Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Ink

Hercules ship feedback

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

How? Unless you've figured out a way around it there's no way to get Herc or Rattle from tutorials more than once?

I just assumed they would make uniform limitations for the upcoming prem ship packs. Yacht can't be given away either and we can click out one each day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VonVolks said:

you have to laugh really....

Oh, I did. Once I'd finished being angry at myself (he got me fair and square, no-one to blame but myself), I saw the humour in the situation and laughed it off. If I'm honest, I didn't quite like how it felt in that one combat, so maybe I didn't lose out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jodgi said:

I just assumed they would make uniform limitations for the upcoming prem ship packs. Yacht can't be given away either and we can click out one each day.

But you could cap them.. and it should be that way for premium ships too in my opinion. It's going to make battles some pretty inconsistent affairs if you can board and cap some players but not others, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But you could cap them

Right now you can't. At least this is the case with herc. 

54 minutes ago, Wraith said:

and it should be that way for premium ships too in my opinion

I don't know what they'll decide on. Surely you see the inevitable issues of people using friends or alts to click out one ship a day and letting them be capped?

 

59 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It's going to make battles some pretty inconsistent affairs if you can board and cap some players but not others, etc.

Maybe? Then again the only difference will be people can't keep disabled premium ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Right now you can't. At least this is the case with herc. 

I don't know what they'll decide on. Surely you see the inevitable issues of people using friends or alts to click out one ship a day and letting them be capped?

Maybe? Then again the only difference will be people can't keep disabled premium ships.

I was referring to the yacht.. I used to cap them all the time way back after Early Access started, I assumed you still could.  

Is it confirmed that premium ships are going to be one-a-day redeemables?!  I assumed they were one-off purchases?

One-a-day redeemables ala the yacht would be just plain broken and pay-to-win in my opinion.  The problem with uncappable premium ships is that it completely changes the dynamics of a battle.. if you know you can't cap a ship, or a player can't trade into your ship then it lets you play differently than those in cappable ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Is it confirmed that premium ships are going to be one-a-day redeemables?!  I assumed they were one-off purchases?

I haven't seen any explanation in detail. Again, I'm assuming based on how premium vehicles and vessels work in all other games that I know of (+ the yacht), so I could be sadly mistaken in this sandbox logic.

Would you buy a one-off ship for real money? It's a really hard sell for me. I don't mind supporting the development of this game and I have quite shamelessly bought alts to make my life as easy as possible.

What do you mean by "trade into your ship"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jodgi said:

What do you mean by "trade into your ship"?

Capture and leave your vessel behind knowing all an enemy can do is sink it but, for which you could potentially hop in, use up another ships armor and chain, then hop back in your original ship later in the battle.

I mean, if premium ships are truly redeemable one-a-day then the economy is shot, crafting is useless maybe other than mods, cannons, and repairs, and we'll have premium ship spam in every battle where boarding and capping is meaningless.  I mean, just imagine if you can buy a Rattler and redeem one a day with any build you want without needing to do any production?  What's the point of even participating in open world activities then?

It just can't function like WoWs outside of an arena/Legends like interface. If player production and crafting matters then then you shouldn't be able to circumvent it, especially when it entails demonstrably superior ships to anything you can craft! Premium ships are one off purchases that should be trade-able and cappable like normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wraith said:

apture and leave your vessel behind knowing all an enemy can do is sink it but, for which you could potentially hop in, use up another ships armor and chain, then hop back in your original ship later in the battle.

That could still be a thing. The only difference being you can't bring a prem back home once the instance is over.

10 hours ago, Wraith said:

especially when it entails demonstrably superior ships to anything you can craft! 

Why do you say this?

 

10 hours ago, Wraith said:

What's the point of even participating in open world activities then?

That is the main attraction for me.

10 hours ago, Wraith said:

then the economy is shot

But I thought you guys loved doing that. Would you stop OW activities because of a few premium ships? RvR crafting won't be affected as they won't sell a bunch of lineships.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hercules is a beautiful ship and very powerful.

It did seem to me that I progressed way too rapidly unlocking the knowledge slots for this ship.  I imagine that is due to it's very high dpm for it's rate.  I think it should take a bit more work, especially for the 4th and 5th slots.

Despite complaints that it sits too low and the big guns are underwater too much, I think it's a good compromise for it's firepower.  Under battle sails or healing downwind, it's not a problem getting a good shot off with those.

Glad to hear some non-premium 6th rates will be buffed.  That and adjustments of the shallow ship BRs will be a good thing.  I'll expect that to improve the balance overall.

As for premiums being non-capturable, I'd prefer being able to capture them in the battle instance but, as @jodgi suggested above, loose them as soon as the battle instance is over.  Or perhaps instead, loose any captured premiums as soon as you enter any port.

Once-a-day dlc redeemables do seem like too much.  Once-a-month, like forged papers, wouldn't be bad though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I like this small ship a lot but it looks weird to me as it sits quite high. Especially when compared to the plans. 

She doesn't look like she's riding high to me, judging by dark Youtube videos. Just fat and ugly by nature. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, maturin said:

She doesn't look like she's riding high to me, judging by dark Youtube videos. Just fat and ugly by nature. :)

Ship is beautiful, but the heel and firerate is killing it :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 6:45 PM, Greysteak said:

Once-a-day dlc redeemables do seem like too much.  Once-a-month, like forged papers, wouldn't be bad though.

Once a month no one will buy them. Also if it was once a week.

Premium content shall be well ... premium ... which implies some actual advantage for the purchaser.

Edited by victor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that worries me is the whole issue of balance, both the herc and xebec are shallow ships have high crew count and more firepower than other ships of their class.

Are we not going towards P2W port battles in shallow ports?

I bet 4th rate premium ships will be next.

I guess if it's what is needed to keep servers paid for though is way it must be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dibbler said:

The thing that worries me is the whole issue of balance, both the herc and xebec are shallow ships have high crew count and more firepower than other ships of their class.

Are we not going towards P2W port battles in shallow ports?

I bet 4th rate premium ships will be next.

I guess if it's what is needed to keep servers paid for though is way it must be.

i agree on balance but i kinda wish for premium 3rd rate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×