Game-Labs Forum

Next big patches: Real currency and Open world user interface update

6 hours ago, Flakbait said:

Thanks...  gives us an idea on what we'll have more of after the patch.  Only two questions though, why is charcoal listed (does anyone make it anymore?)  and what will provisions break down into, if at all?

Whoops, that's technically 3 ?'s.

--Flak

charcoal and other stuff that is not used in current gameplay - just in case someone still has it in warehouses.

Provision most likely will be kept as crafting material and you will need to craft it to built a ship (just like now).

52 minutes ago, Ink said:

charcoal and other stuff that is not used in current gameplay - just in case someone still has it in warehouses.

Provision most likely will be kept as crafting material and you will need to craft it to built a ship (just like now).

Any update info on the patch?  @admin posted in the last patch one he will give an update by end of week and well we haven't seen an update and the week is officially over.  Would be nice to get some more details as many folks have stopped playing waiting for it to drop.  The rest of us will like to be properly prepared for when ever it does drop.

This currency change sounds absolutely godawful. Why introduce a useless mechanic with complicated conversions and crap when what he have now works fine, and you have YET to un-kill solo players with your stupid magical reinforcement fleets zones and forts? Why not give all traders an airstrike at the beginning of each battle?

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 1:00 AM, Werewolf said:

This currency change sounds absolutely godawful. Why introduce a useless mechanic with complicated conversions and crap when what he have now works fine, and you have YET to un-kill solo players with your stupid magical reinforcement fleets zones and forts? Why not give all traders an airstrike at the beginning of each battle?

Let's wait and see, but I am fearing another patch aiming to focus players to PvP only, by removing all other activities, in particular economy, and by replacing money by combat marks, PvP marks and victory marks...

In fact, I feel quite glad of the development delay.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I'd say port UI requires more work than OW UI. Also @admin‌‌‌ must make some improvements based on our feedback on OW UI. 

So dont expect the new patch (economy+UI) until late August.

A patch they started on like 6 months ago, or did they?  Starting to honestly think they don't start on these patches until after they announce them.   Makes you wonder what they are doing with all that DLC money they just got?   Though instead of folks saying it will be this month or that, it's prob best if the Devs just give us actual little updates since it was suppose to be done months ago by the original post.  I honestly wasn't to impressed with the OW UI as it seems more like they just rip it off of NA:L so than what the hell was they working on the last 6-7 months other than wind changes?

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

A patch they started on like 6 months ago, or did they?  Starting to honestly think they don't start on these patches until after they announce them.   Makes you wonder what they are doing with all that DLC money they just got?   Though instead of folks saying it will be this month or that, it's prob best if the Devs just give us actual little updates since it was suppose to be done months ago by the original post.  I honestly wasn't to impressed with the OW UI as it seems more like they just rip it off of NA:L so than what the hell was they working on the last 6-7 months other than wind changes?

I'd bet they are working harder on their new games. My impression is that the commercial interest in Naval Action is fading on the side of Game Labs (and TBH - given the number of active players - I would not blame them if it was actually so).

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, victor said:

I'd bet they are working harder on their new games. My impression is that the commercial interest in Naval Action is fading on the side of Game Labs (and TBH - given the number of active players - I would not blame them if it was actually so).

I honestly wouldn't be suprsied, but this is why I'm asking for a small update weekly like most every game I ever tested before does when patches are being worked on and taking time.   We aren't asking for an exact date promised just let us know how it's going so we don't think things like this.  Specially when folks are getting tired of waiting on something that they thought was suppose to drop a month or so ago but keeps getting pushed back over and over.....just like every patch they do that is big, but that doesn't mean they can't keep us informed.

@admin any chance on an update on how the progress going for the next big patch?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jesters-Ink said:

I have over 5k in both gold and silver ingots. I understand this will be converted to coal. Will I receive compensation, as this is a crap downgrade? I converted to ingots to ease the moving of a clan warehouse.

The only compasation will be coal, but I supossed will be the previous valour of that gold/silver ingots in coal.

Will we have tooltips and instructions for exploring the new UI?

In the current OW UI on the fleet screen, hovering over your ships show a very lovely looking window with all your ship stats visible. I mean something like "Hover over ship to view statistics" and things like that.

EDIT: some games use a little icon in the bottom corner

image.png.3977ee26aa0273e29dda0bf7003dadaa.pngimage.thumb.png.58dcd97528dbf01b5907b7a1410fcb69.png

Edited by Johnny Rotten

@admin @Ink also an updated ETA would be nice instead of just saying #soon.

and stop adding things to this patch.  Get the UI stuff done with and added along with the Econ stuff and add the rest afterwards.  Seems y’all have a habit of pushing patches back to add more and more stuff to the patch that could be added in with smaller patches afterwards.

but really an ETA or update please?  Another week and it will be yet a new month again  and still no patch.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

but really an ETA or update please?  Another week and it will be yet a new month again  and still no patch.

Patience is a virtue... but sadly not mine. Really would appreciate some ETA aswell. I used all my crafting components weeks ago and was planning on putting crafting on hold until the eco patch would come live but I had to start it again due to too many crafting hours going to waste for nothing. I am really excited for steamlined crafting / less meaningless clicks but I would like to have it sooner rather than later - the rest can wait.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SirAlatriste said:

Lot of people waiting for new patch to craft ships for war, that's true. But we have to wait if we want a good UI without bugs.

That is fine, the problem isn't really the wait, the problem is lack of info and updates letting us know hot it's going.  That and not doing hotfix for things that need changes like the 6th rate balance issues or making the Raquin a 5th rate like the Herc until those balance are made.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

Or even have a fix for the trader's enormous bug that some players are taking advantage to make tons of money trading.

Yep forgot about that, which should be things they could do with a hotfix instead of waiting for 'THE BIG PATCH."

#SOON