Game-Labs Forum
RKY

hostility poll

if you had the choice regarding port battle grinding, which alternative would you prefer  

36 members have voted

1. 1. if you had the choice regarding port battle grinding, which alternative would you prefer

• remove hostility missions, and make clan pay ressources to have pb minimum 2 days later maximum 7 days later at a time of your choice (within timer).
    • reverse hostility mission to the previous version (4 mission 100%)
    • bring the flag mechanic back
    • tweak current hostility missions
    • other

pvp hosti 

buy a flag with money or pvp mark

when the flag reaches the port is 24 h later a pvp battle with a shrinking circle near the port

when the attacking fleet win this battle is 24h later a pb

the defenders have 2 ways to avoid the pb

1. to sink the ship with the flag

2. to win the pvp battle

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 3

Flag mechanics with some rework...

it was very funny work to discover the flag ship, usually supported with other ships. They had to reach the targetted port in a time limited by a windows (hostility operation timer) 

Edited by Magallanes

Raids for instant RvR action. Be succesful and you have a PB the following day.

Ressources, gold, marks are quite relative to many factors like clan size, nation position in the caribbean and access to those ressources... Very hard to find the good balance.

Edited by Intrepido

other: leave it alone

and a flag mechanisme, for ruling out other clans in the same nation getting the port hostility on their name..

(so it is clear who is and becomes the owner of the port when it is decided  in the nation or among clans for example)

(and also with a flag money is involved [ war eats money:))]  )

flag can only be  bought by officers of a clan

flag can only be bought by a pos standing +1  (future standing issue not relevant atp)

Edited by Thonys

hostility is a working thing with more players.

Why not flags? Because timers.

So other: don't tweak it (except needed hostility so it doesnt take as much time anymore)

• Like 1

Other, I hate hostility however i think removing it and replacing it with something else is a step backwards. Adding on would be better.

What i mean is keep hostility for people who like the PvE content and can contribute to RvR but add on other ways of increasing hostility which are more... interesting.

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 4

Flags were instant fun, lots of interest and activity at once, scrambling when you saw the big announcement pop up on the screen, and allowed for overnight unexpected changes.  Hostility has been flawed from the start.  Bring back flags.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Flags were instant fun, lots of interest and activity at once, scrambling when you saw the big announcement pop up on the screen, and allowed for overnight unexpected changes.  Hostility has been flawed from the start.  Bring back flags.

Alts will buy your flags and block you.

Others.

Let's do hostility by missions or openworldpve or pvp.

But bring a relation between port BR and hostility ship BR. The current system make ports with less BR nearly undefendable, means the announcement of 25% in combat news appears and they are nearly done. Hostilty in 10 1st-rates for a port of ~2500Br is instantly done (there are a lot of ports with less BR in deep water). Normaly these hostility fleets can't be intercepted.

Well defenders have to wait till next evening and fight the port battle.

In the end does not matter how it works but couple things need to be accomplished.

1. It has to be PvP. I know people who quit because of hostility PvE missions, PvE is not something that you want from your end game PvP content.

2. People login after work, chat in team speak what they are going to do and sail to war. It has to be something that people can organized. Flag system is one option.

3. Would be the best if you could organize attackers and defenders so that there is not much wait time.

4. Reward has to be set so that people want to participate. EVEN FOR LOSING SIDE!

5. BR and Rate limits make better battles.

6. Realistic is not always the best option. Would be ok to me if you could summon people to battle. Better to have unrealistic than make people wait 1 hour or even 1.5 hours for possible nothing.

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

Doesn't always happen and so what if it does.

Oh boy... endless griefing for one. Let say I block any attempt of yours to attack any of my ports by purchasing the flag myself. :) Nothing new, progriefgamer clans seems very fertile in using all these loopholes.

But by all means Sir, let's do it your way. The old salt already dried out on the walls. Time to renew it.

Hostility to reserve flag, then Leader or Officers from the clan that raised it can purchase flag.

Hm interesting answers on all sides.

let me make another poll since this one can be improved in choices. This is for admin and dev understanding of the comunity wishes.

thank you for voting :)

image.png.3c18ab959f0e37b660f675ae1dc09d16.png

Not even worth a half full glass of statistics.

Maybe the Poll options were too much "orientated to a specific outcome" apart from the "meaningless" Other option. (?)

*shrugs*

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RKY said:

Hm interesting answers on all sides.

let me make another poll since this one can be improved in choices. This is for admin and dev understanding of the comunity wishes.

thank you for voting :)

Make a neutral one next time 

@rediii @Hethwill since you are online and active participant of the forum. anything else here?

first question changed to: Would you want hostility to be possibly raised multiple ways? (says hostility mission remains, but you can also raise hostility through new mechanics)

image.thumb.png.8071a87b81652ca5da2e2f00fcb3a929.png

Edited by RKY

3 minutes ago, RKY said:

@rediii @Hethwill since you are online and active participant of the forum. anything else here?

image.thumb.png.8071a87b81652ca5da2e2f00fcb3a929.png

add a question if portbattles should be a 2 daynoperation. (so PB not on the same day of flag or whatever mechanic)

• Like 1