 

Admission of being someone's alt is within itself an offence, use of an alt to to deny RvR in this manner itself is an offence 

Just now, rediii said:

Who can make the port neutral though?

You wanted to give a port of another clan away to another nation. 

You see it as a breach, I see a lack of mechanics in transfering port ownership.

the clan in question were alts of dutch players .. your talking as though we betrayed them when the reverse is fact ...

You see it as a breach, I see a lack of mechanics in transfering port ownership.

You are being very selective of which parts of the tribunal post you choose to defend, I suspect in an attempt to confuse the issue and draw the devs attention away from the rules that have been clearly broken

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

nothing wrong with transfer of port ownership between nations ,,it happens every week in NA......but the nations involved have a choice tro do this  ..... your clans GB alts took GBs choice away by abusing mechanics

ports of spanish clans that were not ok with the trade? Then its their problem to not do something against it

Which rules are broken? A clan, alts or not, removed ofher clans from friendlist so they cant defend. Get a confirmation of this being a rulebreak and we can go to prefriendlist state and have alts in pbs again

Admission of being an somebody's alt is an offence as already stated by the devs. Using an alt to deny RvR is an offence. Where is the confusion here?