Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Banished Privateer

FFA Ports Teleport

Question

Why can other nations not teleport to FFA ports? It only gives alts superior advantage over normal accounts in other nations. Also, it is a big waste of time for the casual player to sail from Port A to Port B every time he wants to put or update or check his contracts and sail back or going for PvP. Question is why FFA ports are handicapped that much and is it intended? I see no positives to that mechanic, maybe someone will enlighten me. 

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 8

8 answers to this question

8 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Because the owners of said port could close the port screwing over players that had outposts there.

It also punishes the owners for opening the port. Enemies can already hide in port and now they can teleport away?

It does not punish them. Opening the port is a deliberate choice with positives and negatives. But if it is a free for all port TP must be available too.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Because the owners of said port could close the port screwing over players that had outposts there.

It also punishes the owners for opening the port. Enemies can already hide in port and now they can teleport away?

1. Port cannot be closed instantly, only after maintenance. You can still dock in, claim your contracts or move out your stuff. If you log out in such ports, you can be also "screwed up". 

2. Punishes the owners? So if you feel "punished", don't open your port. What's your problem?

• Like 1

Yeah, when i was heading to Nassau when it was open with a trade fleet and logged out. Came in a few days later and was to lazy to sail back to a port where i can take a normal ship to do a bit leveling was anoying that i must sail first to Shroud. It woud be a nice to have if the teleport where avaible for those ports in the most cases players got there an outposts. So they shoud be able to teleport to those outposts.

13 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Why can other nations not teleport to FFA ports? It only gives alts superior advantage over normal accounts in other nations. Also, it is a big waste of time for the casual player to sail from Port A to Port B every time he wants to put or update or check his contracts and sail back or going for PvP. Question is why FFA ports are handicapped that much and is it intended? I see no positives to that mechanic, maybe someone will enlighten me. 

If the owning clan handles it properly this has the potential to significantly boost the economic output of a FFA port.  As a trader I am really liking this. 

12 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Actually what it means is that port owners need to pay attention to the local raiders.  if they want the added output from the FFA they will need to run patrols to keep the area clear. 

I just left a clan that wanted me to trade out of a particular port but were apparently too busy trying to take more ports rather than spend any effort protecting the space around what what they already captured.

6 hours ago, admin said:

its coming next patch

What is coming?  It moves folks comments so not sure what your commenting about. If your saying we can telport to FFA towns than that is bad, folks will never be seen out side cause most folks only use FFA at high product/trafic ports with copper and Cart in them mainly.  They can pop in, produce the mat and than pop out with the mat and never have to bring anything in or out other than the basic cutter to set up.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan