Game-Labs Forum

Ship Crafting Resource Calculator and Price Estimate

I've made a calculator for working out what materials you need to make, what resources you will need and a price estimate of ship construction.

Click here for spreadsheet glory!

I'm a PVE player so the prices might be different for you.  If you intend to change anything except using the drop down boxes(like resource prices) please make your own copy of it by going under "File" and then pressing the "Make a copy" option. The spreadsheet is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license which basically means if you decide to copy it (and maybe make changes to it) and share it with people you still have to give appropriate credit to the original creators.

A small note is that the calculation for Crew Space trim is currently wrong for the additional canvas rolls, I simply didn't realize that it changes with the trim but might fix it at a later date.

Edited by The Marinadtor
  • Like 12

Ah, I love it when people who know their shit make stuff. ;)

I'm gonna use this to get better at making good looking and functional spreadsheets.

When you have motivation you should go on and integrate cannon and upgrade crafting too, doesn't the completionist in you already cry out? :P

It's been a while since I've looked at these things myself, so I can't tell by a quick glance; Do you base resource cost on own production or shop prices?

It was a while since I did the prices, but if I remember correctly it is the price of harvesting one log or what have you(not including the LH) and for things like compass wood and woods that spawn the price is often an estimate of the median price you can find it for, adjusted so that the 4x price roughly reflects the cost of buying it in KPR, which on the PVE server is the main trading hub.

The price estimate was never a main feature, more something I added to get a rough idea of acceptable prices for ships.

Edited by The Marinadtor
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Marinadtor said:

I've made a calculator for working out what materials you need to make, what resources you will need and a price estimate of construction.

Click here for spreadsheet glory!

I'm a PVE player so the prices might be different for you.  If you intend to change anything except using the drop down boxes(like resource prices) please make your own copy of it by going under "File" and the pressing then "Make a copy" option. The spreadsheet is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license which basically means if you decide to copy it (and maybe make changes to it) and share it with people you still have to give appropriate credit to the original creators.

A small note is that the calculation for Crew Space trim is currently wrong for the additional canvas rolls, I simply didn't realize that it changes with the trim but might fix it at a later date.

Good job.Thanks :)

The Labour Contracts you can buy 10 of for 150 Combat Marks on the PVE server that gives me 1 LC/15 CM. You get roughly 1 CM per every 10 000 gold in a battle(atleast on the PVE server). If you were to sell you CM for 10 000 gold each on the PVE server they would be all bought within the hour. Therefor the Labour Contracts are estimated as 150 000 gold. If I look now in KPR on the PVE server someone is trying to buy LC for 130 000 gold each(low balling) and people are trying to buy CM for 10 000 each.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks beautiful!! Much more than my sheets, actually. :)

I think for the Ocean the amount of oak logs actually needed is lower. You're calculating 1056 whereas the receipt in game just asks for 605. For the Santi and the few other ships I checked the numbers matched, but not for the Ocean (T/WO build). You might want to look into it again.

Good work!

I guess the 100 CM for the Ocean are for the permit on PVE Server as you guys either don't have victory marks or you can buy them for 100 CM? The number of CM does not scale up when you intend to build more than 1 1st rate.

Edited by Suppenkelle
found another one :)

10 hours ago, Suppenkelle said:

Looks beautiful!! Much more than my sheets, actually. :)

I think for the Ocean the amount of oak logs actually needed is lower. You're calculating 1056 whereas the receipt in game just asks for 605. For the Santi and the few other ships I checked the numbers matched, but not for the Ocean (T/WO build). You might want to look into it again.

Good work!

I guess the 100 CM for the Ocean are for the permit on PVE Server as you guys either don't have victory marks or you can buy them for 100 CM? The number of CM does not scale up when you intend to build more than 1 1st rate.

Thank you :) Yes the oak planks was wrong for the L'o, thank you and now it is fixed. 100 CM is indeed the price to buy a victory mark on the PVE server, and as I play PVE I made the tool for myself. Also fixed the CM not scaling.

• 6 months later...