Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch 23. Hercules, Tutorial and Map teaser

48 minutes ago, victor said:

can I send you a friendly warning point for joking with me? :D

Anyway at least here you finally were straight in your statements about the players you want or not in this game (well, it came two years and half after I paid the game, but I played and enjoyed this game for a crapton of hours so it's fair enough).

I guess me and others "hardcore carebears" can finally draw their conclusion about staying in the game or not.

I will not bother you anymore on the forum (but think about the colors of water proposal, since could be good)

So behind the veiled post does that mean you will move to the PVE server?Or will you miss the PvP?

2 minutes ago, Tac said:

So behind the veiled post does that mean you will move to the PVE server?Or will you miss the PvP?

nah, if I decide getting outta caribeean server I will just quit the game.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, victor said:

nah, if I decide getting outta caribeean server I will just quit the game.

Ah, so your intention was to turn PVP server into a PVE server. It's the only explanation for your refusal to join PVE server.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, admin said:

we are not trying to attract casual crowd - sorry. And NEVER planned or plan to. in fact there is no place where we ever said this is a casual friendly game. 

Funny fact! (kudos to all of you). NO-ONE HERE IS CASUAL. Even if you think you are casual YOU ARE NOT.

You are playing one of the most hardcore games. Think about it.
Full loot. There is no insurance too. Everything you carry with you is lost on death. Full gank almost anywhere. You can lose most ports forever. Some nations can lose access to admiralty (forever). You are not safe ANYWHERE. You have to sail for hours. Most ships must be built by players. No resources are provided by NPCs (only players). Game is 99% skill based. And can destroy enemy 25 to 0 even in smaller ships if you are skilled. There is no tutorial and interface is non-existent.

Dont tell me you are casual.

There NEVER were a single casual player in this game. You are all BAD HARDCORE M****ERS. excuse my french. EVEN if you are on the PVE server.

You mad bra! 

7 minutes ago, Cabral said:

Ah, so your intention was to turn PVP server into a PVE server. It's the only explanation for your refusal to join PVE server.

you had better stay silent, you just make people laugh at you!

2 hours ago, Oberon74 said:

I'm going to be very interested to see what happens with the reinforcement limits in the safe zone.  Does it mean that the reinforcement is the same level of the attacking players?  double their level in the same class of ships?  Some of the better players (not me yet) may be willing to accept that risk and plow through the AI's to get you.  Could make for some exciting fights.  Do you stick around and assist your AI friends or run like hell?

You better run

4 hours ago, Jim Broadreach said:

There are more Habors out there not only Charleston/KPR/Mort/Willem/Gust/Habana therer is a BIG-MAP in the NA-Menue where everybody can go out search a safer place to LvL-Ships where no big Ganksquads will appear.

My 2 cents

^this. The reason people only look on pvp players as gank squads is because the only place where there is pvp is around the reinforcement zones, and to be prepared for what you might face you get a fleet so maybe you can fight 10v25 or something like that, if that doesent happen then a 10v3 is a gank yes, but if the playerbase is spread across the map maybe its worth doing a tour de Caribbean for some hunting. When i started there wasnt any reinforcement zones, clans  were based out in the NA  world not just capital which it is now. 

Simple answer is if you don't like changes or can't adjust then go to PvE server.

If things are as unpopular as the forum seems to hint they are I'm sure the online amount of players will be enough to show maybe wasn't such a wise move.

Think thats what i will do when can't be bothered pvp-ing, sometimes one simply can't be bothered to run around the map for a few hours for a fight.

2 hours ago, admin said:

You can now relax sit back and enjoy the ride. PVP server will be full of risk and excitement. Safe zones will remain to help players rebuild, but there will be no absolute safety for higher ranks. Its a pvp server - its a real age of sail experience. Real captains fought real captains from time to time. This will remain .. forever. 

The problem isn't that folks don't want fights, the problem is your so called real captains don't fight each other.  They go and gank and kill noobs instead of fighting each other.  Why not let folks level up and get training and than come out when they feel like it, this would mean you have more folks to fight.  Instead when all they do is camp capitals which should not be PvP hot spots and not fight each other you loose players.  I get you want the game to be hard core and I don't mind that, but I also been playing this game over 2 years now and know how to quickly get back into the action.  The new guys it cost them dearly to loose that one good ship they have to a bunch of ELITE Players that refuse to go fight other ELITE players.  

You say you don't want casual players, well guess what if all them casual players stop playing you get NA:L and well know how well that test worked out.   You actually had a good balance for the safe zones and casuals but suddenly your starting to remove that cause more and more of the so called ELITE PvP aren't fighting each other and just hiding.  When was the last time Cart was attacked, or any of the Cooper ports?  Why aren't they attacking these ports, isn't that where the hot zones should be with tons of PvP/RvR going on between those major econ eras instead of places where folks are leveling up and getting backing so they can go out and fight and not struggle to regrow from being sunk?  

Tell me why we hardly ever see players killed in front of the Spain, Dutch, Dane, Swedes capitals?  Hell even the French?  Folks go camp and kill by KPR and US capital cause it has the most easy targets.  Easy targets that will stop playing your game and than they will have nothing to do.

NO one is asking for more safe zones or what not, what we are asking is stop changing things that aren't broken and work.   If these PvPers want more action than they should be hunting each other down, flipping each other ports, killing each other in the Patrol zones, not camping capitals.   

• Like 14

3 hours ago, admin said:

I really want you to explain to me.
Can you please elaborate or explain why did you choose pvp server and not pve server?

because I don't want solo only PvE, I want PvE/PvP game play.  This server not matter how much you want to call it a PvP server it is not a PvP only server.  I actually think the PvE server is a waste of space and useless in development and have no reason to go there.  I do enjoy the game and all aspects of it, but like many other games you got to let folks grow and level up in safety or they will stop playing your game.    How about you remind us how many folks went and played on NA:L a PvP only game, tell me again how many folks even got out of the basic cutter?   Only a few folks and those few are what we call die hard PvPers on here and they don't make up the majority of the game.  I don't even do missions myself, I grind open world fleets or hostility fleets, but i see the reason you need it.  Mainly cause I play in a nation that has the most causal and PvEer's per say.  What nation do you play in ADMIN?  I bet you it's not US or even GB?   When was the last time you got a new player in your clan that wasn't some one you brought from another game or Dev team?   Why are the PvPers not attacking each other ports?  Why are they not fighting each other?  Why do they need to farm capitals for newbs to kill all the time?  I love the PvP aspects of this game, but I also know we need the guys that love to trade, PvE and do the back ground work to make this game run.  You know the numbers of players that log in every day.  I'm going to bet you the majority of those players are causals that only log into the game for a few hours and don't go out hunting for PVP 100% of the time.  Yes they will PvP, but they don't want to do it 100% of the time.  There are *GASP* folks that actually like doing trade runs and running missions, learning new builds before they take them out and try them on other players.   I ask you what will happen if all those players leave right now, never log on again ever.  How many players will you have left if you have nothing but the pure PvP wolves left?  Show us the log in data from last week of how many players logged in each day and how many of them got a PvP kill or was killed in PvP compared to those that just logged in and did PvE/Trade runs.   I'm going to bet the number of none hard core PVP players is way more than folks try to play it off, and you won't show that data cause it will prove that you need the casual players to make the game work.

If you want a PvP only server than remove all safe zones, AI and missions and see how long this game last on nothing but pure PvP.

Better yet crank up a server with only that and see how man folks go play on it.  I bet it's numbers will be lower than the PvE only server.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, admin said:

Like in pubg - if you die you dont keep anything. Also we had battle circle of death BEFORE pubg.

regarding lineships
what does not work? I dont understand

Everything works to my opinion.

Losing first rate is somewhat painful - check. (but not really painful if you have production setup)
Replacing first rate is hard(er) - check (but not really painful if you have production set up)

It is the design . Working as intended
If you don't want to feel pain from the loss - sail a frigate (free from the NPCs). Or join a clan. Multiple large clans lose their first rates every day to prussia or @rediii and recover them with ease. 

1. PUBG vs. NA:

In PUBG you enter an arena, collect a few things that come in handy and fight. If you die, so what!? Start a new match collect things and ...

In NA you can spend hours in sailing, trading and thus collecting the ressources you need to craft a 1st rate. Than you equip it with nice upgrades. If that boat sinks you have a far more timeconsuming way back to where you've been (the nicely built and equipped 1st rate).

--> Imo you can't say these two games are similar to each other, if you focus on this particular aspect!

2. I don't have a problem with getting a replacement if i sink a ship!

BUT i am a member of one of the biggest and best organised clans in this game - at least that would be my guess.

Plus: I'm in a nation that has most of the time been on top of the conquest ranking for the last months.

That means i have all the ressources at hand needed to build big boats (including VMs).

If i lose a 1st rate i just need to call "@Suppenkelle please help!", and in most cases my new shiny ship would be waiting for me before i fnished the sentence.

I just try to view NA through the eyes of players which  ...

- are quite new to the game,

- play alone,

- play in small clans without the means of being able to incidentally replace well built 1st rates.

And i could imagine, that such a player would be quite frustrated if he or she loses a 1st rate although he or she just wanted to have a quick and relaxed PvE match after work / before going to bed.

Without the ability to decide where a mission spawns, such a frustration would be much more likely.

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

NO one is asking for more safe zones or what not, what we are asking is stop changing things that aren't broken and work.   If these PvPers want more action than they should be hunting each other down, flipping each other ports, killing each other in the Patrol zones, not camping capitals.

I agree with this, but as it is they are already camping capitals. But with these changes and with OW tagged AI battles already staying open in green zones, Capitals are now probably the least safe places to PvE. New players/PVE/slot grinding players would now be better off operating in more out of the way places, outside the protected Zone. This could be good, if new players are aware of this, camping capitals would then not be so prevalent because players would be spread more evenly across the map. But the worry is that in practice most newer players (who do not fully understand these mechanics) will simply risk running missions just outside the zone at their capital and tagging AI inside it, the sharks will be circling and these new players will be continually sunk, it will take too long to make gold and gain xp and they will quit. A lot depends on how strong the Ai reinforcements will be and how quickly players respond to the changes. We can only test it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

And i could imagine, that such a player would be quite frustrated if he or she loses a 1st rate although he or she just wanted to have a quick and relaxed PvE match after work / before going to bed.

Is this the game we want to play though? I think that when you set sail your ship should be at risk, there should be danger. If you want a quick relaxed battle before you go to bed (which is fine) then maybe best to play legends?

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo said:

Is this the game we want to play though? I think that when you set sail your ship should be at risk, there should be danger. If you want a quick relaxed battle before you go to bed (which is fine) then maybe best to play legends?

Can't it be both?

Like i said before i don't give a damn either way, if i don't like the new mechanics i simply will play something else.

Players camping capitals for easy kills though are not the type of players that should be supported,  they do nothing to help the game grow. Also they are not after challenging PvP i think, more they are after easy kills and PvP marks. Proof of this has been what has happened at KPR over the last month or 2,  a ship will ask for a fight and then 5 of his mates log in and join the battle....  how is crap like that helping anything? Sure it's a hoot for the gankers, but all it will do is disuade people from fighting them.... then they complain nobody PvP's. I bet it's the same group that complained about chain because when others joined battle they couldn't run like they normally do due to being chained and slowed which is only way to catch them often.

I've not played a lot recently but 90% of the time i would go out and solo PvP first as "Dibbler", then as "Herman the German" who i skilled up through 99% PvP.  I respect anyone who solo's but gank squads to kill noobs... man thats just kicking puppies.

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

I want to compliment the developers on their continued support of the game. They have really pushed pvp, and although difficult at first it really pushed me into it. Have I been sunk a lot? Of course. But now I’m sinking others as well. Beyond what is being done with this patch, which I support, I would like to see some things. 

-Greater variety in OW ships to capture. L’hermione, Endymion etc. 

-Make more ships craft able 

-A decrease in the speed meta game. I’m hoping the lack of chain shot does the trick by making tougher builds more useful. Closer action firing broadsides and sailing with tactics is a lot more fun that just running or chasing someone down to chain them. 

A captains skill should be just that. A SKILL, not just how fast his ship is. 

More real fighting, less kiting 

HUTCH78

Edited by Ehutchin78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you want a PvP only server than remove all safe zones, AI and missions and see how long this game last on nothing but pure PvP.

Better yet crank up a server with only that and see how man folks go play on it.  I bet it's numbers will be lower than the PvE only server.

agreed. if you aren't aiming for casuals, if you want your PvP server and full risk and reward. remove the safe zones, remove missions, make everything OW only. the truth hurts and we know what would happen.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

because I don't want solo only PvE, I want PvE/PvP game play.  This server not matter how much you want to call it a PvP server it is not a PvP only server.  I actually think the PvE server is a waste of space and useless in development and have no reason to go there.  I do enjoy the game and all aspects of it, but like many other games you got to let folks grow and level up in safety or they will stop playing your game.    How about you remind us how many folks went and played on NA:L a PvP only game, tell me again how many folks even got out of the basic cutter?   Only a few folks and those few are what we call die hard PvPers on here and they don't make up the majority of the game.  I don't even do missions myself, I grind open world fleets or hostility fleets, but i see the reason you need it.  Mainly cause I play in a nation that has the most causal and PvEer's per say.  What nation do you play in ADMIN?  I bet you it's not US or even GB?   When was the last time you got a new player in your clan that wasn't some one you brought from another game or Dev team?   Why are the PvPers not attacking each other ports?  Why are they not fighting each other?  Why do they need to farm capitals for newbs to kill all the time?  I love the PvP aspects of this game, but I also know we need the guys that love to trade, PvE and do the back ground work to make this game run.  You know the numbers of players that log in every day.  I'm going to bet you the majority of those players are causals that only log into the game for a few hours and don't go out hunting for PVP 100% of the time.  Yes they will PvP, but they don't want to do it 100% of the time.  There are *GASP* folks that actually like doing trade runs and running missions, learning new builds before they take them out and try them on other players.   I ask you what will happen if all those players leave right now, never log on again ever.  How many players will you have left if you have nothing but the pure PvP wolves left?  Show us the log in data from last week of how many players logged in each day and how many of them got a PvP kill or was killed in PvP compared to those that just logged in and did PvE/Trade runs.   I'm going to bet the number of none hard core PVP players is way more than folks try to play it off, and you won't show that data cause it will prove that you need the casual players to make the game work.

6 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

agreed. if you aren't aiming for casuals, if you want your PvP server and full risk and reward. remove the safe zones, remove missions, make everything OW only. the truth hurts and we know what would happen.

>2018
>Playing NA unironically
>Playing NA not from regret of not being able to get refund

>Not realising Devs see us less as customers more like subservient annoyances

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Edited by PenguPirate
  • Like 5