Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Duelroom

Yay or nay?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Nedded or not needed?

• Yes we need it
    • No we don't need it

Another duelroom topic. Why? Because it is important.

What does a duelroom do?

It provides you the ability to teach someone

The one getting teached will lose fear when it comes to real pvp

Duels for people that want it in a fair manner

Edited by rediii
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, rediii said:

It provides you the ability to teach someone

Taking someone with you against NPC can do the same?

1 hour ago, rediii said:

The one getting teached will lose fear when it comes to real pvp

There is no guarantee to teach someone how to play against another player, since it always depends on your opponent, don`t you think?

Manual on "how to beat Ram Dinark or Liquicity" does not exist. Practicing PvP might be the only way, enduring many possible ship losses.. In the end, common sense,dedication,will to win,opponent`s mistakes which are recognised at the right moment decide many battles. A simulator can not teach new player such things, even with a dedicated mentor.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Duels for people that want it in a fair manner

Well....2 guys can always make a "date" at any free, or FFA port, start a battle.

Edited by Fenris

1 minute ago, Fenris said:

Taking someone with you against NPC can do the same?

There is no guarantee to teach someone how to play against another player, since it always depends on your opponent, don`t you think?

Manual on "how to beat Ram Dinark or Liquicity" does not exist. Practicing PvP might be the only way, enduring many possible ship losses.. In the end, common sense,dedication,will to win,opponent`s mistakes which are recognised at the right moment decide many battles. A simulator can not teach new player such things, even with a dedicated mentor.

Well....2 guys can always make a "date" at any free, or FFA port, start a battle.

1. No because its not pvp. I can't teach anyone in boarding or tell someone his mistqkes in a duel (same nation)

2. There is a guarentee to teach someone in pvp with a duelroom. Good players have not 1 way to play. They just exploit every mistake his enemy does

3. Sure you can set a day vs another nation but I want to train people of my clan/nation and not a enemy. I have no tool to do that except telling him in a real battle

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, rediii said:

1. No because its not pvp. I can't teach anyone in boarding or tell someone his mistqkes in a duel (same nation)

2. There is a guarentee to teach someone in pvp with a duelroom. Good players have not 1 way to play. They just exploit every mistake his enemy does

3. Sure you can set a day vs another nation but I want to train people of my clan/nation and not a enemy. I have no tool to do that except telling him in a real battle

What about Fleet practice? Whole fleet can practice there, without any losses.

What about Fleet practice? Whole fleet can practice there, without any losses.

Then random guys join in.

Also why do I need 8 other guys to show 1 player how its done?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Then random guys join in.

Also why do I need 8 other guys to show 1 player how its done?

Fighting in group may be as well educational as 2 vs 2 or 1vs 1 ?

2 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Fighting in group may be as well educational as 2 vs 2 or 1vs 1 ?

No its not because there is too much going on for not experienced players to grasp everything fast. People have to know how to play vs 1 target first before fighting in groups

You have any argument against a duelroom tho?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rediii said:

No its not because there is too much going on for not experienced players to grasp everything fast. People have to know how to play vs 1 target first before fighting in groups

You have any argument against a duelroom tho?

Manual on "how to beat Ram Dinark or Liquicity" does not exist. Practicing PvP might be the only way, enduring many possible ship losses..

In the end, common sense,dedication,will to win,opponent`s mistakes which are recognised at the right moment decide many battles. A simulator can not teach new player such things, even with a dedicated mentor.

You can not teach people how to fight single enemy, especially when your scholar meets a very experienced one. That is an illusion.

Wrote it already :)

Can't find anything against this suggestion.

Quite the contrary, we (sry; most of us:rolleyes:) want more pvp. Let's give a nation the ability to educade players in pvp. We have the fleet practice option, which helps for RVR and other big fleet battles. But there is no possibilty to teach the basics or strategies in small pvp.

rediii doesn't expect any reward!

2 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Manual on "how to beat Ram Dinark or Liquicity" does not exist. Practicing PvP might be the only way, enduring many possible ship losses..

In the end, common sense,dedication,will to win,opponent`s mistakes which are recognised at the right moment decide many battles. A simulator can not teach new player such things, even with a dedicated mentor.

You can not teach people how to fight single enemy, especially when your scholar meets a very experienced one. That is an illusion.

Ofcourse you can teach that. It's not that a ram dinark or @Liq are wizards.

We all just use some basics together with planning and situational awareness. You CAN teach the basics very well. I learned pvp in duels aswell.

• Like 1

@admin people are mostly scared of the first steps on how to pvp. Once they know a bit of stuff they do like pvp. Give us the tools to help players getting into pvp please

• Like 5

I would love to have a duell room!

Fleet practice doesn’t work atm:

Sometimes you need hours to get some folks together for a fleet practice with a serious training purpose. And if you achieved getting enough dedicated people others  join which just want to shoot things.

A duell room would be lovely because you‘d only need two people to get some serious training going!!!

@admin

When will you implement it? 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fenris said:

Manual on "how to beat Ram Dinark or Liquicity" does not exist. 

Incorrect! There is a manual to do it. I don't know why people allways mention those 2 because personally I would consider dron being the best duelist atm. Dron learned his stuff from gamover. Anyway, all I know for certain that I have beaten every player in this game at least once except for Turpos and for some reason I have never encountered ram dinark in open sea except for once. I have shown  people how to pvp in 1v1s and be really competitive in less than 2 hours in the past. This was admittedly pre wipe when I had more time and was far better/patient than I am now. There are some very simple tricks to do it. 

Duel rooms is something I personally really need atm because I don't have much time to play and I prefer to fight players that are as good or better than I am. I get nothing from killing some random player because I don't need the marks and don't improve myself. 90% of the time I want a duel people do not have the ship in proper ports. 

@admin please make this happen or at least  give us a reason why not... 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Incorrect! There is a manual to do it. I don't know why people allways mention those 2 because personally I would consider dron being the best duelist atm. Dron learned his stuff from gamover. Anyway, all I know for certain that I have beaten every player in this game at least once except for Turpos and for some reason I have never encountered ram dinark in open sea except for once. I have shown  people how to pvp in 1v1s and be really competitive in less than 2 hours in the past. This was admittedly pre wipe when I had more time and was far better/patient than I am now. There are some very simple tricks to do it. 

Duel rooms is something I personally really need atm because I don't have much time to play and I prefer to fight players that are as good or better than I am. I get nothing from killing some random player because I don't need the marks and don't improve myself. 90% of the time I want a duel people do not have the ship in proper ports. 

@admin please make this happen or at least  give us a reason why not... 

Well, i am not per se against such training gimmick. However, more lobbies and rooms in game equals less players in OW.

Ram Dinark was a quick example, could be any other experienced player. No offence to you :)

Well, i am not per se against such training gimmick. However, more lobbies and rooms in game equals less players in OW.

Ram Dinark was a quick example, could be any other experienced player. No offence to you :)

That is not true. We know from the past that in total you might have had 10 duels a day in total 

12 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

That is not true. We know from the past that in total you might have had 10 duels a day in total 

You can`t say that for sure.

19 minutes ago, Fenris said:

queue only works in the same nation ... done

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Of course.

Its your problem that you don't believe me but I know from experience that duel rooms don't take players from open sea. 

Duel rooms can be used for turnaments too. In WoWP there was a option to select a map and you coud invite other players. We did a turnament with support from devs in the beta times. So i think a duel room has more options.

3 hours ago, Fenris said:

Obviously you have never used a duel room and it would seem you know very little about this subject. I would stop posting about it if i was you. You are wrong in your assumptions in every post.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

Obviously you have never used a duel room and it would seem you know very little about this subject. I would stop posting about it if i was you. You are wrong in your assumptions in every post.

Lol. A duel room has same purpose like a headless parrot.

Funny for a while. Some day people starting to ask themselves: " What is THIS actually supposed to be"?