Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch 23. Hercules, Tutorial and Map teaser

3 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

So the guy is grinding is first 1st rate, picks up missions all far away, or out of safe zone. You are assuming that he will sail his 1st rate with no slots unlucked out of safe waters so he can make 2000xp until he unlucks all his slots which is 80.000 xp or was it 160.000 xp ? Do you think that when this guys has his 1st rate sunken, he will happily rinse and repeat same process ?

You have to give first 3 missions in the SAFE ZONE, after that mixed with no cancel, that may be okayish.

Somehow I got all 5 slots on my vic when there was no safezone hmmmmmm.

• Like 1

Just now, rediii said:

Grind in a smaller ship or accept the risk you take for the bigger reward

Again only play they way YOU want to play, if he doesn't tuff luck leave the game good riddance, one less player on server one less person to recommend the game. How about he plays his way I play my way? That too much for you to swallow or do you just want easy kills?

1 minute ago, Michael Corvinus said:

Again only play they way YOU want to play, if he doesn't tuff luck leave the game good riddance, one less player on server one less person to recommend the game. How about he plays his way I play my way? That too much for you to swallow or do you just want easy kills?

I mean y'all seem to think it is impossible to grind without being ganked. Yet somehow I got all 5 slots on my vic and got max rank when there was no safe zones. 

• Like 1

Just now, rediii said:

Then do it as a grou or do hosti or fleets in front of the capital or epic missions etc. etc.

Its normal that people cry tho if something is taken away that was better for them before (not only pve players)

Read carefully, I am online now and only 1 other clan member is online. I have a limited time and I want to grind slots on my 1st rate., then go back to work having achieved something. You are basically saying that I am not allowed to do that because it doesn't suit your play style.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

Then do it as a grou or do hosti or fleets in front of the capital or epic missions etc. etc.

1. Hosti -> see my post above.

2. Looking for adaquate fleets sailing into the safe zone is a pain in the ass at prime time!

Everyone's struggling to get decent prey.

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

Its normal that people cry tho if something is taken away that was better for them before (not only pve players)

That's true!

But sometimes they cry out for a good reason! :)

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

Just now, Michael Corvinus said:

Read carefully, I am online now and only 1 other clan member is online. I have a limited time and I want to grind slots on my 1st rate., then go back to work having achieved something. You are basically saying that I am not allowed to do that because it doesn't suit your play style.

It’s quicker and more rewarding-to take on an Ai fleet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michael Corvinus said:

You are basically saying that I am not allowed to do that because it doesn't suit your play style.

This is a fallacy. You can go do what ever you want in your first rate but when the patch drops you will more than likely have to leave the safe zone. Fun fact leaving the safe zone is not a death sentence.

Also free advice: Ask in nation chat if there are enemies near the capital. ORRRR you could move your PVE ship away from your capital to a remote area. Damn this is some revolutionary shit I'm spouting.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

Just now, Michael Corvinus said:

Read carefully. It is a game. A leisure activity for free time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Look for my post then. Accept the risk or sail something smaller

No offense intended, but i think you're repeating yourself without having adressed my argument:

10 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

If you want to unlock slots in a 1st rate you don't want to grind in a smaller ship!

... and some don't want to grind XP in PvP and Hostility Missions too!

11 minutes ago, Michael Corvinus said:

So I'm not allowed to jump your combat missions because it doesn't suit your game play style?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tac said:

It’s quicker and more rewarding-to take on an Ai fleet.

I agree, but I am now the only player from my clan online, , so I can't do that today because I will not be online when other members of my clan come online. This is what happens in life, not everyone is there at the same time. At the moment I can get in my ship keep refusing missions until I can get a safe mission and get some xp on my ship. This suits me today. Later on in the week I might be able to get a fleet and do some fleet missions which I think is more rewarding and fun. I have the CHOICE. Some players think that I should NOT have the CHOICE, because it doesn't fit in with their game meta. How is that good for the game and population retention/growth???

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

That's why we have mixed fleet composition of ships like princes and such that sail better upwind, not 25x mindless same ship. I hated 25vs25 Inger PBs.

Yeah because using prince's you cap circles in battles is so much fun... A solution is one circle. The reason 1 circle do not work in the old days is wind shifting again.. If wind shifting did not happen fleets that are defending will have to fight in one circle and be very careful not to sail to far downwind. 

... in my opinion the solution of the problem to get the players away of the safezones is the relation of risk and loot.

that means ...

If you like to do some missions without a high risk to get ganked or drawn in PVP you should be able to do this in the safezone but with less chance of good loot.

If you want to have better loot and rare items you should have to go for missions (and fleets) outside the safezone ...

Life could be so simple sometimes ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

They are games of the same genre. They have similar hardcore unforgiving mechanics.

I play EVE (more than 200 mills of SP here) and know that a titan cannot be compared to a first rate in this game.

And if you also play EVE you should know it as well

And you should know also that you can do lvl 4 missions absolutely safely in high sec provided only that you are able to use properly a scanner to scan down probes when you are missioning.

But do you play EVE?

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

Just now, Karpfanger said:

... in my opinion the solution of the problem to get the players away of the safezones is the relation of risk and loot.

that means ...

If you like to do some missions without a high risk to get ganked or drawn in PVP you should be able to do this in the safezone but with less chance of good loot.

If you want to have better loot and rare items you should have to go for missions (and fleets) outside the safezone ...

Life could be so simple sometimes ;)

This is what I would prefer to see

• Like 1

Looks good but limiting PVE mission cancellations is going to be incredibly annoying. I now have to sail all the way to grand anse or farther in a tanky PVE ship if I want to solo a 1st rate fleet order? no thanks, there are only so many hours in the day. These missions already give diminished rewards compared to random AI fleets, now you have to sail for even longer distances to get them. 

Other than that, looks awesome!

Edit also light ships are now just there fro the memes for anything but the shallows, two rounds of chain for a 6lb gun is nothing and they can't do much else in the thickness meta. Riperonis pickle/yacht adventures.

Edited by Capt Aerobane
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

Yeah because using prince's you cap circles in battles is so much fun... A solution is one circle. The reason 1 circle do not work in the old days is wind shifting again.. If wind shifting did not happen fleets that are defending will have to fight in one circle and be very careful not to sail to far downwind. 

I used to dislike the 3 circle system but I have come around. 1 circle seems like it will not work and it would involve very little strategy compared to PBs now.

Personally I would like some levolution style PB's i.e. destroy this fort now capture this point, now bombard the town etc.

5 minutes ago, Michael Corvinus said:

I agree, but I am now the only player from my clan online, , so I can't do that today because I will not be online when other members of my clan come online. This is what happens in life, not everyone is there at the same time. At the moment I can get in my ship keep refusing missions until I can get a safe mission and get some xp on my ship. This suits me today. Later on in the week I might be able to get a fleet and do some fleet missions which I think is more rewarding and fun. I have the CHOICE. Some players think that I should NOT have the CHOICE, because it doesn't fit in with their game meta. How is that good for the game and population retention/growth???

Yes you can, you just have to try.

6 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

Missions just drop trash now.

So a good solution would have been adding good loot if missions were outside safe zone keeping them dropping trash inside.

But of course this is not possible, since the aim of the patch is not giving all players a reward for the risk, but just granting the gankers a huger daily ration of easy PVP marks

Edited by victor
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, rediii said:

Oh I did

fleets, hosti, pvp, epics and missions allow you to grind xp on a 1st. You can do missions aswell with a risk involved.

You are not forced to anything. You only have to accept the risk or go for fleets or something else instead.

Ok, now i repeat myself...

1. Fleets in safe zone: Pain in the ass during prime time.

2. Hosti: Out of the safe zone (bad for those who want to grind ship XP in saftey & not reasonable at any time even if you want to have PvP.

3. Epic events: Well ... out of the safe zone ... & as far as i know you need a group of very good teamplayers - not everyone is that lucky.

4. Missions: Might be on the other side of Cuba but almost certainly not in the safe zone (speaking of the new system).

5. PvP: Well not everyone wants to grind ship XP in doing PvP - at least not for the bigger boats (3rd to 1st rates).

Do you see what i'm hitting at!?

It's just that not everybody wants to play the game like whole hearted PvPers might do.

If devs would let the cancelation system stay like it is, people would have more freedom to do what they like.

I don't think that the game gets better with the implementation of mechanics that force people to take greater risks - they rather should bait the players to try out more risky things.

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Corvinus said:

So you should have free reign to ruin other peoples play experience and have them leave to make you feel good? 

So you should have free reign to ruin other pvpers play experience by hiding in an imaginary safe zone just to make you feel good?

• Like 2