Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 23: Updated Tutorial, Special ship and new UI teaser.

Tutorials are bad. Really bad. AI is cheating like there is no tomorrow. Endurance exam is confusing since you don't know that second ship will spawn. Final exam is worst of all. I went with boarding immediately and what do I find? AI cerb had double loaded! Shame, shame, shame...

And there is no way new guy can finish these tutorials. I have 1000+ hours and I struggled with some of them

Edited by Zoky

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

chains are totally useless, remove them.

the ''increased damage'' isn't so increased (from 100 to 75%, before patch 100 to 80%)and new exploit is waiting enemy finish his chains and then call friends to join battle...just happened

or simply, gank fest patch.  3 vs 1 is 12 chain rounds vs 4 chain rounds

Minimal OW speed against the wind has slightly increased - nope, it's doubled.  before patch was 3kn now 6-7 and 15-16kn at 30° until 60°

One chain hit did 5% sail damage,so they are not useless. 

2 minutes ago, Zoky said:

Tutorials are bad. Really bad. AI is cheating like there is no tomorrow. Endurance exam is confusing since you don't know that second ship will spawn. Final exam is worst of all. I went will boarding immediately and what do I find? AI cerb has double loaded! Shame, shame, shame...

AI never cheats. it just plays well and uses yards well. 
But we tested all of them. Our artists from other projects with no experience with NA were able to pass the final after several tries. 

• Like 7

Just now, Przemo said:

@admin i was almost sunk by the AI in Demasting mission. New players may be discouraged by dying in tutorial. Take AI cannons away or give some repairs on players ship.

https://gyazo.com/5718f16ecc780c6afa41e993e39c95f5

Please try to pass the tutorial boss in Dark souls on the first try and come back to me. Tutorials must be a challenge because they prepare you for harsh OW.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, admin said:

everything to make everyone pass the tutorial. 

is this thing tradeable? People will just delete their alt and pass tutorial over and over for 4% speed

I think the tutorial is pretty good, although it could prove very tough for an inexperienced player: maybe thats a good thing! I think letting people coach each other in the tutorial could be very good though.

Good looking patch so far.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

is this thing tradeable? People will just delete their alt and pass tutorial over and over for 4% speed

Tutorial completion is tied to the account (on the server). You cannot get rewarded a second time. These are very very rare items (ship and clock)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, admin said:

You should try to shoot at closer ranges than before
Chain damage was literally DOUBLED. Maybe you are shooting from too far. It does not do much damage from 600m and further.

He is shooting same sail section, it's hard to damage mid/top sail sections from close range.

1 hour ago, Suppenkelle said:

Easy solution for the time being: take a basic cutter, enter the mission, turn around and flee, leave ASAP. Mission failed but done. :) 

yes, this would solve the problem for the time until a better solution Suppe ... but why should I pay with my lifetime for a wrong way of development?

I will F11 it every day and will not sail for useless PVE missions ... :mellow:  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

Teaser from the new UI.
This is work in progress and visuals might change during implementation
0IDPZjm.jpg

Was really hoping it would come out with this patch. @admin will the UI update be coming out sometime this month or early next month? Or has it been delayed because of small yet understandable complications?

2 minutes ago, Project Pluto said:

@admin read what I wrote here to improve tutorials. 

can you please repost here

• Like 1

Captains, also please provide feedback on Hercules in this thread:

2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

No you are not, you can't trade that to anyone

I mean I wasn't going to sell it anyway but yeah I noticed that. 

My heart is rich :D

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, admin said:

AI never cheats. it just plays well and uses yards well. 

Of course it does. Reloading like crazy, being always on boarding prep (+marines) and sniping my stern and modules from various ranges etc. But I accept that, since without some "cheats" AI would be absolutely no challenge and simply needs some advantages. 

What I don't get is that there are still many occasions were the firing sector of AI ships is far larger than mine. I noticed it in the endurance challenge in the tutorial again. I am a bit shifted to his port side and also a bit behind him, but not much, my bow is still next to his ship. And boom, I get hit by his two stern chasers. The same applies sometimes to his broadside. You get hit at angles, were you as a player never ever could aim your cannons. If is not an intended buff to the AI than it is a bug.

Edited by Cecil Selous
  • Like 3

Just now, Cecil Selous said:

Of course it does. Reloading like crazy, being on boarding prep everytime (+marines) and sniping my stern and modules from various ranges etc. But I accept that, since without some "cheats" AI would be absolutely no challenge and simply needs some advantages. 

What I don't get is that there are still many occasions were the firing sector of AI ships is far larger than mine. I noticed it in the endurance challenge in the tutorial again. I am a bit shifted to his port side and also a bit behind him, but not much, my bow is still next to his ship. And boom, I get hit by his two stern chasers. The same applies sometimes to his broadside. You get hit at angles, were you as a player never ever could aim your cannons. If is not an intended buff to the AI than it is a bug.

there was a upgrade in NAL that increased gun turning i bet AI has it

• Like 1

Just now, z4ys said:

there was a upgrade in NAL that increased gun turning i bet AI has it

does this explain stern chasers firing at almost 90 degrees to the side? Also this was always a thing. Even before NAL was "released"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cecil Selous said:

Of course it does. Reloading like crazy,

can you please record a video of low level bot reloading faster than you (cerberus would be fine)
High level bots (4th rates and above) can sometimes carry reload mods (just like players could carry them). But cerberus never carry them

So please. i need a video so we can reproduce a bug if it exists. 

4 minutes ago, Cecil Selous said:

But I accept that, since without some "cheats" AI would be absolutely no challenge and simply needs some advantages. 

sorry but there are no cheats (only reinforcement bots are buffed unfairly) 
all other bots can only use upgrades players can use.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

sorry but there are no cheats (only reinforcement bots are buffed unfairly) 
all other bots can only use upgrades players can use.

How many rounds of double does the AI have in the exams because it just seems unlimited

Was there ever an answer regarding the Herc and clock rewards for completing the tutorial? Are they one-time lose-it-its-gone or do they somehow reginerate like the yacht?