Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch 23. Hercules, Tutorial and Map teaser

1 hour ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I mean those 200 players are the only ones leaving the safe zone then there will be no difference. If a player spends 99% of his or her time in the safe zone then what are they doing on a PVP server? Even traders leave the safe zone.

Wow, you refuse to open your eyes to what others are saying.  Other people paid for this game...They have a right to play it however they want.  Stop whining about what other people are doing.  As soon as you say "Other players should do it this way", you are throwing away any credibility you might have. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cecil Selous said:

Can we not just disable joining missions of other players. I don't need that to be honest. Groups should still be able to join them together but we would have less griefing and ganking of new players in missions if the enemy can't. And people can also do missions outside the zones risk free (well, ok the way to the mission can be risky).

For the most part new player missions spawn within the safe zone and close instantly to other players. A Rear Admiral's missions will spawn farther away from port and is more likely to be outside the safe zone.

2 minutes ago, Cecil Selous said:

Can we not just disable joining missions of other players. I don't need that to be honest. Groups should still be able to join them together but we would have less griefing and ganking of new players in missions if the enemy can't. And people can also do missions outside the zones risk free (well, ok the way to the mission can be risky).

That would bring us back, where we've already been two years ago. Groups taking a lot of missions and use them as safe hiding-spots when attacked...

Just now, Oberon74 said:

Wow, you refuse to open your eyes to what others are saying.  Other people paid for this game...They have a right to play it however they want.  Stop whining about what other people are doing.  As soon as you say "Other players should do it this way", you are throwing away any credibility you might have. 

Those players are cool to do what ever they like. Just don't complain about PVP on a PVP server. PVE server exists for a reason. If you are only interested in PVE I suggest you move to the designated server for your own mental health.

32 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I agree with you in principle, but PUBG is a ridiculous comparison and you know it.  I don't have to sail for 2 hours to find a 1.5 hour fight in PUBG.  When I go out and kill off a bunch of new players who can't even manual sail and probably don't have the money to replace even the storebought ships + cannons + repairs they're in without a few full days of grinding... this isn't the same as dying and clicking respawn with exactly the same loadout and an even playing field with everyone else.

Be honest when you assess the changes you're making and the players you're catering to.

@admin

Exactly this!

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Thats right...  they paid the same and the Devs have given them an entire server (PvE) based on their playstyle preference... on a PvP or even "mixed" server, you're SUPPOSED to care about what other people are doing....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Yes, but you and I are masochists and the ultra-niche players that are willing to put up with numerous sharp corners. Not to mention we don't mind PvP.

The casual players on which this game will live or die post-release are not well served by any of these changes. If they aren't, then we'll be back to life support where we're at now within a year.

I agree with Wraith i can't see how we will keep new players this way.  Or maybe if the they have to do missions outside the safezone the missions close immediately that way they still have a risk to get to the missions ??  

Edited by Jake463

To be honest i don't think the changes will help at all with player retention, the changes seem to be there to favour capital area noob killers (lowering rienforcements and stopping players choosing new missions which will inevitably mean they get hammered first mission that spawns outside safe zone).   Perhaps some middle ground would be to allow low ranked players to cancel missions outside the safe area the safe area and the limit comes in when reaching a set rank. For me isn't really any hassle as played without safe area's in past, but can see for newer players may be a  bit to much.

The only issue i have is with limiting chain shot while not limiting other types of ammo, also repair mechanics are crazy when people have all the buffs. I simply don't understand why the change has been brought in tbh, I would have thought limiting amounts of repairs ships can do in a battle instance would have been a better move. Also limiting Ammo amount and giving weights to each type of ammo so players can choose their "load out".

I'll give it a try though when time permits.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Michael Corvinus said:

lol you are a serious thick head. This is the last reply I will give to someone as stupid as you. keep on trolling others if you wish lol

"Reading what you say makes me think  that you don't care if people leave or not. You are happy to get their initial buying in fee and that's it."

Dude they changed a very minor mechanic and you are basically saying they don't care about their product and just want the money.

2 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Those players are cool to do what ever they like. Just don't complain about PVP on a PVP server. PVE server exists for a reason. If you are only interested in PVE I suggest you move to the designated server for your own mental health.

There is PVP and there is ganking.  Don't mix the two. Taking a mission outside of the green zone is a death sentence.  I do missions, OW trading, Patrols, and I hunt outside (still suck at it).  That's the way I want to play.  You have no right to tell me I'm doing it wrong because of your idea of how the game SHOULD be played.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Tell me were is the difference between patrol and pubg. In my opinion there is none. It's last man standing with shrinking circle. Even the sail can be done in 5mins from a close Freetown. Difference is only OW hunting but people don't have to. There is an easy option if they would actually look for pvp (fighting) but most people look for easy winning so they rather sail hours then just a few mins. Not game fault. Players fault.

If you read @Wraith‘s post more carefully you will notice that it isn’t about the PvP zone battle mechanic and PUBG!

It‘s about the difference of a simple respawn and the need to collect ressources for a few hours to be able to replace a lost ship!

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

There is PVP and there is ganking.  Don't mix the two. Taking a mission outside of the green zone is a death sentence.  I do missions, OW trading, Patrols, and I hunt outside (still suck at it).  That's the way I want to play.  You have no right to tell me I'm doing it wrong because of your idea of how the game SHOULD be played.

Ganking is a part of PVP learn to deal with it. Leaving the safe zone is not a death sentence as you have been led to believe. Capital getting camped? Teleport across the map to a freeport. Can't do a quick mission with complete immunity? Teleport across the map and pull a mission there. I am not telling you how to play, just giving you a dose of reality. There are other players in the game and their goals may have a negative impact on you but that is part of the game.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 2

I'm so glad I didnt have this many people trying to "protect" me when I was a noob way back when....  

Most likely I would have stayed in the "safe zone" and never got my arse kicked over and over again, all the while learning from my mistakes and getting better...

Then I would have gotten bored and left.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

If you read @Wraith‘s post more carefully you will notice that it isn’t about the PvP zone battle mechanic and PUBG!

It‘s about the difference of a simple respawn and the need to collect ressources for a few hours to be able to replace a lost ship!

You don't have. You can capture any ship up to 5th and player ships without exception. Devs gave us an easy way and a somewhat hard way. If you don't want to you can play the game without much effort. It's our fault if we don't do it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Project Pluto said:

Also, I believe the biggest fail design of NA is that they let new guys being exterminated by Vets right from the start. I would add Safety Flag that can be purchased and worn until players get to a proper Rank (4th rate). This game is suffering huge player base losses right every time new player is jumped and killed and sadly no one can see the problem here. 

Restrict trader ships and shift them to 4th rate rank (talking about cargo quantity). Have new guys chill with 500 cargo space until 4th rate rank to prevent alts from ruining the game. Why in the world you let new created alts sail 3000 cargo ships right from the start? Add missions and rank restriction before max cargo is unlocked. 

We will have new guys protected, trying new waters without risk and slowly adapting. Once they reach 4th rate rank remove safety and allow high cargo space trader ships. Easy?

I am specialized as a trader (lower-hour players need pick a focus) and I don't use alts.

Don't screw with the cargo capacity.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It honestly blows my mind they don't understand you got to give the sheep places to graze and grow so you can hunt them later.  To many wolves and not enough sheep is bad.  We need to get MORE sheep in games and to have a healthy server pop and we aren't doing things to do that.

The sheep will eventually get curious and come out to play...

6 hours ago, admin said:

Hercules frigate. (also known as Fragata Hercules or Fragata Negra)

xYvunky.jpg
IFVJTey.jpg

Any one got the API data on this ship?  I was just wondering what the gun lay out is going to be.  Is it going to maybe have some decks share like the prince does cause it looks like it has three decks of guns.  Wiki has this listed as it's cannons.  Which the last part 6 guns stones?  Aren't those Mortars?  Could we maybe gotten an updated ship with the option to have mortars?  I don't see any on the screen, but would be interesting.

4 guns of 24 pounds 
8 guns of 18 pounds 
12 guns of 8 lbs 
6 guns of 6 lbs 
6 guns stone

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

But that doesnt mean those people should do it in complete safety

They won’t be completely safe with the new reinforcement mechanics.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

All the time people talk about immersion, about realism. Where is that realism when you can choose your mission in complete safety?

Where is the realism in ...

a shrinking circle of death?

teleports?

always going full sails?

the almost non existent damage done by raming others?

the impossibility of getting wrecked by storms?

little circles everyone wants to capture in pb instances?

almost unlimited repairs?

Some things need to be fixed, some are there just because it’s a game which should be fun for lots of people and which can‘t be as real as reality is!

In case of the ability to decide where you want a mission to be, I think it should be a gift - although unrealistic - to the casual players which can‘t afford playing lots of hours a day, to those who enjoy relaxing during a mission in the safe zone as well as PvP when they‘ve got the time for it!

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, pit said:

@admin Can you explain chain shot to me, you said 2 shots per cannon, does this include stern/bow chasers? How will this effect catching someone who is running?

You will get 2 shots of chain for each gun, but you can use them wherever you want. So if you sail the Surprise, she has 38 side guns + 6 chasers = 44 total guns. This means the Surprise will get a total of 88 chain shots. You can shoot them all from your bow chasers over time, or you can shoot them out in broadsides.

This is how double shot and double charge work :)