Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 23: Updated Tutorial, Special ship and new UI teaser.

Why limit mission cancellations? Most of the time missions spawn in stupid spots to begin with.

• Like 1

Are you guys already playing the patch? My game hasn't shown an available update yet lol

Edit nvm just took 15 mins to show up

Edited by Capt Aerobane
oof

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

While it is good that we have somekind of history log of the clan warehouse.... welll, I think you should take a look at those from other games.

This is Naval Action! We don't learn from other games here. We reinvent the wheel and wonder why people get frustrated and then blame the users for not being able to make that square wheel roll. :rolleyes:

Agreed, the log is... bare bones, and deserves some improvements, the OW visibility change and lack of hailing is a step backward, and I'm hugely skeptical of the chain and repair mechanics but will test further. The meta is essentially fixed now to a particular play style and build. It's kind of disappointing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chug said:

The way this works in game right now, I think might need to be changed. You have it set, so if you use your 3 "cancellations" you can then no longer drop missions at all. So if i have 3 combat missions outside my capital and then want to go do hostility missions you cant pick them up as your stuck with your 3 combat orders and you would have to do these first, even if they were in terrible spots that would get you killed.

Perhaps changing it so hostility missions have there own separate "cancellations"  would work and also allow us to have 3 combat/fleet missions plus 3 hostility missions (or 1-2) at same time would solve the problem.

Easy solution for the time being: take a basic cutter, enter the mission, turn around and flee, leave ASAP. Mission failed but done. :) 

• Like 1

Gunnery tutorial - Guns reload too fast when sniping mast. Better to reload as soon as you empty whole broadside.

Pursuit and capture - Ran out of chain shot and had to take down whole mast.

3 minutes ago, Borch said:

Pursuit and capture - Ran out of chain shot and had to take down whole mast.

This is interesting...were you chaining from distance?

4 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

This is interesting...were you chaining from distance?

Was a bit too close ineed and somehow you cant see hit boxes on this tutorial enemy ship sails. I dont know if its intended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

• Clan logs added
    • Money log – showing money and pvp/combat/victory mark deposits and withdrawals
    • Resource log – showing everything else

Nice! Greetings for PFK :wub:

5 minutes ago, Borch said:

Was a bit too close ineed and somehow you cant see hit boxes on this tutorial enemy ship sails. I dont know if its intended.

Hmm, I had read that damage to sails and rigging would be increased and range matters

One combat mission just send me in front of an enemy port. It could be very historical and all that stuff but it wouldnt help anyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

One combat mission just send me in front of an enemy port. It could be very historical and all that stuff but it wouldnt help anyone.

this is literally the ideal pvp mission.

46 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

Another thing: After the endurance exam you get stuff. I claimed it, but didnt get the ship that was announced, bug? @admin

You get the rattle note for general exams, Hercules and naval clocks are rewarded for the final exam

@admin please consider splitting pve grinding mission and hostility mission.

Currently if you have three pve mission, and did cancel three times already, you cannot take hostility missions because......you can't cancel the pve ones.

• Like 1

In my opinion the final exam shows perfect how important mods and perks are. It would a nobrainer with mods and perks.

5 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

Clock 4% speed bonus? What is this Peter Pan? Crocodile chasing us? 😂 

You're a crook captain hook!

I feel like wind changing with the ship in the 2nd tutorial will be too confusing and / or misleading for new players

9 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

Clock 4% speed bonus? What is this Peter Pan? Crocodile chasing us? 😂 

everything to make everyone pass the tutorial. 

• Like 2

chains are totally useless, remove them.

the ''increased damage'' isn't so increased (from 100 to 75%, before patch 100 to 80%)and new exploit is waiting enemy finish his chains and then call friends to join battle...just happened

or simply, gank fest patch.  3 vs 1 is 12 chain rounds vs 4 chain rounds

Minimal OW speed against the wind has slightly increased - nope, it's doubled.  before patch was 3kn now 6-7 and 15-16kn at 30° until 60° (i like going faster in OW but this speed isn' t intended one)

20180419154258_1.jpg

20180419154429_1.jpg

Edited by huliotkd

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

chains are totally useless, remove them.

the ''increased damage'' isn't so increased (from 100 to 75%, before patch 100 to 80%)and new exploit is waiting enemy finish his chains and then call friends to join battle...just happened

You should try to shoot at closer ranges than before
Chain damage was literally DOUBLED. Maybe you are shooting from too far. It does not do much damage from 600m and further.

• Like 4