Game-Labs Forum

Stacking of hostility missions

Aster

Recently we had the British mostly ARMED clan stack hostility missions on top of one another. This makes the mission impossible to join for defenders outside. I am fairly sure they knew full well what they were doing as the US tested this not to long ago. The players we pulled when they jumped out of their mission.610DE8556A0082D2F8585B798ED28611CD47F5AD1CF3BA4321F1FD6C767E290BB0C886016BD88D4C

How it appears from the outside, you are completely unable to join the battle making it impossible to stop hostility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aster said:

I am fairly sure they knew full well what they were doing as the US tested this not to long ago. 

Mate, I can promise you, That was not planned... One of the battle groups was under the impression that the other would stay outside and try to screen the french... Miscommunication and on top of that, coincidence. However I do agree that this mechanic needs a little tweaking. Hostility missions shouldn't be able to stack at all, and intentionally stacking them is no doubt a dishonorable exploit.  That wasn't the case tonight though, I can promise you that.

8 hours ago, Aster said:

I am fairly sure they knew full well what they were doing as the US tested this not to long ago.

@Aster Actually this is when we(USA) learned it was a valid tactic.... we were testing 20+ single cptn missions. It was not intentional the sheer number of players was the reason why we saw it happen. 

Edited by koiz

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

Whatever is the reason for to it happen it should be fixed. Maybe there should be more than a few spots for hostility missions. Or when hostility missions are taken make the spot displaced of a km.

Luckily we were able to catch their fleet when it came out.

Agreed.

We need a fix for other nations joining hostility battles in defense too. Right now if they join they are fake targets, you get ZERO hostility for sinking them.

2 hours ago, koiz said:

@Aster Actually this is when we(USA) learned it was a valid tactic.... we were testing 20+ single cptn missions. It was not intentional the sheer number of players was the reason why we saw it happen. 

yah it's bound to happen when you have 30+ guys doing a mission in one spot as per that one day we tested dorpping multi missions isntead of every one pilling in a couple.

Whatever is the reason for to it happen it should be fixed. Maybe there should be more than a few spots for hostility missions. Or when hostility missions are taken make the spot displaced of a km.

Luckily we were able to catch their fleet when it came out.

Weren't ya'll bitching a while back about lack of RvR?  For a bunch of guys that complain about lack of RvR/PvP you go out of your way to prevent any attempt of PB's.  Why not let it flip and have a PB?  

I mean if you can crush them that easy in the OW you shouldn't have any issues in the PB right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, koiz said:

Agreed.

We need a fix for other nations joining hostility battles in defense too. Right now if they join they are fake targets, you get ZERO hostility for sinking them.

Yep but you loose hostility if you get sunk.  We found this out the other week when we where flipping a Brit port and Dutch alts jumped in and ASP was flipping another Brit ports and the French jumped in.  We get no credit for sinking the none british ships, but if they sink any of us we loose points.  I think any one that jumps into a nations side hotility mission counts for agro for that nation or lost of it.  This would also mean that if say a Russian joins our Agro mission his points go towards US only not Russia since we started the mission.

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

yah it's bound to happen when you have 30+ guys doing a mission in one spot as per that one day we tested dorpping multi missions isntead of every one pilling in a couple.

Weren't ya'll bitching a while back about lack of RvR?  For a bunch of guys that complain about lack of RvR/PvP you go out of your way to prevent any attempt of PB's.  Why not let it flip and have a PB?  

I mean if you can crush them that easy in the OW you shouldn't have any issues in the PB right?

So you are saying we should not report exploits because we have the ability to fight the PB and potentially win... 

Sound Logic. 

Next time you witness an exploit and still win please do not make a forum post.

Just now, RedNeckMilkMan said:

So you are saying we should not report exploits because we have the ability to fight the PB and potentially win... 

Sound Logic. 

This is not against the rules and if you think it's an exploit or bad game mechanics you need to F11 and it put it in the proper place.  Unless you have proof they where trying to stack missions to keep you from joining them...which by the way you can join the first one on top and than leave until you get the one you want.  You can also just join the first and kill them in that one.  

But I'm only repeating the very thing ya'll posted about lack of RvR, well maybe let folks flip a port if you don't have any other battles and do RvR instead of saying your not getting any.  This is why no one wants to fight ya'l, you first put them in retardely late timers for most players so they don't even want to try, if they do try you smash the crap out of them on OW and than complain about lack of RvR.   Well maybe let them flip the ports and get some RvR instead of complaining all the time..?

As for when you pull missions you don't see where other folks missions are unless you screen shot it. Most the time it won't let you stack more than three in a location any way.  I know we have for a very long time and that includes on GLOBAL will try to get them close to each other not to expliot anything, but so you can jump out of one and into another.  Some ports send the mission onto the other side of the islands and such and sucks going back and forth to get them so we will drop and pick up newer ones until they get all close to one area.

13 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Sound Logic. 

I don't make bug reports in tribunal subs. Private messages and F11 exist for a reason.

I fail to see how this was intentionally planned, especially now that missions cannot be cancelled and retaken.  Seems unlikely.  

Looks like dear Aster is not only suggesting that the entire ARMED clan exploited despite the fact that they can no longer cancel missions.....but he also threw in another accusation against the US.  How many false accusations can a guy make without ramifications @admin?

I mean it's not like ARMED towed into port and then tagged a swede alt to change ships in battle or anything right...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

I fail to see how this was intentionally planned, especially now that missions cannot be cancelled and retaken.  Seems unlikely.  

Looks like dear Aster is not only suggesting that the entire ARMED clan exploited despite the fact that they can no longer cancel missions.....but he also threw in another accusation against the US.  How many false accusations can a guy make without ramifications @admin?

I mean it's not like ARMED towed into port and then tagged a swede alt to change ships in battle or anything right...

Hmm they had 20 players there and somehow only had the two missions on top of one another. Of all the RvR that WO has done we have never pulled two missions on top of one another. Accidental or otherwise.

1 hour ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Duping is a bug... There is overlap between bugs and exploits.

You can't possibly believe that since you can't prove it.

Duping was an exploit because you could recreate the the outcome using a certain mechanism EVERY TIME.

With this its placement is random but there are only so many mission cords to pick from. On top of that your now limited to a number of cancels to stop the actual exploit 'canceling missions endlessly'.

How many false accusations can a guy make without ramifications @Ink ?

Hmm they had 20 players there and somehow only had the two missions on top of one another. Of all the RvR that WO has done we have never pulled two missions on top of one another. Accidental or otherwise.

You don't have 20+ players during these times? Anecdotal evidence isnt vaild.

Edited by koiz

22 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

First of all I don't know why you get involved in that discussion, I don't think you were in the multiple attempts yesterdays.
Second, I'm not complaining about the lack of PVP we had some good pvp yesterday.... But we could have had more :D 

Countering the hostility is a valid strategy, especially when we have multiple nations attacking us in the same evening. If we can avoid having a PB we will.

If you don't understand that... There is not much I can do for you. Please try to have an intelligent conversation with valid arguments.

Avoiding a PB by attacking the people raising hostility is a perfectly valid strategy yes. Avoiding a PB by using ridiculous timers and only attempting to take ports at times when you know the defenders are sleeping is not so.

27 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

We have NA timers. And if we see a port that interest us without a timer we will take it. Timers are here to help defend your ports. We use timers to defend the ports we care about. And it works.

The main point here is to try to see if the devs can take care of that issue which is: multiple hostility missions are stacking on top of each other which makes it impossible for the defense to join all of the hostility missions.

Its not impossible, you can join and leave and that mission will disappear.

Edited by koiz

2 hours ago, koiz said:

You don't have 20+ players during these times? Anecdotal evidence isnt vaild.

They had a potential of 60 missions yet they chose to take 2 right on top of one another. Tribunal is literally all anecdotal... anecdotal evidence is only invalid when creating a generalization or statistic. 

They had a potential of 60 missions yet they chose to take 2 right on top of one another. Tribunal is literally all anecdotal... anecdotal evidence is only invalid when creating a generalization or statistic. 

Proof of these potential 60 missions? This makes no sense... 

One of us tried and it didn't work even with the first mission disappearing he couldn't get in the 2nd.

I'm not saying your lying but it worked for us when two missions stacked and we had to get into the other one to save some guys from getting ganked.

On 4/21/2018 at 10:07 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yep but you loose hostility if you get sunk.  We found this out the other week when we where flipping a Brit port and Dutch alts jumped in and ASP was flipping another Brit ports and the French jumped in.  We get no credit for sinking the none british ships, but if they sink any of us we loose points.  I think any one that jumps into a nations side hotility mission counts for agro for that nation or lost of it.  This would also mean that if say a Russian joins our Agro mission his points go towards US only not Russia since we started the mission.

This can be exploited from both sides....    If lets say hostility is being raised at a GB port  by Russians, and a dutch hops in as GB to sacrifice himself to allow the russians to gain hostility...

I`d go so far as to say the only way to counter exploits here is to not allow other nations in at all

And further to that even the simple point that they would be taking one of the limited number of player slots.

Edited by SKurj
  • Like 2