Game-Labs Forum

38 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The problem is still the spam of PBs your proposal could generate.

And is quite hard to balance the correct number of gold/ressources/marks. You have to take into account every type of clan size.

Cost is according to port BR of course. BR defines the cost of a war expedition.

I don't see the problem with PB spam. it is content. Even if the clan doesn't show up, nation's random can show up instead. lots of port owner movement is all I see.

Edited by RKY

15 minutes ago, RKY said:

Cost is according to port BR of course. BR defines the cost of a war expedition.

I don't see the problem with PB spam. it is content. Even if the clan doesn't show up, nation's random can show up instead. lots of port owner movement is all I see.

Empty PB is content, but a dull one. With 700 guys at peak times you really cant seriously think all PBs will be contested.

people want pb and pvp.

people don't want hostilities. You think pb will be empty? I know for a fact they wont in most cases.

let's make a poll actually.

Edited by RKY

Hostility itself is a good system, dutch and danes see it day after day at maracaibo.

The problem is the low playernumbers else there would be pb's trough pvp because people defend the ports.

Also right now people are scared or something to attack ports that are very valueable for the attacked nation.

KOTO example : why not flip a prussian portbor jeremiebor some other port of value ... instead you guys go for a spanish port noone gives a hello kitty about. Don't argue that hostility is boring in this case

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rediii said:

KOTO example : why not flip a prussian portbor jeremiebor some other port of value ... instead you guys go for a spanish port noone gives a hello kitty about. Don't argue that hostility is boring in this case

Why do you make it about koto? it is not about koto, not about pirates. it is about pve grinding which is boring and time consuming.

most people play at best 3 hours in the evening, most people will rather play another game to have fun rather than travel 30 min in ow doing nothing then fight ia for another 2 hours then sail back for 30 min.

the whole concept is wrong. You can't have a decent player base when you make the game so time demanding.

Edited by RKY

2 hours ago, RKY said:

people want pb and pvp.

people don't want hostilities. You think pb will be empty? I know for a fact they wont in most cases.

let's make a poll actually.

My experience says otherwise. I have been playing since Feb 2016 and have many hours ingame and in forums.

People WILL spam PBs to get easy victories. This is a fact that we have seen soooooooo many times. If you dont pay attention, it is your problem.

Edited by Intrepido

3 minutes ago, RKY said:

Why do you make it about koto? it is not about koto, not about pirates. it is about pve grinding which is boring and time consuming.

most people play at best 3 hours in the evening, most people will rather play another game to have fun rather than travel 30 min in ow doing nothing then fight ia for another 2 hours then sail back for 30 min.

the whole concept is wrong. You can't have a decent player base when you make the game so time demanding.

From the way the game works it is not made for people that play 30 min in the evening.

I made the KOTO example because you did hosti yesterday and you are in the clan.

Everytime the dutch wanted to flip maracaibo pvp happened. Why? Because they use the port.

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

My experience says otherwise. I have been playing since Feb 2016 and have many hours ingame and in forums.

what does your experience tell you about the constant player base decline? obviously the current mechanics have something to do with it.

1 minute ago, rediii said:

From the way the game works it is not made for people that play 30 min in the evening.

I made the KOTO example because you did hosti yesterday and you are in the clan.

Everytime the dutch wanted to flip maracaibo pvp happened. Why? Because they use the port.

i see your point. but are these battles fair? I doubt it, currently the only way to get a fair fight is a port battle due to the BR limitation.

It is easy to get pvp, just sail to KPR or somewhere, but it won't be fair. Be too big a group, there wont be a fight. Be too small a group, well that will hardly be a fight.

if you do hostilitiy mission you are 10 per mission, versus 10 1st rate, if enemy joins, you are again not in a fair fight.

Just now, RKY said:

what does your experience tell you about the constant player base decline? obviously the current mechanics have something to do with it.

1. Taxes. Paying 600k for ports? No one would risk ships that worth millions for a dot in the map which make you even grind more to pay its upkeep.

2. PVP patrol zone: gank or be ganked. A failure.

3. NO CONTENT FOR CASUALS.

4. Lots of reinforcement zones that kills OW hunting.

In short, RvR, PvP, PvE... all in bad shape. Result: players leaving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

1. Taxes. Paying 600k for ports? No one would risk ships that worth millions for a dot in the map which make you even grind more to pay its upkeep.

2. PVP patrol zone: gank or be ganked. A failure.

3. NO CONTENT FOR CASUALS.

4. Lots of reinforcement zones that kills OW hunting.

In short, RvR, PvP, PvE... all in bad shape. Result: players leaving.

and yet you are against a mechanic unleashing unlimited port battle content and time saving.

Just now, RKY said:

and yet you are against a mechanic unleashing unlimited port battle content and time saving.

Yes of course.

Against a mechanic that will make RvR more meaningless than now.

Why will I attack a port if the next week I can lose it along with  more 10 ports? That was the stupid flag system. A system as bad as your proposal.

11 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Yes of course.

Against a mechanic that will make RvR more meaningless than now.

Why will I attack a port if the next week I can lose it along with  more 10 ports? That was the stupid flag system. A system as bad as your proposal.

says current mechanic is bad because it gives no good content, but does not want to have fighting content. beside you don't necessarily loose it. it is up to you to defend it.

Note that calendar could be made in a way no multi flip is possible on a single clan.

Edited by RKY

8 minutes ago, RKY said:

says current mechanic is bad because it gives no good content, but does not want to have fighting content. beside you don't necessarily loose it. it is up to you to defend it.

Note that calendar could be made in a way no multi flip is possible on a single clan.

10 ports at the same time? Dude, really? Which nation or clan can defend 10 ports at the same time?

Do you have alts?

If multifliping is not possible against the same clan, then I can make that one of my alts buy the flag so I´ll be always safe from enemy attacks.

Do you see? Both situations happened with the flag system. Were you playing then?

Edited by Intrepido

who's talking about flag?

you could simply have a calendar, pay an expedition for a pb at a specific date and time based on timer if any. limit the number of port battle per clan to something like 1 a day  and max 2 in a single day. no nation / clan can attack the defending and attacking clan at that timer.

of course since it's a calendar thing, both defender and attacker have time to organize themselves. the better play of the port battle get the port.

no mission hostility abuse, no multi flip. only good fun fleet battle.

15 minutes ago, RKY said:

So you can make a port unnattackable with enough altclans

To your things before. Is RvR supposed to be fair? I say no it's not. Part of RvR is the number of people you can gather and also alliances etc.

What RvR is not is even battles. 

Instead of changing the whole system yet again gweak it the right way and finalize it instead. Needed tweaking is atm the time needed for hosti

4 minutes ago, RKY said:

who's talking about flag?

you could simply have a calendar, pay an expedition for a pb at a specific date and time based on timer if any. limit the number of port battle per clan to something like 1 a day  and max 2 in a single day. no nation / clan can attack the defending and attacking clan at that timer.

of course since it's a calendar thing, both defender and attacker have time to organize themselves. the better play of the port battle get the port.

no mission hostility abuse, no multi flip. only good fun fleet battle.

I disagree. the best moments I had were for a part in hostilityactions.

The russian attack on les gonaives

The hostility around la tortue

The hostility in Maracaibo

Defending against hostility

etc..

I dont realy see a problem with hosti except the time needed for it and the flow if information for the defender (25% might be too late)

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

So you can make a port unnattackable with enough altclans

To your things before. Is RvR supposed to be fair? I say no it's not. Part of RvR is the number of people you can gather and also alliances etc.

What RvR is not is even battles. 

Instead of changing the whole system yet again gweak it the right way and finalize it instead. Needed tweaking is atm the time needed for hosti

And encourage people to do hostility by rewarding them with something more useful that basic carpentry mods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Because we dont have the numbers or quality to fight a nation like Prussia. (Braces for incoming barrage of text)

:) 

16 hours ago, Capt Trashal Early said:

Because we dont have the numbers or quality to fight a nation like Prussia. (Braces for incoming barrage of text)  :)

It's good, because we don't have it either.

Concerning point 1: hostility has to be shown instantly after an NPC vessel sank. Is this possible (e.g. pvp points are shown in leaderboard even if the battle isn't finished as far as i know)?

Or better: show in combat news when battlegroup takes hostility missions (let's say three to five per group) for a certain port. We could even invent the "hostility group" that doesn't have a group leader (in case of dc's). For possible exploits plz provide feedback (sry rediii if I abuse ur topic).

On point 2: why the overall BR sunk? Why not the BR sunk on the enemy's side to count for your team? Tweak numbers (50% perhaps as now they look okayish for overall BR). I mean do I want to get rewarded for the enemy's performance? For both ways exploits come to mind anyways: overall BR: arrange pb with "allied" nation, take shop ships, sail out, make sure everybody gets killed. Bigger ports: build oak/oak or fir/fir bellonas, use medium guns do the same, get super chest. ezpz.

Enemy's BR sunk: arrange pb, kill enemy's shop ships (don't stream it like LV did and noone will find out), get chests for free. 

Furthermore i want to comment on the calls for rewarding hostility missions with better loot: NO. (at current system) I safely get a good skill book? As a swede just take a mission on the east side of the settlement. 10 minutes for a first rate with epic loot, sail home, say thanks devs and do something else. If frigates dropped epic loot it was even easier then.

12 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Concerning point 1: hostility has to be shown instantly after an NPC vessel sank. Is this possible (e.g. pvp points are shown in leaderboard even if the battle isn't finished as far as i know)?

Or better: show in combat news when battlegroup takes hostility missions (let's say three to five per group) for a certain port. We could even invent the "hostility group" that doesn't have a group leader (in case of dc's). For possible exploits plz provide feedback (sry rediii if I abuse ur topic).

On point 2: why the overall BR sunk? Why not the BR sunk on the enemy's side to count for your team? Tweak numbers (50% perhaps as now they look okayish for overall BR). I mean do I want to get rewarded for the enemy's performance? For both ways exploits come to mind anyways: overall BR: arrange pb with "allied" nation, take shop ships, sail out, make sure everybody gets killed. Bigger ports: build oak/oak or fir/fir bellonas, use medium guns do the same, get super chest. ezpz.

Enemy's BR sunk: arrange pb, kill enemy's shop ships (don't stream it like LV did and noone will find out), get chests for free. 

Furthermore i want to comment on the calls for rewarding hostility missions with better loot: NO. (at current system) I safely get a good skill book? As a swede just take a mission on the east side of the settlement. 10 minutes for a first rate with epic loot, sail home, say thanks devs and do something else. If frigates dropped epic loot it was even easier then.

1 I agree on instaupdate but not on notification or new geoup when takin hostimissions.

If you use the port you see enemys making missions very fast.

2 to also support the loser of the PB. I kinda doubt also its worth it to sink so much BR for these chests. Allways depends on what you get, remember in LV times it was VM for 1sts.

Edited by rediii
  • Like 1