Game-Labs Forum
Ink

Hercules ship feedback

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

How? Unless you've figured out a way around it there's no way to get Herc or Rattle from tutorials more than once?

I just assumed they would make uniform limitations for the upcoming prem ship packs. Yacht can't be given away either and we can click out one each day.

9 hours ago, VonVolks said:

you have to laugh really....

Oh, I did. Once I'd finished being angry at myself (he got me fair and square, no-one to blame but myself), I saw the humour in the situation and laughed it off. If I'm honest, I didn't quite like how it felt in that one combat, so maybe I didn't lose out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jodgi said:

I just assumed they would make uniform limitations for the upcoming prem ship packs. Yacht can't be given away either and we can click out one each day.

But you could cap them.. and it should be that way for premium ships too in my opinion. It's going to make battles some pretty inconsistent affairs if you can board and cap some players but not others, etc.

53 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But you could cap them

Right now you can't. At least this is the case with herc. 

54 minutes ago, Wraith said:

and it should be that way for premium ships too in my opinion

I don't know what they'll decide on. Surely you see the inevitable issues of people using friends or alts to click out one ship a day and letting them be capped?

59 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It's going to make battles some pretty inconsistent affairs if you can board and cap some players but not others, etc.

Maybe? Then again the only difference will be people can't keep disabled premium ships.

35 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Right now you can't. At least this is the case with herc. 

I don't know what they'll decide on. Surely you see the inevitable issues of people using friends or alts to click out one ship a day and letting them be capped?

Maybe? Then again the only difference will be people can't keep disabled premium ships.

I was referring to the yacht.. I used to cap them all the time way back after Early Access started, I assumed you still could.  

Is it confirmed that premium ships are going to be one-a-day redeemables?!  I assumed they were one-off purchases?

One-a-day redeemables ala the yacht would be just plain broken and pay-to-win in my opinion.  The problem with uncappable premium ships is that it completely changes the dynamics of a battle.. if you know you can't cap a ship, or a player can't trade into your ship then it lets you play differently than those in cappable ships.

29 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Is it confirmed that premium ships are going to be one-a-day redeemables?!  I assumed they were one-off purchases?

I haven't seen any explanation in detail. Again, I'm assuming based on how premium vehicles and vessels work in all other games that I know of (+ the yacht), so I could be sadly mistaken in this sandbox logic.

Would you buy a one-off ship for real money? It's a really hard sell for me. I don't mind supporting the development of this game and I have quite shamelessly bought alts to make my life as easy as possible.

What do you mean by "trade into your ship"?

4 hours ago, jodgi said:

What do you mean by "trade into your ship"?

Capture and leave your vessel behind knowing all an enemy can do is sink it but, for which you could potentially hop in, use up another ships armor and chain, then hop back in your original ship later in the battle.

I mean, if premium ships are truly redeemable one-a-day then the economy is shot, crafting is useless maybe other than mods, cannons, and repairs, and we'll have premium ship spam in every battle where boarding and capping is meaningless.  I mean, just imagine if you can buy a Rattler and redeem one a day with any build you want without needing to do any production?  What's the point of even participating in open world activities then?

It just can't function like WoWs outside of an arena/Legends like interface. If player production and crafting matters then then you shouldn't be able to circumvent it, especially when it entails demonstrably superior ships to anything you can craft! Premium ships are one off purchases that should be trade-able and cappable like normal.

10 hours ago, Wraith said:

apture and leave your vessel behind knowing all an enemy can do is sink it but, for which you could potentially hop in, use up another ships armor and chain, then hop back in your original ship later in the battle.

That could still be a thing. The only difference being you can't bring a prem back home once the instance is over.

especially when it entails demonstrably superior ships to anything you can craft! 

Why do you say this?

What's the point of even participating in open world activities then?

That is the main attraction for me.

then the economy is shot

But I thought you guys loved doing that. Would you stop OW activities because of a few premium ships? RvR crafting won't be affected as they won't sell a bunch of lineships.

• Like 4

The Hercules is a beautiful ship and very powerful.

It did seem to me that I progressed way too rapidly unlocking the knowledge slots for this ship.  I imagine that is due to it's very high dpm for it's rate.  I think it should take a bit more work, especially for the 4th and 5th slots.

Despite complaints that it sits too low and the big guns are underwater too much, I think it's a good compromise for it's firepower.  Under battle sails or healing downwind, it's not a problem getting a good shot off with those.

Glad to hear some non-premium 6th rates will be buffed.  That and adjustments of the shallow ship BRs will be a good thing.  I'll expect that to improve the balance overall.

As for premiums being non-capturable, I'd prefer being able to capture them in the battle instance but, as @jodgi suggested above, loose them as soon as the battle instance is over.  Or perhaps instead, loose any captured premiums as soon as you enter any port.

Once-a-day dlc redeemables do seem like too much.  Once-a-month, like forged papers, wouldn't be bad though.

2 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I like this small ship a lot but it looks weird to me as it sits quite high. Especially when compared to the plans. 

She doesn't look like she's riding high to me, judging by dark Youtube videos. Just fat and ugly by nature. :)

5 minutes ago, maturin said:

She doesn't look like she's riding high to me, judging by dark Youtube videos. Just fat and ugly by nature. :)

Ship is beautiful, but the heel and firerate is killing it :) 

On 6/11/2018 at 6:45 PM, Greysteak said:

Once-a-day dlc redeemables do seem like too much.  Once-a-month, like forged papers, wouldn't be bad though.

Once a month no one will buy them. Also if it was once a week.

Premium content shall be well ... premium ... which implies some actual advantage for the purchaser.

Edited by victor

The thing that worries me is the whole issue of balance, both the herc and xebec are shallow ships have high crew count and more firepower than other ships of their class.

Are we not going towards P2W port battles in shallow ports?

I bet 4th rate premium ships will be next.

I guess if it's what is needed to keep servers paid for though is way it must be.

11 hours ago, Dibbler said:

The thing that worries me is the whole issue of balance, both the herc and xebec are shallow ships have high crew count and more firepower than other ships of their class.

Are we not going towards P2W port battles in shallow ports?

I bet 4th rate premium ships will be next.

I guess if it's what is needed to keep servers paid for though is way it must be.

i agree on balance but i kinda wish for premium 3rd rate

Reduce the crew of the Hercules to 160, reduce base speed by 2kn then it is a balanced ship. Premium ships have the advantage to be free and unique they should never be better than actual ships. Otherwise people will spam Herc´s and requins and new Players will consider this game to be Pay2Win

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, guest ck9ubl3t said:

Reduce the crew of the Hercules to 160, reduce base speed by 2kn then it is a balanced ship. Premium ships have the advantage to be free and unique they should never be better than actual ships. Otherwise people will spam Herc´s and requins and new Players will consider this game to be Pay2Win

So what that hercules is weaker compared too free ships?

Just now, guest ck9ubl3t said:

Yes, because it is free to redeem once a day :)

look if devs want that DLC ship sell she needs to be competative with others but people will not pay real money for ship that is weaker than any other ship of her class ingame

It´s my opinion as a PVP player you can have yours it´s fine. As of right now requin and herc are unbalanced. If they don´t nerf them I will consider this game to be Pay2Win. If that status stays for the long time I wont buy any more content and leave the game. If thats what the devs want ok i can play other games

• Like 2

never said they do not need too be balanced its just that your suggestions nerf them too hard meybe not in shallows but what for those that use them in deep water?

Hi! I am sorry for off top(Lol)

But what is the best type of wood for PVP Hercules? Teak/White oak planking?
What is the best type of wood for PVE Hercules then? Live oak/White  oak planking?
I think we both need speed and endurance in PVE but not as much speed as in PVP, so Maybe Oak/White oak planking is the best option for PVE Hercules?

What do u think?

6 hours ago, Harsh_Winter said:

Hi! I am sorry for off top(Lol)

But what is the best type of wood for PVP Hercules? Teak/White oak planking?
What is the best type of wood for PVE Hercules then? Live oak/White  oak planking?
I think we both need speed and endurance in PVE but not as much speed as in PVP, so Maybe Oak/White oak planking is the best option for PVE Hercules?

What do u think?

Te Wo best all around

19 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Te Wo best all around

A minute ago I asked in a clan chat and got a reply:  "white oak white oak". Hm. Are you sure?

Edited by Harsh_Winter

19 hours ago, Harsh_Winter said:

A minute ago I asked in a clan chat and got a reply:  "white oak white oak". Hm. Are you sure?

WO/WO for PvE sure. But you can use teak/WO in missions, I've never used anything more tanky than that outside of epic events, it's always seemed a bit overkill to me and if you get caught in PvP you will be likely sunk due to the reduced handling/speed.

For PvP, the max I would go is teak/WO unless you got some speedmods and ship knowledge to bump up the topspeed - even then acceleration is slow. And who wants to put expensive mods on a free ship anyway? They would be better served on a bigger ship.

I actually like the teak/teak, but I guess thats the middle option anyway between speed and tank. As log as you dont go broadside to broadside with AI it can do PvE very well too!

Edited by Johnny Rotten