Game-Labs Forum

Hercules ship feedback

17 minutes ago, guest ck9ubl3t said:

Reduce the crew of the Hercules to 160, reduce base speed by 2kn then it is a balanced ship. Premium ships have the advantage to be free and unique they should never be better than actual ships. Otherwise people will spam Herc´s and requins and new Players will consider this game to be Pay2Win

So what that hercules is weaker compared too free ships?

Just now, guest ck9ubl3t said:

Yes, because it is free to redeem once a day :)

look if devs want that DLC ship sell she needs to be competative with others but people will not pay real money for ship that is weaker than any other ship of her class ingame

It´s my opinion as a PVP player you can have yours it´s fine. As of right now requin and herc are unbalanced. If they don´t nerf them I will consider this game to be Pay2Win. If that status stays for the long time I wont buy any more content and leave the game. If thats what the devs want ok i can play other games

• Like 2

Hi! I am sorry for off top(Lol)

But what is the best type of wood for PVP Hercules? Teak/White oak planking?
What is the best type of wood for PVE Hercules then? Live oak/White  oak planking?
I think we both need speed and endurance in PVE but not as much speed as in PVP, so Maybe Oak/White oak planking is the best option for PVE Hercules?

What do u think?

19 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Te Wo best all around

A minute ago I asked in a clan chat and got a reply:  "white oak white oak". Hm. Are you sure?

Edited by Harsh_Winter

19 hours ago, Harsh_Winter said:

A minute ago I asked in a clan chat and got a reply:  "white oak white oak". Hm. Are you sure?

WO/WO for PvE sure. But you can use teak/WO in missions, I've never used anything more tanky than that outside of epic events, it's always seemed a bit overkill to me and if you get caught in PvP you will be likely sunk due to the reduced handling/speed.

For PvP, the max I would go is teak/WO unless you got some speedmods and ship knowledge to bump up the topspeed - even then acceleration is slow. And who wants to put expensive mods on a free ship anyway? They would be better served on a bigger ship.

I actually like the teak/teak, but I guess thats the middle option anyway between speed and tank. As log as you dont go broadside to broadside with AI it can do PvE very well too!

Edited by Johnny Rotten

On 4/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, admin said:

Its a one time gift ship. The ship is fine. It's a great ship and will remain great. 80 BR is a number that is given to light ships so they can enter both shallow and deep water battles.

Once other options for getting it will appear - they will be prohibitively expensive turning this vessel more to a status and power symbol. 

So you have a deceptive and false BR so it can get into port battles? I’m sorry but really? How lazy is that? Simple fix is change criteria for entering deep and shallow PB. Give the Hurc a 6th rate rating and allow 6th rates and lower in shallow water battles.

• 2 weeks later...

Hercules is for me a very powerful ship. It is a snow on mega steroids.

* 4 chasers !

* 15 x 32 pounder carronades  each side

* Unmatched speed and good turn rate

* A bit high profile but also short

what are his downsides ? I really do not know.

I can do circles around bigger ships including some 5th rates, look like it is  impossible to shake me from their ass. First pass with carros, no armour is left on enemy stern, second pass with carro-grapes 100-200 crew is dead, enemy crew shocks, game is over.

Same thing happened to me, I was in a fast indefatigable, and an experienced player ripped me apart in his Hercules, he just locked me until he ripped all my crew, and after my armour. Cause I could not even reload due to missing crew. I had trouble landing good shots on him, which I did not have many chances.

I feel 32 pounders carronades are too strong for this ship, if he is this agile and fast, he should have slightly less armour and hp. This is a free ship which you can select your best wood, and you can sail with no fear of losing this ship. You do not need to put expensive mods on it, as it is already fast and you can select best woods.

* Remove his 32 pounder carronades.

* Nerf agility and speed a bit.

* If agility and speed stays same, nerf it is hp and armour.

* At it is current stage this ship is really OP. I would laugh at renomees, suprises, cerberuses, and make fun with bigger 5th rates, troll the much bigger ships.

*** If you can redeem this ship everyday, it should be on par with mediorce 5th rates, it can not be a BEAST like what it is now. Because you can select your wood type freely, if you had to built this ship like others, best built would sell for at least 750k or easly more gold. So having an DLC / IMPORTED / PREMIUM ship is having an usable ship with zero cost ! , not having 1 overpowered little bastard because you paid for it.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 6

On 7/19/2018 at 3:45 PM, AeRoTR said:

If you can redeem this ship everyday, it should be on par with mediorce 5th rates, it can not be a BEAST like what it is now.

If you can redeem it everyday it's because your losing it everyday.

Oh wait!  You could sell for 1/2 the gold you would get sinking one AI  trader brig and then also lose any mods you have put on it....that makes sense!

Sigh.

I bought this DLC ship (I hope that doing so i have helped a bit the development of the game), but I find it OP (less than the Requin, at least this ship undergoes the pursuit of another Hercules, 4 bow cannons- 2 stern cannons).
I think devs should decrease his side hull, so to balance a little, in fact it is already very fast and turns incredibly.
I say this against my interest (since I bought the DLC), but I find that it is absolutely unfair that there are pay to win ships (as it s Hercules today).

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, rediii said:

Herc and Requin are OP I fully agree

Bahamas pvp event = premium event.

Bahamas = premium water

Even in portbattles Prince or any other 80 BR ship isn't a option vs the requin or herc (100 Br but still OP)

Kerchiiiing!!!!!!!!! close that till devs its getting silly.

Buster (backlog of mercs to shift)

Buster 

Love the Herc. Very agile ship that has become the first rate of the shallows. That is the issue however. Not much in the shallows can match it 1v1. The Nassau Patrol before its inteoduction was lively. Now it is quiet in relation. It is a ship that needs not a nerf but some moderate tweaks to create an enviromental balance with its natural habitat in the shallows.

Feedback on the Hercules: It's combination of speed, amount of hp, thickness, cannons/DPS, crew AND low BR makes is ridiculous OP! 

Result: the Hercules is a must in the Nassau Patrol zone to be competitive and it is very OP as a screening ship vs shallow water pb fleets. Now it is even a normal ship to bring into deep water pbs.

Suggested nerf half the base HP on the Hercules and  weaken its mast thickness to match that of the Mercury!

I used to sail in the Bahamas a lot. I traded there and I did the Nassau patrol every time it was up. Now I will not sail in the Bahamas anymore because of the DLC ships being so OP. Yes I could buy them myself but one of the things I liked about the shallow water was the variety of ships in use. Now if you are not sailing a DLC ship you cannot compete in shallow water.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

Totally love this unrealistic sail profile chart

Define "unrealistic"...

4 hours ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Best we have being better than none at all :)

I am certain @jodgi would appreciate all the help to improve it. 😎

Oh, for sure! Many, many people have already contributed over the years.

4 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

Well it it includes ships that do not exist in game and one is missing

They do exist, however you may not have them. ;)

Which one is missing?

13 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Define "unrealistic"...

Oh, for sure! Many, many people have already contributed over the years.

They do exist, however you may not have them. ;)

Which one is missing?

is there a donation button for the Speed trials society? I am sure a lot of people will donate to keep up updated especially with the release coming closer and closer. 

• Like 11