Game-Labs Forum

More places like Kidd's Island...

On 5/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, koltes said:

The dens needs to be deep water if you hunt in deep water areas. 

Yeah, of course depending on the region. There could also be deepwater smuggler ports / hideouts that are in shallows on the map.

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2018 at 4:26 AM, Batman said:

I've always said remove Pirates from RVR, give them some hidden ports across the map that nobody else can see or access, remove the ability to sail Ships of the Line, add some unique game play and done. High risk, but also high rewards. Pirates should be unique both in gameplay and appearance, not just a nation with a romanticized flag.

See below...

On 4/25/2018 at 5:58 AM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

There are still people with hundreds of hours in the game that don't know the location of the secret island. Hell the only reason I picked up on it was because it was discussed on Nation chat when I first started the game. I've never seen it come up since.

I had been pirate for a good while before I found it, with my baby spanish alt that was bottle hunting (back when they would spawn all over the map) in the middle of a storm was how I first found them as I had no reason to send my pirate out there back in those days.

On 4/25/2018 at 7:56 AM, Christendom said:

Remove pirates as a starter nation and implement them as a hardcore one that works out of "secret" coves and stuff.  

As both Christ and Batman said remove them from RvR, make them only able to become a pirate through in game attacking a friendly.  If you don't want to be a pirate again use your forge papers and reroll or just delete your char and start over.   Turn Mort into a big Neutral port that all nations can use (like how Pitt's use to be for all Nationals).   Give pirates a bunch of pirate havens all over the map to claim as homes to fight out of.   They can craft ships up to 4th rate, but any SOL's have to be bought or stolen.  Give them a few ships like the Pirate Frigate that they can only use, others can use them but you will be treated as a pirate and can be attacked by all nations including your own while in it.

• Like 3