Game-Labs Forum

Please remove the 3 cancellations of combat mission

10 hours ago, Archaos said:

The rewards may be increased, but the drop rate of the needed upgrades is still abysmally low. Majority of the time you get loot that is worthless and can be bought easily from the NPC.

I started a completely fresh character ( hardwipe ). Did the tutorials and passed the exam, same as it would be a fresh arrival.  Had nothing but a rattlesnake, a hercules and a ton of repairs and the cash.

Went for a safe bet, inside the zone. nothing to show killing the AI. Decide to try outside the zone.

The difference of rewards is massive. From contents in hold to cash and combat marks. One evening of gameplay, some 5 or 6 attacks to OW AI ( a fleet of 4 schooners, a belle poule with snow, an assortment of LGV traders and navybrig fleets with pickles). What came out of it in essence:

- enough cash to equip btoh reward ships with modules captured and bought from market, and cannons.

- 5 outposts permits bought

- combat marks enough to buy essential knowledge books ( such as barricades, hammocks, etc )

- a elite module blueprint, several modules such as light hammocks, hull refit, etc

- captured two AI ships for later use

I did use the Hercules twice, once in a PvP battle and then to capture a AI Navy Brig which I used to do all the OW AI attacks.

We can discuss this to the end of the world but OW AI outside the zones reward the player immensely more than inside. 

P.S.- not attacking inferior AI fleets. attacking 1.2 BR difference or more, usually with 2 ships. The bang for the buck is way better for the same amount of time invested. ( holy cow, i'm discussing PvE... 😮 )

• Like 3

When a majority of active players spend 90% of their time in 10% of the map you have a problem. Solving this problem is multifaceted but centers around getting those players to move around to map for one reason or another.

1. PVE should be much less profitable in the safe zones for max rank players
  2. PVE content need to be more enjoyable and varied in scope. I know the devs have plans for reworks.
  3. PVP should be more profitable than standard PVE grinding. Epic events are something that should be expanded upon.
  4. Clan owned ports should give better missions/rewards that in turn benefit the port. (Kill these pirates plaguing the waters for a bonus to taxes etc.)
  5. Clan owned ports should be the only place level 3 dockyards can exist. This will also make RVR more appealing since you can actually hit the enemy's production.
  6. Get newer players or solo players more involved in clans. Devs are working on clan leaderboards and tutorial related stuff that will hopefully help out.
  7. Cut out 1/3 of the ports on the map and make ports more valuable to own. A scarcity of ports means that players are more likely to fight over them. The Copper idea was great lets get some more valuable ports out there. More RVR and Trading = less players in safe zone.

Some players seem to think that "PVPers" only want them to leave the safe zone so they can kill them. While this is partially true, seeing the numbers of players that sit inside the safe zones experiencing very little of what the game has to offer is maddening. We want more players in the open world trading, crafting, port battling, killing AI etc. More content for everyone is a good thing.

6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

I started a completely fresh character ( hardwipe ). Did the tutorials and passed the exam, same as it would be a fresh arrival.  Had nothing but a rattlesnake, a hercules and a ton of repairs and the cash.

Went for a safe bet, inside the zone. nothing to show killing the AI. Decide to try outside the zone.

The difference of rewards is massive. 

This is an important point. Alot of us have become jaded on the rewards because we have played so many hours that we just don't need one more Coles Pump and we probably don't sail with Pellews Sights. But if you're new, having such knowledge or mods can really help your small ship. I still sail most ships with basic mods installed. And being able to sell a capped LGV for 100k means something to you when you are just starting to build the bank roll.

SUGGESTION:

Give ship XP, Gold, and Combat Marks for capping ships OUTSIDE the reinforcement zones.

1. It would provide a natural incentive for players to venture out once they feel ready

2. This is important for low ranking players allowing them to earn income while still gaining useful experience and combat marks. Farming abuse is not nearly as big a problem as new player integration and retention.

On 4/22/2018 at 4:28 AM, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Some players seem to think that "PVPers" only want them to leave the safe zone so they can kill them. While this is partially true, seeing the numbers of players that sit inside the safe zones experiencing very little of what the game has to offer is maddening.

LOL, and I'm guessing that as soon as you see one sailing in open waters you gank them mercilessly so they don't leave port again for a while.   ;D

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

actually, I like the three cancellations jobbie.. it's really helped my playstyle.  Now..  I get on in the evening..  grab 3 combat missions..  cancel out till I have between 0-3 in the area I am in..  do them..  use some crafting hours and log off..  now I get my online addiction over in an hour or so, maybe two and don't just mindlessly keep playing and looking for other stuff :)

My hours in the game have gone way down, but I am still having fun (my way) and getting some return on the game I spent money on.

53 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Please remove pve missions. Combat is tested no need for missions anymore. Focus has to be pvp.

I must disagree.

I can imagine that players new to the game desire a peaceful place where they can learn the mechanics without being disturbed by other players. A lacking of peace  and freedom to learn this game her steep learning curve will scare off new players.

Removing PVE will cause unfair unbalanced battles, where you find yourself in a situation where your opponent is 4 ranks higher than you are, this may sound strange and unlikely but it will actually get to this point, for many players will keep their current ranks on launch.

Edited by Lord Earl Grey

The problem is that the counter for PVE grinding missions is linked to hostility missions too.

I see two simple solutions (in terms of development time):

- Self cancel of hostility missions when the port is flipped

- Or cancellation of all PVE and hostility missions at the server reboot. 

Maybe both...

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Please remove pve missions. Combat is tested no need for missions anymore. Focus has to be pvp.

In the current mode you can't.  Because every change is copied over to the PVE server.  So essentially that server loses much of its functionality, which is already limited.

31 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

In the current mode you can't.  Because every change is copied over to the PVE server.  So essentially that server loses much of its functionality, which is already limited.

there is no risk to hunt ow ships on pve server so why is that an issue? missions restrict pve players of the ow feeling

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

there is no risk to hunt ow ships on pve server so why is that an issue? missions restrict pve players of the ow feeling

There is no risk, you are right.  I don't run missions either on that server, only OW battle.  But some do, so that will eliminate much of their gameplay, or force them to OW.  Ideally rules shouldn't shadow copy to that server anyway, it's just lazy design.