Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch 23. Hercules, Tutorial and Map teaser

Awesome .

much appreciated is the new clan log feature , many thx for that :) it was needed .

Clan logs added

• Money log – showing money and pvp/combat mark deposits and withdrawals
  • Resource log – showing everything else

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 4

Thank you.

Tutorial especially will be a good comeback after own hardwipe to test it.

Map UI has a sense of belonging, I applaud the UG/wargame look approach rather than a "too much nautical" charts feel. Thumbs up.

The Fragata Negra is a great addition for a privateer like myself :) . Interesting choice, honestly surprised.

The whole mechanics tweaks look good in the overall scheme. Let's see how they work out.

• Like 3

Thank you for all! :)

New frigate patrols should be very fun, clan logs were a strong need, new visualisation of enemy ships is more immersive (but should give an advantage to experimented players)

As explained elsewhere, I just have no doubt that chain limitation to 2 shots per gun gives another advantage to gankers (and though, another loss of new players, who are the main target of gankers)... But let's test and see.

Edited by Eleazar de Damas
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, admin said:

PvE missions cancellations are now limited by 3 per day

I think almost every change here is welcome and will make the game better or more interesting. I am however curios why a limit on mission cancellations will be added, what this change is meant to address?

2 minutes ago, The Marinadtor said:

I think almost every change here is welcome and will make the game better or more interesting. I am however curios why a limit on mission cancellations will be added, what this change is meant to address?

simple mission runners cancel missions that have bad locations

7 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

simple mission runners cancel missions that have bad locations

Is this a problem tho? How does the location of missions make the game more or less enjoyable? For those who like to sail they can cancel missions until they get one far away and those who don't can cancel missions until they get one close. Limiting this only forces playstyles on players. So my question then becomes how does it affect anyone else beside the mission taker where its NPC mission is located?

Edited by The Marinadtor
  • Like 1

Just now, The Marinadtor said:

Is this a problem tho? How does the location of missions make the game more or less enjoyable? For those who like to sail they can cancel missions until they get one far away and those who don't can cancel missions until they get one close. Limiting this only forces a playstyles on players. So my question then becomes how does it affect anyone else where someones NPC mission is located?

If missions are outside safe zones, gankers can enter your mission and sink you with relative ease (you are already fighting a NPC of your level, in missions there are no reinforcement spawning and then you have to face a player as well). So basically giving PVP players more chance to easily sink missions runners is the ultimate reason of this change.

Edited by victor
  • Like 7

Just now, rediii said:

sometimes missions are outside the safezone and sometimes inside. Normally people cancwl them until they spawn realy close in the safzone or next to forts etc. etc.

So the purpose is to make people go out of the safe zones? Isn't the reason people do missions so they dont' have to worry about PVP? So new players can get a feel for the game without taking too big of a risk to sink with their maybe only ship due to lack of knowledge of the game. Why even have missions then if you only want to encourage PVP?

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, rediii said:

Do we get a new map or something? I know that island is Cuba but the surrounding ports ... they are different

Nice work btw!

Smaller map incoming?

I hope so, There are way to many Ports.

A new smaller map will be refreshing.

More is not always better! 

• Like 5