Game-Labs Forum
Ink

Tutorial feedback 2

It should be made clear in demasting tutorial that ball is required to dismast. 

In sailing tutorial it should be maybe Hold A,Q,E,Z etc for 5 seconds instead of pressing.

Edited by HachiRoku

demasting tutorial is too dificult due to range.

move the enemy to 100m distance of you so you can actually aim for the mast.

final exam is too hard for players btw. I failed doing it the right way (killing one and then the other) and made it with mastsniping after that ... that's nothing a new player will do. I made videos of both tries will upload them soon

1 minute ago, rediii said:

final exam is too hard for players btw. I failed doing it the right way (killing one and then the other) and made it with mastsniping after that ... that's nothing a new player will do. I made videos of both tries will upload them soon

I finished on the first try, but I shamelessly ran away and waited for repairs to be off cooldown, which is something new players won't know to do. Repairs and repairing vs dps and repair to damage over time are important things currently lacking from the tutorial in my opinion. These aren't the mechanics you want to proudly flaunt because they are kinda weird but at the same time they are important. I very nearly killed a niagara alone with my yacht using mediums last night by using range and repair kiting to out dps/repair him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

final exam = is an exam
you are NOT SUPPOSED to pass it from the first try.

Though you should have passed it on the first try. @Ink did it from first try in 45 mins.

3 minutes ago, Capt Aerobane said:

I finished on the first try, but I shamelessly ran away and waited for repairs to be off cooldown, which is something new players won't know to do. Repairs and repairing vs dps and repair to damage over time are important things currently lacking from the tutorial in my opinion. These aren't the mechanics you want to proudly flaunt because they are kinda weird but at the same time they are important. I very nearly killed a niagara alone with my yacht using mediums last night by using range and repair kiting to out dps/repair him.

yes. thats the way you do it if you want to be safe
just chain first one and then kill another one methodically sometimes sailing away to repair. 
Pro players will rake and rageboard both in 10 mins 

exam forces you to learn (checks and tests) if you can manage repairs, damage and shooting. (bots dont repair). 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, admin said:

just chain first one and then kill another one methodically sometimes sailing away to repair. 

exam forces you to learn (checks and tests) if you can manage repairs, damage and shooting. (bots dont repair). 

maybe put some distance between the 2 cerberus. In my mission one was at 60% sails, the other at 100% but i couldn't isolate the fast one for nearly 10 min because it was dropping sails due to proximity to the other one.

maybe equip the cerberus with longs, make it easier for beginners.

Edited by RKY

3 minutes ago, Liam790 said:

So we cant get to our PB if we havent done the 2 hours in the tutorial?

So all that hostility yesterday was a waste.

GG admin, GG

Really know how to make a game

press the skip button?...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Liam790 said:

So we cant get to our PB if we havent done the 2 hours in the tutorial?

So all that hostility yesterday was a waste.

GG admin, GG

Really know how to make a game

? Skip the tutorial... 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Any proof? We use a Cerberus without any marines and boarding mods against AI with OP boarding stuff. Crew odds to begin should be 3:1 if we want to keep some crew after the boarding. Raking is good to destroy cannons, but rageboarding is not the fastest and best method. Not by using a naked ship at least.

• Like 2

Just now, Liam790 said:

And forfit the rewards? no thanks

you can access the tutorial through escape menu anytime...

1 minute ago, Liam790 said:

And forfit the rewards? no thanks

Are you really that stupid or you just pretend? You can get back to tutorial later. Stop being so hostile and passive aggresive, it's not cool.

Edited by Banished Privateer

9 minutes ago, admin said:

I consider myself not bad and did it in 25 min with demasting both in 8 minutes and then graping them to board. I don't think it is possible in 10 min

btw endurance challenge is too hard for new players

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Are you really that stupid or you just pretend? You can get back to tutorial later. Stop being so hostile and passive aggresive, it's not cool.

Its because it is a security door!

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Apologies, i was misinformed regarding the loss of rewards. My bad

Sorry Admin:)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Any proof? We use a Cerberus without any marines and boarding mods against AI with OP boarding stuff. Crew odds to begin should be 3:1 if we want to keep some crew after the boarding. Raking is good to destroy cannons, but rageboarding is not the fastest and best method. Not by using a naked ship at least.

10 mins maybe a stretch
but i just heard on a stream - someone just boarded both cerberuses in a row and just used the last second attack/guns trick

I would like to see some screenshots. Killing LGV on Basic Cutter was 6-10 mins for "pros". Raking Cerberuses is much harder, AI always keeps turning and turning and turning... We often end up in situation of sailing circles with AI chasing each other. Of course we can use chain to enhance our situation and make it easier. Boarding one ship probably takes 2-3 minutes. I would say 20 minutes would be awesome result of Final Test. Do you have access to data of best times? 

BTW. Everyone
The message in chat is their on purpose. If you see a new name passing the exam - it would be a good idea to invite him to your clan - he is good enough!

1 minute ago, admin said:

BTW. Everyone
The message in chat is their on purpose. If you see a new name passing the exam - it would be a good idea to invite him to your clan - he is good enough!

Yes, but be careful about inviting alts. Everyone will finish tutorial on alts for rewards :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, admin said:

BTW. Everyone

Currently I am flaming clan members until they get this message.

5 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Yes, but be careful about inviting alts. Everyone will finish tutorial on alts for rewards :)

Did it first with my Alt, tomorrow is the day for the Main.;)

Did it in 1hour with chaining/running/shooting /repairing until the first sunk and the second one gets demasted and graped to 80crew and borded.

But like many said, for a new Player it will be hard to get throug the last 2 exams.

so, ive finished the final Exam after 3 trys.

chainshot for 1 cerb, isolate the other sink him, run awayand repair/surgery and then boarded the other, took my sweet time had like 10mins left in the end

So it can be done, but considering a tutorial is aimed at new Players, facing 2 times the same ship as urs (even better since ai bonuses) is kinda hard. and will most likely lead to frustration. so i think a plain field (no upgrades for ai) would be a better soloution. Yes, this would make it very easy for veterans, but those arent the target of a TUTORIAL.

to the rest of the steps i cant say much, allready done those before

• Like 1