Game-Labs Forum

Please remove the 3 cancellations of combat mission

I was looking for combat missions in Havana and one I got in San Lazaro, another in Key West etc. Obviously I'm not interested in going from Havana to these ports to do a combat mission. What is the point of putting that restriction? Unless we can choose the port where to do the combat mission as it is chosen in the hostility missions. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Because it is a pvp server

This is a MMO game, not only PVP.

12 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

and you should not be able to hide in greenzone all day

Look, I do PVP every night. But it turns out that to unlock the ships you have to do combat missions. You also unlocked it, right? Or are you going to tell me that you went out to do PVP with the blocked slots ?. It's not about hiding, AND LESS THAN YOU. Is it clear to you?

13 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

If you want no risk pve there is a server for that.

You're nobody to send others to other servers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

PVP and open sea fleets. Combat orders are a waste of time. Shitty loot 

You´re right. But it's not because of the loot, but simply to unlock to have ships ready for PVP combat. And if not, let's go back to crafting boats as before, with the slots unlocked. Greetings.

Just now, Sento de Benimaclet said:

You´re right. But it's not because of the loot, but simply to unlock to have ships ready for PVP combat. And if not, let's go back to crafting boats as before, with the slots unlocked. Greetings.

you dont need slots to pvp in all fairness. I level ships in pvp. I only did ai for books in the past. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Batman said:

Why do you throw PvP into this? The OP didn't mention PvP in a single word.

because its obvious that he doesent want to leave the reinforcement zone to get to his missions, thus risking his ship

3 minutes ago, Wyy said:

because its obvious that he doesent want to leave the reinforcement zone to get to his missions, thus risking his ship

No. Forget about the area of reinforcements. Is not that. If I do mission in Havana (or any other port) the logical thing is to leave the mission there. It is not logical that being in Havana leave the mission in San Lazaro, Cochinos etc etc. I'm going to go around the island of Cuba to make a combat mission in Cochinos? Greetings.

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Because it is a pvp server and you should not be able to hide in greenzone all day. If you want no risk pve there is a server for that. Attack open sea ai fleets in some secret port

No it is not a pvp server.  It is a pve server.  Most people playing the game and most people on this server do pve, therefore it is a pve server.

However, it is pvp-enabled, for the few that want to engage in it.  That's not the same thing.  It's not a popular fact, but many facts are inconvenient to those who close their eyes.

Edited by Jean Ribault

3 minutes ago, Jim Broadreach said:

Go to Vera Cruz, to do Missions or to another port, where you can sail out and can do Missions without sail around a island.

Thank you. I appreciate the advice :) For me if you have to remove the comfort zones that remove them, I will not be against, in fact before they did not exist. The topic is why do the missions have to go out in such disparate places? simply that. At least let us choose where to do them, with or without a reinforcement zone. Greetings.

57 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

No it is not a pvp server.  It is a pve server.  Most people playing the game and most people on this server do pve, therefore it is a pve server.

However, it is pvp-enabled, for the few that want to engage in it.  That's not the same thing.  It's not a popular fact, but many facts are inconvenient to those who close their eyes.

no, its a pvp server full of players that chose the wrong server!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

For me if you have to remove the comfort zones that remove them, I will not be against, in fact before they did not exist. 

When safe zones did not exist also the PVP mark system did not exist. And this makes A LOT of difference: I remember well that PVP players  - back in those days - were not looking just for easy and fast kills, rather for engaging battles. So they did not camp capital cities seraching just for traders and carebears. Now ganking outside capitals and in no-brain PVP patrol mission mega brawl is basically what they are compelled to do by the PVP mark system.

Edited by victor

I can see both sides in this argument.  I do agree with the OP that sailing 20-30 mins for a mission is frustrating when there is a land mass meaning that in terms of proximity it can be a long sail when you are looking for instant action.  But the counter argument is true, you can get around this by moving to a port away from the capital and levelling ships out of the way.  If you organise this properly you will also have clan members or other national players who are close by for reinforcement.  The missions and OW fleets all close in 3 mins so it is a small window of vulnerability.  To be honest the chance that a player might come along adds to the fun but I have great sympathy for newer players.  Anybody ranked Rear Admiral shouldn't really have too many complaints as you have had plenty of time to understand the mechanics whilst having had the benefit of cancelling missions up to now.

3 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

I was looking for combat missions in Havana and one I got in San Lazaro, another in Key West etc. Obviously I'm not interested in going from Havana to these ports to do a combat mission. What is the point of putting that restriction? Unless we can choose the port where to do the combat mission as it is chosen in the hostility missions. 

You don't want to sail in a sailing game? Shame

2 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Look, I do PVP every night. But it turns out that to unlock the ships you have to do combat missions. You also unlocked it, right? Or are you going to tell me that you went out to do PVP with the blocked slots ?. It's not about hiding, AND LESS THAN YOU. Is it clear to you?

I have several ships which have 5 slots from pure pvp. Does ship knowledge help? yes. Is it the only thing between you and victory? no.

• Like 1

Just split hostility and combat missions apart.

Make missions from cap zones always spawn in the cap zone. Half or quater the reward for these missions. That'll protect the new player abit.

Make missions from non safe zone ports have better rewards. Make them drop the same loot as ow Ai. That will draw people out of cap zones. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Rewards from OW AI is already dramatically increased outside the zone. IMO attacks on OW AI should be the "missions". Hostility should be the proper Missions.

The rewards may be increased, but the drop rate of the needed upgrades is still abysmally low. Majority of the time you get loot that is worthless and can be bought easily from the NPC.

• Like 1