Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming Patch 23. Hercules, Tutorial and Map teaser

2 minutes ago, The Marinadtor said:

Is this a problem tho? How does the location of missions make the game more or less enjoyable? For those who like to sail they can cancel missions until they get one far away and those who don't can cancel missions until they get one close. Limiting this only forces a playstyles on players. So my question then becomes how does it affect anyone else where someones NPC mission is located?

sometimes missions are outside the safezone and sometimes inside. Normally people cancwl them until they spawn realy close in the safzone or next to forts etc. etc.

• Like 3

Just now, The Marinadtor said:

Is this a problem tho? How does the location of missions make the game more or less enjoyable? For those who like to sail they can cancel missions until they get one far away and those who don't can cancel missions until they get one close. Limiting this only forces a playstyles on players. So my question then becomes how does it affect anyone else where someones NPC mission is located?

If missions are outside safe zones, gankers can enter your mission and sink you with relative ease (you are already fighting a NPC of your level, in missions there are no reinforcement spawning and then you have to face a player as well). So basically giving PVP players more chance to easily sink missions runners is the ultimate reason of this change.

Edited by victor
  • Like 7

Just now, rediii said:

sometimes missions are outside the safezone and sometimes inside. Normally people cancwl them until they spawn realy close in the safzone or next to forts etc. etc.

So the purpose is to make people go out of the safe zones? Isn't the reason people do missions so they dont' have to worry about PVP? So new players can get a feel for the game without taking too big of a risk to sink with their maybe only ship due to lack of knowledge of the game. Why even have missions then if you only want to encourage PVP?

• Like 9

Just now, The Marinadtor said:

So the purpose is to make people go out of the safe zones? Isn't the reason people do missions so they dont' have to worry about PVP? So new players can get a feel for the game without taking too big of a risk to sink with their maybe only ship due to lack of knowledge of the game. Why even have missions then if you only want to encourage PVP?

carefull there ... I think there was a time when missions wasn't a thing. :D

• Like 2

Nice patch, with interesting new features.

The map i guess is a small developer map used for features testing. The idea is more to show the design than change current world map I imagine.

@admin I am wondering what missions are for in your mind. Is it content for seal clubbers to retain them or is it content for players grinding ship knowledge? either way I fear player retention will drop since PVE players will be jumped all over the place. Unless missions instantly close wherever it is then it does not matter.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rediii said:

Do we get a new map or something? I know that island is Cuba but the surrounding ports ... they are different

Nice work btw!

Smaller map incoming?

I hope so, There are way to many Ports.

A new smaller map will be refreshing.

More is not always better! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RKY said:

Nice patch, with interesting new features.

The map i guess is a small developer map used for features testing. The idea is more to show the design than change current world map I imagine.

@admin I am wondering what missions are for in your mind. Is it content for seal clubbers to retain them or is it content for players grinding ship knowledge? either way I fear player retention will drop since PVE players will be jumped all over the place. Unless missions instantly close wherever it is then it does not matter.

Why would they do that only reason for limit is forcing mission runners to go out and to give PvP players ganking targets

Edited by Lovec1990
  • Like 2

Just now, rediii said:

carefull there ... I think there was a time when missions wasn't a thing. :D

Well obviously I'm not advocating no missions. But I feel this change might be counter productive. If you want to have PVP you need captains comfortable with he controls, to get that you need missions that you can do safely without too big risks (like getting attacked by an experienced player on the way). This change I suspect will make it harder for you to get players to stick around long enough to consider going for the PVP. Anyhow I play mostly on the PVE server and this change only makes the game more tedious while giving nothing in reward in exchange. I think if the developers think this is a good thing to implement for PVP then why not treat the PVE server like a different server? They already do that with the admiralty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bloody Hound said:

I hope so, There are way to many Ports.

A new smaller map will be refreshing.

More is not always better! 

at the moment a smaller map would be good but if we have a release somedays and we have 3000+ players then we need a big map. it is weak to change the map size

• Like 3

Yeah this is a hello kittying great patch. 

As for PVE missions please code a feature to warn players in big red pop up text when there leaving the safe zone. This will allow new players complete transparency and reduce unecessary seal clubbing that causes the new guys to leave the game. 

Message should read.

You are leaving the safe zone. If attacked you will no longer be able to call in local reinforcements. Leave at your own risk. 

Seal clubbings bad. 

• Like 7

Just now, Capt Trashal Early said:

This will allow new players complete transparency and reduce unecessary seal clubbing that causes the new guys to leave the game. 

image.jpeg.42536dd6426ce49f6aaa73797b87a590.jpeg

You win!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Marinadtor said:

Combat Tutorial and Admiralty Exams are, in my point of view, the road to rank up, receive rewards ( including ship ) to progress into being a active and world changing master and commander in the Caribbean server.

Still, battles open for 3 minutes only if there's a need to do them, but the same effect can be done with attack AI ships in front of home ports inside the zone, where is safer ?!...

I'm wondering what changes will definitely hit the Pacific server ( pve ) but the cancellation of missions surely doesn't affect anything.

5 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

If you're going to restrict PvE Mission Cancellations might I suggest moving them closer to land? At Jamaica you can get a mission at KPR and it's miles north of the island for instance.

@admin

the same is in la habana

if you accept missions in la habana then you have the missions on the other side of cuba. we will lose many players when they have to sail 20min to their missions

• Like 8

1 hour ago, admin said:

Frigate ONLY patrols added to the rotation

Fantastic!

• Like 4

• OW enemy indications updated.
    • Ship rank indication removed, players will have to rely on the visual recognition.
      • Fleet composition now only shows size of the ship (S – small, M – medium, L – Large), as you can only see top sails from 20-30miles
  • PvE missions cancellations are now limited by 3 per day

Most things in this patch sound really good. However, I believe the two changes above are BAD. Eliminating the ship rate indicator is just going to make an already frustrating game, a bit more of a pain in the ass. Secondly, limiting PVE mission cancellations is absurd. The game is already low in content and now you want to make getting a close PVE mission rare. No one wants to sail 20 minutes just to do a mission. Im looking forward to most of the changes, but not the two listed above.

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, victor said:

Will the hercules frigate be granted as a single ship

"Use them wisely" seems to indicate it's a one-off thing.

People forget that mission spawn distance already is closer in the lower rank you are.  No more rear admirals cancelling missions over and over so they can grind first rates in peace.

Three a day is plenty for a casual player, who might only DO three missions in a day.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Christoph said:

at the moment a smaller map would be good but if we have a release somedays and we have 3000+ players then we need a big map. it is weak to change the map size

from what I know the server can only handle 2500 players and then a new yerver is needed. Am I wrong? I was not present in these days

two shots of chain per gun, so i guess we hope nobody takes sail repairs on board

the devs telling us how to play the game again

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rediii said:

from what I know the server can only handle 2500 players and then a new yerver is needed. Am I wrong? I was not present in these days

I started with the game there were 1500 players online. can not say that exactly

Just now, IceBurg said:

two shots of chain per gun, so i guess we hope nobody takes sail repairs on board

the devs telling us how to play the game again

I want to double ball all the time aswell. It's bad for the game but I realy want that!!!11

Lets try it first. ;)

• Like 5