Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch 23. Hercules, Tutorial and Map teaser

5 hours ago, admin said:

Important. Final exam grants 2 rare items on completion: Hercules Frigate (ship note) and Naval Clock permanent upgrade. Use them wisely.

Very nice ship. :)

But, if this ship note is a one-time gift, then i hope it will not converted with same RNG-Bonus mechanics as used in the current ship notes conversion and crafting.

Having bad luck with this and then no chance of a new attempt, would cause a lot of frustration and dissatisfaction with this nice ship.

Edited by Holm Hansen

27 minutes ago, rediii said:

biggest ships in eve

biggest ships in na

I allways thought we should have not only deep and shallow but another kind of "shallow".

7th 6th = shallow

5th 4th = mid whatever

1st to 3rd deep

No deep in safezones = done

I always thought they should have more port restrictions on ships like 1st rates can only be docked in capital ports and can't be keep in freetowns per say.  Than put some shallows in some of the PB's with objectives like take that circle where only light frigates or shallow ships can go into those waters to cap the circles while the big boys duke it out in the open water if they want.  Would bring back the 25 man port battles, but means you have to mix your fleet up instead of all one ship.

19 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I used to dislike the 3 circle system but I have come around. 1 circle seems like it will not work and it would involve very little strategy compared to PBs now.

Personally I would like some levolution style PB's i.e. destroy this fort now capture this point, now bombard the town etc.

The mulit circles gives you a reason to use tatics and have goals, just like the BR/Circle of doom/Kill towers did before.  I get some folks wish every PB was just a big circle we have to all crash into each other and fight in to the last man, but many a battles where not won with a cannon fire, but instead other means.    Though I agree some more objectives would be nice.  Like I mention above have some areas with a lot of islands and such need shallow/light ships the big boys can't get into to capture the objective, butmaybe this will be something we see in the future?

17 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

So you should have free reign to ruin other pvpers play experience by hiding in an imaginary safe zone just to make you feel good?

You really should read your own words, he plays one way you play another, why should he be forced to play your way?

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Its amazing to see how many people suddenly post here when something disturbs their little PvE only bubble on the PvP server, when all they have to do is open the eyes before entering a mission. You have to sail 20 minutes to your mission? To get PvP you have to sail much longer and sometimes wait for ages, while a ton of ships just ignore you and enter their PvE mission. On. A. PvP. Server.

Would be interesting to see a statistic about how many of the active players participated in any non PvE action. I bet its less than 10%.

I actually think you will be surprised that you only make up about 10% of the player base and the casual/PvEer's actually make up around 90% of the player base.  Your the minority they aren't, but a lot of them never touch the forums.  That is why I have brought up doing in game polls to the devs to get actual feed back and not from just us salty grumpy vets on the Forums.

AGAIN we do not have  PVP ONLY SERVER.  We have the Caribbean which is a PvP/PvE server.  You guys need to get it out of your head that this is a PVP ONLY server.  In fact most games you get about the size of the safe zones as PVP area and the rest is PvE so you get way more area to play in than PvE guys do with safety than just about 99% of the MMO's out there.  In fact many of those games restrict the PvP only to arena fights and leave you where you can't even PvP any random you come across.  This game is a sandbox so you can do pretty much what you want within a certain limitations.  If some one one wants to farm noobs at a capital they can. If some one wants to PvE all day doing Trade runs they can.  So why limit that play style for one or the other?   What I'm seeing is the Hard core PvP guys aren't fighting each other and just complain when any limits of easy targets is being removed from them.   If ya'll want fights than go fight each other, cause that would actually give you some thing more enjoyable than destroying some casuals 1 hour of game play.  Oh wait ya'll won't do that cause that is to hard.

254820BD016CDCFC3B6A819878122996CBE4BA0F

I also love the guys that love these restrictions are guys that are in nations with very little new player base or casuals for the most part.  It's like they don't have a clue about the other 90% of the player base that plays the game out there.  Ever wonder why when the Devs post numbers about players it's so high compared to what you see in game?  Those are the Casual players that pop on for an hour or two at most, run a mission or two, than go spend time with family or head to bed cause they have to work the next day.  We only see the number 200-600 players at that moment, but that doesn't speak of the 1000 players that logged in over the whole day, it's just who is one at that exact moment.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Nothing selfish about it. PVE players have their own server. If you want to PVP then come on down but you can't be afraid to lose a ship or two in the process. As the game stands now max rank players spend countless hours grinding AI in the safe zones on a PVP server. Now they can still do it after this patch but it will be riskier. 

you simply do not get it, right?

When you will be 200 players in PVP server maybe you will.

• Like 7

Well now, after reading all the posts, I have this vision "10 same hardcore pvp guys, they are all hugging each other and crying out of happiness" , good for them plus other 50 pvpers around.

Interestingly the population making the game real, remaining 2000 players which time to time logs in, to keep a population around 500, has no idea what is coming, I can tell you, this won't be pleasant for them.

And for the super duper captains who can do port battles alone with their zero slot unlucked ships, command battles with 50 hours experience etc.. all the same b....t

I decided the that they have no idea what this game is about. Hey guys sail with your zero unlucked slot 1st rate, grind it in PVP that is what I do !

Cause I do not need steel box, art of ship handling, gunnercy ency., book of five rings, and and all the remaining rare books and stuff, and because I am so good !

And FOR ME, I do not give a shit if mission is out or in or whatever chain is limited, not for myself. But I do care about this game and I can see the real crowd keeping this game going and will keep this game going, is not Redii or Banished or whatever .... 

@Sir Texas Sir man you should be in the DEV team, you have very good ideas and perspective about this game, respect.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You really should read your own words, he plays one way you play another, why should he be forced to play your way?

Why should I be ham-stringed on a PVP server by players that want immunity? If they don't want PVP then they have a PVE server. If they do want PVP then they are gonna have to make some concessions to the fact that they won't be safe 100% of the time. They massive safe zones when initially implemented were ridiculous and killed much of the trader hunting and general PVP. Now the Admins are drawing them back slightly and the PVE dudes are losing their minds.

Just now, victor said:

I mean those 200 players are the only ones leaving the safe zone then there will be no difference. If a player spends 99% of his or her time in the safe zone then what are they doing on a PVP server? Even traders leave the safe zone.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

AGAIN we do not have  PVP ONLY SERVER.  We have the Caribbean which is a PvP/PvE server.  You guys need to get it out of your head that this is a PVP ONLY server.

Noone said that lol. But its not a PvE server either, so if you sail out of safezone you have to open your eyes at least.

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

What I'm seeing is the Hard core PvP guys aren't fighting each other and just complain when any limits of easy targets is being removed from them.   If ya'll want fights than go fight each other, cause that would actually give you some thing more enjoyable than destroying some casuals 1 hour of game play.  Oh wait ya'll won't do that cause that is to hard.

You dont see who you are attacking so I dont get this argument.

7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I also love the guys that love these restrictions are guys that are in nations with very little new player base or casuals for the most part.  It's like they don't have a clue about the other 90% of the player base that plays the game out there.

You should play in Sweden before judging me. I am aware that most are casuals who just run a mission or do a traderun a day/week, thats why I said I think less than 10% interact in PvP at all. But that doesnt mean those people should do it in complete safety. All the time people talk about immersion, about realism. Where is that realism when you can choose your mission in complete safety? So many dont even see the hunters and sail straight to their mission, because they dont have to look around anymore for potential danger. Its boring.

1 minute ago, Pada said:

Reading all this I really wonder how this game survived for so long without missions and safezones. It‘s like the game workd without them.

hello kittying bonkers dude. Personally I like the safe zones but you should not be able to make as much as someone out side them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, victor said:

To add to this, I believe that the limitation on cancellation of missions will drive away people from the PVE server aswell simply because PVE players don't like to wait to get the action they want. If they at the end of the day have used their cancellations and now only have missions on the other side of Jamaica they will not do the 30 minute sail to get there, but simply go play something else. I also believe that this will make them less likely to come back a second time to play, to get addicted and then tell their friends to buy the game and more likely to leave the bad reviews complaining about the game being to grindy or hardcore that some people on this forum hate. 

3 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I mean those 200 players are the only ones leaving the safe zone then there will be no difference. If a player spends 99% of his or her time in the safe zone then what are they doing on a PVP server? Even traders leave the safe zone.

as I told before. You simple do not get it. Well, you will see yourself. It just takes some time.

Just now, The Marinadtor said:

To add to this, I believe that the limitation on cancellation of missions will drive away people from the PVE server aswell simply because PVE players don't like to wait to get the action they want. If they at the end of the day have used their cancellations and now only have missions on the other side of Jamaica they will not do the 30 minute sail to get there, but simply go play something else. I also believe that this will make them less likely to come back a second time to play, to get addicted and then tell their friends to buy the game and more likely to leave the bad reviews complaining about the game being to grindy or hardcore that some people on this forum hate. 

They coud go to Belize there will no missions spawn on the other side.

• Like 1

Just now, The Marinadtor said:

There are tons of open world fleets to hit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Marinadtor said:

It's called hitting OW fleets jesus. Missions were a mistake >.>

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, victor said:

as I told before. You simple do not get it. Well, you will see yourself. It just takes some time.

Are you insinuating that PVE only players are holding the game together? What integral role do they play in the game?

• Like 1

It's okay guys, I understand it will effect some people who do missions from 1 port.

It's not like we have 377 other ports..... oh wait...

Time to go on an adventure! Put ye boots on and go further than the horizon lads!

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jim Broadreach said:

They coud go to Belize there will no missions spawn on the other side.

Most new players on the PVE server thinks sailing to Savannah la Mar is a waste of time, I don't see this as an appropriate solution.

2 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

There are tons of open world fleets to hit.

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

It's called hitting OW fleets jesus. Missions were a mistake >.>

In high population areas on the PVE server(KRP) there are virtually no OW NPC fleets left simply because of the high population density. That is why people go for missions on the PVE server, because they don't have the time or want to put in the effort to go somewhere where they can find more.