Game-Labs Forum

Final Mission Tutorial WHAT A JOKE

DeathBaron

What kind of bot ships are these, two cerebus with elite stone french refit ???? 

184 masts will ball, not chain !!!

More than a hour shotting in masts,   0% effect

Tutorial __________yes

Tutorial with fair play __________yes

Anormal ship with invencible mast's ___________no

tutorial.jpg

mast.jpg

Maybe you get some inspiration :)

Rule of thumb: In order to demast an equal sized ship bottom section do it less than 200m away better is within 100m.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 5

You cant snipe those masts from 1000 metres away, get close, on raking distance, and shoot on masts, they should fall with roundabout 6 shots bottomsection each. 

Take your time, dodge their broadsides and make sure you are close while sniping, if done right you should make the whole finale exam in half an hour.

Best way to do this is straight up board the first ship. Then swap to AI vessel and kill the remaining cerb. Also im fairly certain the brigs in the demasting tutorial were equipped with medium cannons judging by the dispersion and reload time, i think the same applies to the final exam (mediums + carro's in the rear).

EDIT: Forgot to press play on vid from previous comment by @z4ysThats the easiest/most efficient way.

Edited by Milkman van Swallows

I did it by chaining cerb #1 down to around 70% sails so I could deal with the other one 1v1 after getting some distance, then came back and boarded the first ship. 

Edited by Serk

6 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Not carros in the rear because they can load charge ammo on it.

The NPC cerbs got carros in the rear. I capped the first one, it had loaded double ball. Took a closed look and it for sure was carros. F11ed it.

@OP the masts wont fall when you don't penetrate them. Therefore you have to get closer - as stated above - roubdabout 100-200m. The mast middle sections have only 75% thinkness, so 250-300m should work aswell. 

Agreed to Banished to only show hits when penetrating.

Thanks @z4ys for the vids :)

Cerbs mast is like 76 thickness (might need to double check this) which means any 6 lbs won't pen bast 200-250m. I have no problem demasting the second one after rage boarding the first.  The second one I use my chain as I heal/crew up from the board and than demast it to use grape on it's stern and have an easy board at the end.

Just a tip:

- there is a tutorial for gunnery that shows how to switch the convergence point to 100m or 250m

- use that range ( 100m ) as a visual guide for demasting. If the target is inside it, excellent. If not, probability is that shots will hit but carry no energy to penetrate and severely damage the mast.

• Like 1

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned, if you take a close look at the cerb's masts not all of it is the light thin pine section. Infact most of the masts have what looks to be an extra layer dark wood or metal where each section meets. Unless you're packing longs a size or too bigger you're probably not penning these and it's eating most of your balls.

Strangely, i had less problems finishing the final exam than the endurance one.

Don't know about masts but the ai cerbs surely is boosted regarding to boarding, i've done some counter attacks on his grenades and each time i lost more men than him, same when defending on his attack. 

Key for me was to run and repair each time i needed to, and when sunk the 1st one i looted his kits , rince repeat. 

About masts strength, as we are in medium 9lb i think, this require being at 100-150m max to pen so not worth exposing yourself in this case imo.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

Just now, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

i've done some counter attacks on his grenades and each time i lost more men than him

Barricades.

Just now, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Strangely, i had less problems finishing the final exam than the endurance one.

Sort of the same. The Endurance one has the surprise factor of the second ship showing up after - "here we go again....!" factor :) .