Game-Labs Forum

Tutorial feedback 2

@admin

I think the text format in tutorials could be improved. I feel it is very poorly structured. You explain too much. ex. chain passes through the sails , so you... bla bla... I feel it's not needed. 

-Maintain distance of 150-200m to the target. (there is no distance meter, how player can know where is 150m?, if you are asking to sail 150-200 meters, provide a tool to measure distance otherwise rephrase). 

Just write

------------------------------------------------------

--Sail relatively close to the target.

--Maintain same speed as the target. 

Hints - It will be easier to hit sails at close range. Shoot chain shot in line/parallel to the masts to cause multiple damage to all sails at once. 

----------------------------------------------------------

explain using Hints. Give clear orders in short worlds (sail close, maintain same speed).

Also, another weird text structure

Aim at the sails and destroy them to below 60%

Why not write:

Reduce sail integrity(HP) to 59% 

Simple and plain. 

Your customers will read this text, make sure it's clear and professional. They can judge your game just by reading what you write and how you write it. 

Edited by Project Pluto
  • Like 3

#1 The meaning of below sentence is not very clear. Maybe just a typo. 

tut_na.PNG.f7ec0c76317d7769e687770b46c96fe0.PNG

#2 After you finished the endurance exam (or final exam) you receive the rewards which is very nice. But you receive it in your warehouse. If you did the exams in let's say not in the "optimal" port you have to travel the loot to somewhere else. I'd find it better if the rewards will be given as redeemables so that you are able to drop it in the warehouse/port of your choice. 

My impression is that the tutorial final exam will be VERY hard for new players, but that with some more advice/help they will be able to finish it.

I think giving the AI ships a slight nerf would be good, as that battle was harder than a lot of pvp battles i've fought. Then again, they have completed other tutorial components so I don't think its too bad.

A coach system could be good. Let me get in there and give them tips/help them. Also, new players need to be warned about how rare the items they are getting are. A ship clock will be worth 10mil + easily, and they are just told its "rare" not that its basically a once of item they will never be able to attain again if they lose it.

28 minutes ago, Joernson said:

#1 The meaning of below sentence is not very clear. Maybe just a typo. 

tut_na.PNG.f7ec0c76317d7769e687770b46c96fe0.PNG

#2 After you finished the endurance exam (or final exam) you receive the rewards which is very nice. But you receive it in your warehouse. If you did the exams in let's say not in the "optimal" port you have to travel the loot to somewhere else. I'd find it better if the rewards will be given as redeemables so that you are able to drop it in the warehouse/port of your choice. 

Once again a lot can be improved in this text. 

Tips

To destroy ship planking(armor) more effectively stay close to the ship. The closer you are to the enemy ship the more damage you can inflict.

Causing damage to already damaged side of the ship will sink it faster. 

I can rework your text or at least try to...

Edited by Project Pluto
  • Like 1

Выношу матросиков, осталось 15, а задача не выполняется, пока не додумался включить крапы на другой борт. Но так как осталось 15 рыл и умирать они не хотят решил перезапустить. Там сразу задача "убей паруса", а книпелей то нема(. При рестарте туториала верните книпеля.

Also Devs provide a clear ship diagram in the tutorial. Clearly explain what planking is and what structure is. Masts, sails, stern, crew, fire... Explain angles where balls bounce. All this is important for pvp. 

ex. Show planking and let it flash. Add Hints to planking:

-Planking prevents Structure damage (show structure)

-Planking can bounce balls (show ball bounce angles animation)

etc..

Cross-Section%20of%20a%20Wooden%20Sailin

Have this type of view and explain each part of the ship.

-Waterline

-Planking (Armor)

-Structure (HP)

-Leaks

etc.. 

Edited by Project Pluto
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pasha Souvenir2 said:

При рестарте туториала верните книпеля.

это известная проблема, будет исправлена в одном из следующих обновлений

4 minutes ago, Pasha Souvenir2 said:

Выношу матросиков, осталось 15, а задача не выполняется, пока не додумался включить крапы на другой борт. Но так как осталось 15 рыл и умирать они не хотят решил перезапустить. Там сразу задача "убей паруса", а книпелей то нема(. При рестарте туториала верните книпеля.

отличная находка  поправим

Gunnery Tutorial - 

I found the super fast reload to during the demasting portion to be doing more harm than good.  The firing "line" if you will would constantly change back to the previous cannon's path and I couldn't actually keep up with adjusting for each cannon with the mouse with how quickly they reloaded.  I finally just gave up and demasted with the very first sector and waited until i had 8/8 cannons reloaded.  I could see this being very confusing for new players. 

Maybe lower the reload speed?

Also there are a couple of lag points between doing the task and getting credit for completing that are just long enough to make you wonder if you did it right.  Maybe optimizing those a tiny bit.  Might of been my connection though.

• Like 1

Sorry guys, you are going to be scaring off far more players with the final exam than you think you'll be gaining whatever rank officers it may bring. Make the AI ships the same build strength as as the players ships...and take away away whatever gunnery BS accuracy, pens and reload mods they have. Level the playing field. I have solo'd Fleet missions in a Trinc before and this is in no way easier than that.

Broadside for broadside they are doing way more damage than me.

P.S. Unless I need to redo the entire tutorial to gain some sort of advantage. I had done the previous tutorial except the previous very last one. I did not redo any of the previous. Please advise.

Edited by Sir William Hargood
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, victor said:

The final exam is difficult, but not impossible.

What I suggest is just to tweak a little down the damage the two NPC cerberus deliver.

I would just strip them of their double shot, or give it to players too.

1 hour ago, Sir William Hargood said:

Sorry guys, you are going to be scaring off far more players with the final exam than you think you'll be gaining whatever rank officers it may bring. Make the AI ships the same build strength as as the players ships...and take away away whatever gunnery BS accuracy, pens and reload mods they have. Level the playing field. I have solo'd Fleet missions in a Trinc before and this is in no way easier than that.

Its called final exam for a reason.
Final master and commander exam.

It can be done with zero sweat in 40 mins
Just chain one of the cerberuses at the start to 40-50% and kill them one by one.

I know much faster time is possible than 40 mins. We plan to add a record log to every exam and show the name of the record time and name player who did it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Tried to demast the second Brig in the Endurance challenge, got over 55 masts hits and they still didn't go down. What upgrades are those guys carrying?

same ship as yours. 
Guys.. practice.. all tutorials can be passed by a random 3d modeller with no naval action experience after a good number of tries. 

tip: use single shot.

• Like 2

Just now, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Listening to clan members struggle with the tutorial has given me great pleasure.

Now back to admiring my Hercules which shall never leave port.

we plan to give other options for this ship of course probably even next patch. its just now only this option is possible

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sir William Hargood said:

P.S. Unless I need to redo the entire tutorial to gain some sort of advantage. I had done the previous tutorial except the previous very last one. I did not redo any of the previous. Please advise.

You do not need to redo the tutorial, there is no advantage

1 minute ago, admin said:

we plan to give other options for this ship of course probably even next patch. its just now only this option is possible

If so it will need a few stat tweaks as it is the most powerful shallow draft ship right now.