Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Next big patches: Real currency and Open world user interface update

Recommended Posts

@admin

I recently returned to the game this past weekend.

i like the tutorial and think it will help a lot.

encouraging players to join clans early on is also very good.

Real currency system. I can see advantages in this as well as like the idea of national mints and treasure fleets. I think the only issue I see looming is that players in NA tend to play more like tribal clans than they do as nations. Similarly player run treasure fleets would be no added content. These would the engineered by players to always occur off hours or in uncatchable ships in various ways as to be useless as content.

what I would suggest is that have the mints run by clans that own and secure the gold or silver ports. When the mint produces X amount of currency the clan puts in a request for an NPC treasure fleet to be created to take the currency from point A to point B. The treasure fleet is scheduled by the computer in a window similar port battles set by the clan. The clan then has the play content to guard their NPC fleet as it makes its route. NPC fleets always take direct routes from point A to B. Something like that so that treasure fleets actually become playable content to the clans making the currency and their time zone enemies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, admin said:

The physical (immersive and realistic) coins will definitely make it more immersive and interesting in the short term. 

  • It will actually affect the average trader a lot less - he still sails both legs of the trip, risking his ship, thus it does not affect his time. 
  • It will affect the PVP raider most - he will have to conserve the spoils and get them to safety. Currently he just sinks targets and marks/gold is sent to his magic wallet. If the feature is implemented - marks/coins will be sent to his hold and he will have to get them back to save them (or lose them to defence fleets or other raiders). 
  • It will make patrols more popular also. 

Increasing risk for pvp players (who cherish it) is actually a good thing to my belief.
Maybe the community will help see the hidden red flags that will ruin this feature long term

I think a hybrid system would be best.  If you get the money back to the safety of your nations owned ports it goes into a bank that you can use to pay for your port maintance and such. If your not part of a clan than it goes into your own personnel bank.  Each player should have one of those and each clan should have it's own bank.  Money needs to be withdrawn and moved to other ports owned by other nations if you plan to trade with them.  

I like the concept of any raid/kills money is on your ship bank until you return to a friendly or clan owned port.  Even go as far as it has to be either the capital or clan owned port (warehouse port) to do so.  All players and Solo players have to work out of the capital pretty much, while clans can work out of there clan owned ports as a bonus.

Folks shouldn't be made broke if they get hit by some one and loose one ship, so the bank amount pretty much should never be all on your ship to be lost.  Just what you have collected from raids/trades until you return to your home port, but that loot shouldn't just magically show up in your bank every time.  Make them go back to port to get it.  Maybe have trade manifest you where thinking about that they get after a battle.  They turn them in when in port and get paid the reward/loot amount.  If some one captures your ship they have a chance to get some of these trade/loot manifest and turn them in themselves for the loot.

7 hours ago, z4ys said:

- Dont allow basic cutters to transport currency. My only concern so far.

Again basic cutters should honestly be removed from the game other than low rank players.  The game should send you back to a port you have a ship or outpost in upon your death in game.   If anything we should have like POTBS had was fallback ships you can only get if you have no other ships in game (maybe limit to no other warships).  Basic Cutters are still being abused over and over by maxed rank players.   If your max ranked than you should have ships and outpost to return to upon your death not being able to buy a basic cutter and cheese your self back into combat or to avoid getting attacked.   

They should not be able to join any mission or fight unless they started the AI missions themselves.  There is no reason for them to be joining PvP fights or even other players misisons.   If they are in a group than yes the group can pull them for an AI missions, but not be able to join an all ready started one.  I know this is off topic from the OP, but really it needs to be addresed if something like the system being talked about comes into play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

NA handicap is a separation of OW and Battle Instance ruining all realism and game mechanics and creating hundreds of issues. This can't be fixed in this game. My idea is not to help the hunter get away, but to give him a chance to safely get away after a long battle and avoid revenge fleets which are broken because of OW-instance handicap + F11 coords. If I sail in a battle for 1h and 30 minutes, I should get like 1-minute speed boost in OW to in theory sail a distance I could have sailed in a battle instance, that's pretty close to realism, right? And if I'm in battle 5-10 minutes, there is no much bonus for me then.

Revenge fleets after 1:30h battles are cancer, there can never end. You die, you bring next ship and wait with revenge fleet. Fresh, new ship, full repairs. The enemy is damaged, short on repairs and needs to keep fighting you again and again until he dies. Revenge fleets well done always kill enemy, no matter what. There is nothing skill-based about that.

1 min speed boost in open World? Honnestly. Guess then there will be no revenge fleet,  no reason. So how often do you lose to a revenge fleet. But uf we stay on the idea of a fair chance to get away. Shouldn’t we start with the traders. How often do they get away, when attacked.

I try to see your situation, But must admit it is hard to  get. The predator saying it is to hard and game should be easier on us. Byt lets make it harder for the prey. You want it to be easier to get away.  How often do you actually lose a ship to a revenge fleet. A number will make it easier to understand.

It is hard to be a predator, think the prey have a harder time. But maybe you are right is to hard to be a top PvP, maybe it is time to make the game more soft on PvP players. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, staun said:

1 min speed boost in open World? Honnestly. Guess then there will be no revenge fleet,  no reason. So how often do you lose to a revenge fleet. But uf we stay on the idea of a fair chance to get away. Shouldn’t we start with the traders. How often do they get away, when attacked.

I try to see your situation, But must admit it is hard to  get. The predator saying it is to hard and game should be easier on us. Byt lets make it harder for the prey. You want it to be easier to get away.  How often do you actually lose a ship to a revenge fleet. A number will make it easier to understand.

It is hard to be a predator, think the prey have a harder time. But maybe you are right is to hard to be a top PvP, maybe it is time to make the game more soft on PvP players. 

 

Traders can use escorts, guns, good mods, they have 1000 ways to defend themselves, but most of the time they sail defenceless and careless. It's like taking a ship with no guns, no repairs and complaining about a fair fight... Logic? I killed lots of hunters in my trader. 

Do you think it's ok to be forced into fighting others for 4-6 hours until death?  Fair question. You win a battle or get away and you're forced to next and next and next. No chance to get home quit game, log out, whatever. Most of the players would just give up or surrender at that point...

Edited by Banished Privateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Traders can use escorts, guns, good mods, they have 1000 ways to defend themselves, but most of the time they sail defenceless and careless. It's like taking a ship with no guns, no repairs and complaining about a fair fight... Logic? I killed lots of hunters in my trader. 

Do you think it's ok to be forced into fighting others for 4-6 hours until death?  Fair question. You win a battle or get away and you're forced to next and next and next. No chance to get home quit game, log out, whatever. Most of the players would just give up or surrender at that point...

The hunter chose where and when to attack. They choose if they want to go alone, with other in with ship they want. They dont like the situation, they just find a new prey. Hmm. Yeah see they have a tougher time.

Forced in to a battle. Do traders not get forced in to a battle? But it is ok to force a battle if it just is a short one? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of having to move money around and to return with any loot in form of gold and marks.

Sure for the carebear crowd it may not be funny. But there is no rule that all ports should be taken.

Same goes with upgrades, no captain chest and funny instant movement around. All the teleport BS kills the economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Traders can use escorts, guns, good mods, they have 1000 ways to defend themselves, but most of the time they sail defenceless and careless. It's like taking a ship with no guns, no repairs and complaining about a fair fight... Logic? I killed lots of hunters in my trader. 

Do you think it's ok to be forced into fighting others for 4-6 hours until death?  Fair question. You win a battle or get away and you're forced to next and next and next. No chance to get home quit game, log out, whatever. Most of the players would just give up or surrender at that point...

That's what the surrender option is there for. Get home fast. If you want Hello Kitty mode on then we can start to backtrack on all the changes. Or you can play on the PvE server. I get you like the changes in your favour but not when it goes the other way. That´s just asking for an easy mode game.

Edited by Jesper Dahl
Wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, admin said:

Please keep in mind that this is a game. 

Clan warehouse will act as a bank and will pay for all the ports. 
When we talk about the idea of the physical currency transporting need we only talk about the trading and pvp rewards. Once you get it to clan warehouse it will not require additional travel.

What is being discussed: We want to consider the possibility to remove the magic electronic wallet for battle rewards and marks and from trading. 
The interesting outcome from this feature would be actually increased PVP risks especially risks in hunting around capitals: Right now it is still safe to hunt around capitals. It does not feel like a raid; pvp players wins 2-3 battles sinks in the 4th one - but still keeps all the rewards. This feature might actually give some ability for the defenders to deny all rewards from the hunter by counter ganking him. which will bring the balance to the force universe

Also keep in mind that it is just an idea for discussion: Thus no need to get defensive and negative. Lets talk constructively about benefits and negatives of additional risk in pvp and trading. 

 

I must say I am surpriced. It is just a game. Hmm.

Why only make it hardcore for trader and PvP. Why shouldn’t RvR not be hardcore?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also like to see the sniping ability fire from ships removed as well. Maybe random fire only without seeing what cannon shoots next. No aim and double the dispersion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

define hardcore.

Now you have to get a port is, basicly to flip it and win. Yeah I now the battle can be hard.

So what would make it a bit more hard core? Think you need to take logistic in to account. 

- Need to build forts, you have to sail ressources there. Cannons, balls and other stuff. And make so you have to resurply on a Weekly basis.

- Need to get money to pay soldiers in the fort.

- Build in a town manageme concept(Know that it is a bigger job, But the 2 first should be easy do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if the guys from DNP understand the paradox of revenge fleets and never-ending retagging. It ruins the game. Being attacked and dying in a battle is one thing, but getting killed after being tagged 3-6 times is a different story. The fact that person you fought died and comes back for revenge battle after 5 minutes in the new ship is also illogical. That's the reason why we had in battle screen "teleport to port" option in past. It wasn't a perfect solution, but it solved the famous revenge fleets. I remember KPR revenge fleets with 10-20 players fleets waiting for 1-2h for enemies to login or leave the battle. That was just sick. Basically, the hunters had to log out for 2-3h or come back to the game the next day to be able to play and not die.

If someone can survive/win several fights, he should be able to get safely away. The battle starts at point X and always ends at the same point. You travel X distance in a battle, what happens to that? It doesn't matter? 

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I'm not sure if the guys from DNP understand the paradox of revenge fleets and never-ending retagging. It ruins the game. Being attacked and dying in a battle is one thing, but getting killed after being tagged 3-6 times is a different story. The fact that person you fought died and comes back for revenge battle after 5 minutes in the new ship is also illogical. That's the reason why we had in battle screen "teleport to port" option in past. It wasn't a perfect solution, but it solved the famous revenge fleets. I remember KPR revenge fleets with 10-20 players fleets waiting for 1-2h for enemies to login or leave the battle. That was just sick. Basically, the hunters had to log out for 2-3h or come back to the game the next day to be able to play and not die.

If someone can survive/win several fights, he should be able to get safely away. The battle starts at point X and always ends at the same point. You travel X distance in a battle, what happens to that? It doesn't matter? 

So you ask for a free get out of jail card. In short, easy mode.

You selected to kill someone in their reinforcement zone or close to it. Easy target, yet you don't want the trouble that follows.

Edited by Jesper Dahl
Wording
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I'm not sure if the guys from DNP understand the paradox of revenge fleets and never-ending retagging. It ruins the game. Being attacked and dying in a battle is one thing, but getting killed after being tagged 3-6 times is a different story. The fact that person you fought died and comes back for revenge battle after 5 minutes in the new ship is also illogical. That's the reason why he had in battle screen "teleport to port" option in past. It wasn't a perfect solution, but it solved the famous revenge fleets. I remember KPR revenge fleets with 10-20 players fleets waiting for 1-2h for enemies to login or leave the battle. That was just sick. Basically, the hunters had to log out for 2-3h or come back to the game the next day to be able to play and not die.

If someone can survive/win several fights, he should be able to get safely away. The battle starts at point X and always ends at the same point. You travel X distance in a battle, what happens to that? It doesn't matter? 

I think we had a couple of revenge fleet. Yes there is an issue with different in speed. But I do belive the solution we have no compensate for it. Do I like to get dragged in to a battle and have to do one more fight. Not always, some time I have to go to bed and sleep, But thats the game. But I dont see why a revenge fleet should be bad and the hunter good. Basicly both try to force another player to a fight and then kill him.

What was in the past is in the past. It should not dictate solutions today. I think the hunter still have an advantage, so He has a more than good chance to get away.

So you survive 2-3 battles and you should just get a free out of jail card? Lets not make it to soft core. What will be next. You have been killed once today, so now nobody can tag you. We should focus on getting this game more skill based, not put magic in to make it easier.

if you sail around the same spot you wont get fare away. You allready have 15 min you can stay and wait for the right wind in OW.

Edited by staun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jesper Dahl said:

So you ask for a free get out of jail card. In short, easy mode.

nah, I don't ask for it, we had it and it wasn't perfect (teleport to outpost). I'm asking for a realistic compromise solution - the more time you are in a battle - the longer speed boost. You travel X distance in battle, you make it count in OW too. We get a totally different time cycle in battle (slow) and OW (fast). Normally revenge fleet most of the time would never be able to get to battle, wait and attack again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

nah, I don't ask for it, we had it and it wasn't perfect (teleport to outpost). I'm asking for a realistic compromise solution - the more time you are in a battle - the longer speed boost. You travel X distance in battle, you make it count in OW too. We get a totally different time cycle in battle (slow) and OW (fast). Normally revenge fleet most of the time would never be able to get to battle, wait and attack again.

But if you fight around the same spot, how far do you go, and why should that get a speed buf in OW. Why just not make it so that you get out in OW where you where in battle.

Edit: 

But does that different in speed make jumping missions ore other battles possible. You want to close that posiblity to?

Edited by staun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, staun said:

But if you fight around the same spot, how far do you go, and why should that get a speed buf in OW. Why just not make it so that you get out in OW where you where in battle.

Edit: 

But does that different in speed make jumping missions ore other battles possible. You want to close that posiblity to?

There is 3 minutes joining timer before was 2 minutes. That's a reasonable thing. Missions in the safe zone close instantly. Why do you think that this is just for the hunters? Sometimes I am "hunted", I get away in battle and retagged again in OW... and again and again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

If someone can survive/win several fights, he should be able to get safely away. The battle starts at point X and always ends at the same point. You travel X distance in a battle, what happens to that? It doesn't matter? 

That's what I'd like to know. Sometimes you sail a long way in a battle and it be very realistic if that distance wasn't lost. Maybe the game should calculate the distance travelled from the point of entry and then give invisibility for the time period necessary to make up that distance in the OW. This would allow players who put in the effort to have a better chance of avoiding contact after leaving the instance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No name, no flag said:

That's what I'd like to know. Sometimes you sail a long way in a battle and it be very realistic if that distance wasn't lost. Maybe the game should calculate the distance travelled from the point of entry and then give invisibility for the time period necessary to make up that distance in the OW. This would allow players who put in the effort to have a better chance of avoiding contact after leaving the instance.

Cant remember, But are open world speed not 30 times bigger. But lets say He gets his minut invisibility. So He gets a minut head start. Lets be honnest is not a question about having a chance, it is a free get away. Try to cover that area for a revenge fleet. 

But why should effort be rewarded? This is a skill game. My expirience being on both sides of a revenge fleet, is the chance of getting away are very good after the battle.  Where players get in trouble is where there is just like one join area. There they can cordinate, so new players can join on the top of the enemy. Killed more than one on the account.

Realistic is imo a pure argument. Lets se you become invisible and can sail against the wind. Does that not reguire some stealth tecnoligy and engine. Don’t think it was invented at that time.  How fast do you think a ship was repaired after hard fight? Did ships carry unlimited guns. How the hell did they find new Crew so fast on open sea?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

There is 3 minutes joining timer before was 2 minutes. That's a reasonable thing. Missions in the safe zone close instantly. Why do you think that this is just for the hunters? Sometimes I am "hunted", I get away in battle and retagged again in OW... and again and again.

And each time you get a small advantage giving you a better chance to get away.

And how far do you traver in to minuts. Lets be honnest, open mission/combat it is a chance to attack a player that have no chance to know you where there. Yes I do it to. Always nice with a npc to help in the battle. I do know He can rather easy countet it by starting running the first 2 min. Dosent work always against Ai traders, But what the heck, attack an AI trader it is your own fault.

But it is fair enough you think game should be a bit easier for you. Think we all try to prompte game changes that are better for us self. I just think the escape game is fairly ballanced as it is now, with a small advantage for the guy, thats try to run after a fight. I belive it is easy enough as it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, staun said:

And each time you get a small advantage giving you a better chance to get away.

And how far do you traver in to minuts. Lets be honnest, open mission/combat it is a chance to attack a player that have no chance to know you where there. Yes I do it to. Always nice with a npc to help in the battle. I do know He can rather easy countet it by starting running the first 2 min. Dosent work always against Ai traders, But what the heck, attack an AI trader it is your own fault.

But it is fair enough you think game should be a bit easier for you. Think we all try to prompte game changes that are better for us self. I just think the escape game is fairly ballanced as it is now, with a small advantage for the guy, thats try to run after a fight. I belive it is easy enough as it is now.

FYI I was supporting "you get what you see" RoE, meaning only ships in visual range of a battle on start can join. Admin kind of never declined it would be a good RoE, but we never had a chance to test it. 

About game being easier for myself, that's false. I don't want the game to be easier for me, I want it to be more fair and less annoying for everyone. I don't lose many ships to revenge fleets or it usually pays off with rewards, but that's because I use a lot of fast ships. I stopped using often combat modded vessels because of ganking and revenge fleets. 

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

If someone can survive/win several fights, he should be able to get safely away. The battle starts at point X and always ends at the same point. You travel X distance in a battle, what happens to that? It doesn't matter? 

I always thought it was just NA magic.  It would be great if sailing in an instance affected the return to OW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with revenge fleets except for far away from any ports - solved by removing F11 coods. 

If they want to waste their time waiting 1,5h just to grief a single hunter - well let them. Banished you seem to be very concerned about losing your ships in unequal battles. It's part of the OW imo. Personally I find it truely boring and waiting more than 15 minutes is a pain to me. Patience is also a value. 

Read nation chats and they are full of the heroic killings of good PvPers. Though these guys always outnumber them at least 3:1. It's not heroic at all and still it's obviously worth telling the tale. Np with that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

but we never had a chance to test it.

We kind of did. Before the os speed was increased 2 min join timer was basically in visual range of battle. At least that is what was said at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have you guys tried not hunting so close to enemy ports? thats just asking to be countered. If youre getting caught so close to enemy ports that half the nation has the chance to sit and wait for you thats entirely your fault. Adapt and find somewhere else to hunt, or bring friends. This isnt a mechanic fail this is operator error.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×