Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rediii

RvR Suggestions

Hey,

I thought I put some work into that and collect/suggest different changes to RvR to make it interesting and not a pain again.

1. Hostilitymissions and how they should change

2. The portbattle itself and the reward and why it should feature a instant reward

3. Ports and their Management

4. The port costs and timers

5. The use of ports and connection to crafting

1. Hostilitymissions and how they should change

Hostilitymissions are good right now when it comes to distance to port, defenderadvantage etc. What is bad about them is that they take a shit ton of time. In short there is a table I made:

1st rate BR

Time for 1 mission

1st rate sank =

3%

Right now

Suggestion

Port BR

Hostility 1 mission

Normal Groupsize in PB

Needed Hostility

Missions needed for PB group

Time needed in minutes

Needed Hostility

Missions needed for PB group

Missions at same time

Time needed in minutes

?

?

?

?

?

?

So in my oppinion it should take 1 hour for a portbattlegroup to flip a port. Within 1 hour it is possible for a defender to defend the port. A big group can probably instaflip ports again but only the lower BR ports.

2. The portbattle itself and the reward and why it should feature a instant reward

Doing a portbattle should give a instant reward to reward players instantly for being active in the game (and winning). However this should not be Victorymarks but it should be chests.

Different chests should get into the game, not weighting much where you can loot stuff. These chests should be dependend on how much BR you sank in the PB.

BR levels:

• 2000 BR sank    Chest with Gold

• 4000 BR sank    Chest with Gold and frigatenote maybe

• 8000 BR sank    Chest with Gold and 4th/3rd rate note

• 12000 BR sank   Chest with Gold and 2nd rate note

• 16000 BR sank   Chest with Gold and Victorymark, 1st rate note and Paint

This means 5 different chests with different levels of loot from. (Devs probably know better what should be inside the chests)

Why BR sank? To fight a bit against damagefarming or organized prtbattles etc. For good rewards you need to sink a lot of ships. The best chests will only be available if a lot of ships sank.

Rewards should go to both sides of the battle. The winner already gets the port itself.

3. Ports and their management

Ports lack some management options right now.

• You should be able to not only give up a port but to transfer ownership to another clan

• You should be able to get a few of the ressouces that this port drops only for your clan

• Or you should be able to lock it for your clan and friendly clans for a payment of 500.000 gold a day

• Also a specialization of the port would be nice.

• Trading (more tradinggoods)

• Crafting (bonus to RNG look below)

• Labor (Reduced labor hour costs)

4. Port costs and timers

Are fine right now in my oppinion. Timer cost a lot and that goes both ways. It’s fine.

5. The use of ports and connection to crafting

Right now a lot of ports don’t give you anything so in my oppinion new modifiers to craftingRNG should be added.

1. Right now there are a lot of refits that only drop from capping AI ships. They should be tied to ports that have no meaning right now. (And they should be nerfed, Pirate rig and carta)

2. Also the port should be able to specialize in something. The owning clan should be able to set a specialization of shipbuilding (Fast, sturdy, Crew)

Both only give a bigger chance than crafting in the safezone. There should not be a chance higher than 30% for both specializations so safezone crafting is still efficient aswell. Why? To not make it necessary to own them for portbattles or something else.

I think these changes would benefit the current RvR a lot while not making it necessary to play RvR.

edit 12.04.2018

6. Let changing a timer take 2 maintenances

Right now you can change a timer if you know your enemy is preparing for a attack the next day. This shouldn't be possible that fast.

Better: Timerchange happens on monday with VM mark giveaway. If you cap a port you can set a timer next maintenance

7. Different paints for different nations

Only a bit connected to RvR but it allways bothers me that every ship looks the same and only the flag is different. In my oppinion every nation should have a different default paintjob making battles far more immersive in my oppinion.

Bernadottes post of a statisfaction system of ports connected to hostility needed etc. for a port:

8. more taxes

Repairing in port should go to the clan owning the port

Crafting (the gold you pay) should go to the clan owning the port

9. Hostilitypoll

Edited by rediii
  • Like 23

One of the biggest issues at this time, the lack of timely updates on hostility percentage.  Most times the first notification is the percentage is at 25%.  That forces you to be constantly watching combat news - not something I like doing all the time I am playing.  Most times once the 25% notification is broadcast it is almost futile to try and catch the attackers in missions.  It is frustrating to be required to log off and back onto the game to get current hostility percentages.

Transfer ownership - yes, I like that idea.  Even a nation being able to take over a port when there has been zero clan activity in n days.

I miss the rewards from PB's - it gave much more of an incentive for players to join.  Now most players have a steady stream of VM's coming in, there is no need for them to join PB's.  

Some ports are totally worthless today - so yes, every port should have some benefit to owning it, otherwise we will eventually see ports just left neutral due to the high cost of owning them without any real benefit.

• Like 1

Point 1. Can you flesh out this is disgusting to my eyes to read :P 

Everything else is dam good suggestions apart from point 4. Costs and timers could scale more. Half the price double the window that kinda thing :)

-Id add to make more appealing hostility missions:

Improved rewards like, instead of basic shit stuff, average upgrades, more repairs and far more gold for each ship sunk.

-I disagree with the current costs of timers. Devs can see the statiitcs from @qw569 that almost all nations are losing a shit ton of money. The consequence is more people is grinding in safe zones and less are participating in pvp and rvr activities.

-I propose that improved rng bonus is only available from ports far from home capitals.

-To radically increase ow hunting and rvr opportunities, number of safezones and uncapturable ports should be decreased. Remove Veracruz, Belize, Nouvelle Orleans, Savanah, Pedro Cay, Castries.

-Bring back some free towns.

32 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

-Id add to make more appealing hostility missions:

Improved rewards like, instead of basic shit stuff, average upgrades, more repairs and far more gold for each ship sunk.

-I disagree with the current costs of timers. Devs can see the statiitcs from @qw569 that almost all nations are losing a shit ton of money. The consequence is more people is grinding in safe zones and less are participating in pvp and rvr activities.

-I propose that improved rng bonus is only available from ports far from home capitals.

-To radically increase ow hunting and rvr opportunities, number of safezones and uncapturable ports should be decreased. Remove Veracruz, Belize, Nouvelle Orleans, Savanah, Pedro Cay, Castries.

-Bring back some free towns.

ports not making money is connected to a empty server atm it will change with more players 

Population will fix empty ports.  The game is kinda on life support here, even the "money" ports are struggling.  

rediii's work here has the Christendom seal of approval, but I think it might be a little too late.  This game needs players and I'm not sure another "fix" to an already boring RVR system will help unless we get more players on the water.  This game needs casual content first and foremost.  We need to get the average joe type of players back into the game DESPERATELY.  

Fix RVR when you can, but we need more mission variety.  We need more crafting variety or more complexity.  We need a economy that keeps people engaged and keeps them on the water.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Population will fix empty ports.  The game is kinda on life support here, even the "money" ports are struggling.  

rediii's work here has the Christendom seal of approval, but I think it might be a little too late.  This game needs players and I'm not sure another "fix" to an already boring RVR system will help unless we get more players on the water.  This game needs casual content first and foremost.  We need to get the average joe type of players back into the game DESPERATELY.  

Fix RVR when you can, but we need more mission variety.  We need more crafting variety or more complexity.  We need a economy that keeps people engaged and keeps them on the water.

admin wanted a rvr suggestionthread and he got it. :P 

UI and tut and localization are first anyway

2 hours ago, rediii said:

So in my oppinion it should take 1 hour for a portbattlegroup to flip a port. Within 1 hour it is possible for a defender to defend the port

As you know, it is possible to flip a port within 1 hour. It`s a matter of number of players doing hostility, not the mechanics. Nevertheless, those should be changed, and probably will, after UI is done.

Doing a portbattle should give a instant reward to reward players instantly for being active in the game (and winning). However this should not be Victorymarks but it should be chests

No way :)

We had chests in game as PB awards already. As @Banished Privateer already in his thread postulated, 1st rate inflation is here, and chests would just increase those tendencies.

Crafting ships, gathering materials is a huge effort,as you know, and it should remain a matter of organisation, dedication, and players who are willing to do such things.

Getting Lord Protector status, money, XP and PVP marks is a reward enough. However, MORE things are needed which can be bought with PVP/Victory marks.

The use of ports and connection to crafting

Generally, we all agree that many ,many, ports need a certain value. There are too many ports which are completely useless.

However, all this tendencies about regional bonuses and crafting bonuses, occuring lately in forum, won`t provide a long termed, focused RvR. Another thing that was already in game, and if any nation has too many certain crafting bonuses, i can already imagine the discussion here. On the other hand, if all nations have same/similar bonus, why RvR at all?

Ports, their specifics, maintenance, port management, goods they offer, needs to be discussed again, but any suggestion, which brings ONLY fast , 2-3 months ongoing satisfaction, will have same effect in game, like now.

This issue needs to be solved once and forever, but then it needs to work.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fenris said:

As you know, it is possible to flip a port within 1 hour. It`s a matter of number of players doing hostility, not the mechanics. Nevertheless, those should be changed, and probably will, after UI is done.

No way :)

We had chests in game as PB awards already. As @Banished Privateer already in his thread postulated, 1st rate inflation is here, and chests would just increase those tendencies.

Crafting ships, gathering materials is a huge effort,as you know, and it should remain a matter of organisation, dedication, and players who are willing to do such things.

Getting Lord Protector status, money, XP and PVP marks is a reward enough. However, MORE things are needed which can be bought with PVP/Victory marks.

Generally, we all agree that many ,many, ports need a certain value. There are too many ports which are completely useless.

However, all this tendencies about regional bonuses and crafting bonuses, occuring lately in forum, won`t provide a long termed, focused RvR. Another thing that was already in game, and if any nation has too many certain crafting bonuses, i can already imagine the discussion here. On the other hand, if all nations have same/similar bonus, why RvR at all?

Ports, their specifics, maintenance, port management, goods they offer, needs to be discussed again, but any suggestion, which brings ONLY fast , 2-3 months ongoing satisfaction, will have same effect in game, like now.

This issue needs to be solved once and forever, but then it needs to work.

thats no suggestion that is bringing fast but not long motivation. 

flipping time -> I wrote exactly what you wrote except that a portbattlegroup should be able to do it in 1 hour

moving stuff to craft -> no need to if you dont want to. Less RnG if you do it is a nice motivation to do it but not a must do

You write a big text but nothing specific just that stuff have to change. Care to write some stuff down pls what you think would be good if it would change?

Imo the hole RvR needs a big overhaul, Small changes won't fix anything.

Well if I should make an input, it will be ports need to be integrated in to the game. @Graf Bernadottehad a good surgestion. 

Personally I would like logistic to matter even more. We need to fix the use of alts to get ressouerces. If you don't get repairs, well them you don't win many fights.

Then the strategic on the map need to change. I think we should integrate an admiral in the game(Ai) to wich the RvR clans had to respond. to set up certain goals. If the clans meet them, then there is some reward. A reward thats matter. If you want it, do RvR, and you get paid.

Just a guick surgestion.

DNP(and friends want to capture.) Santo Domingo(a regional capital). To get that we atleast need to capture 2 support ports to this capital. then there will be a timeline to get the goal, and a reward on how it has been done.

There should be rewards if the RvR clans in the same nations work in the same direction. lets Say DNP fights Sweden, and then if BF have there focus on the Sweden too, there will be a reward for the same goal. Screening should be accepted as working for the same goal.

Ressources are important, so make it possible to make raids to ports with that material, and maybe even make it posible to get the knowledge to craft it your self.

Effort should be rewarded, and succes even more ofc.

Right now RvR is just to random, most are just looking fore some fights.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, staun said:

Imo the hole RvR needs a big overhaul, Small changes won't fix anything.

Well if I should make an input, it will be ports need to be integrated in to the game. @Graf Bernadottehad a good surgestion. 

Personally I would like logistic to matter even more. We need to fix the use of alts to get ressouerces. If you don't get repairs, well them you don't win many fights.

Then the strategic on the map need to change. I think we should integrate an admiral in the game(Ai) to wich the RvR clans had to respond. to set up certain goals. If the clans meet them, then there is some reward. A reward thats matter. If you want it, do RvR, and you get paid.

Just a guick surgestion.

DNP(and friends want to capture.) Santo Domingo(a regional capital). To get that we atleast need to capture 2 support ports to this capital. then there will be a timeline to get the goal, and a reward on how it has been done.

There should be rewards if the RvR clans in the same nations work in the same direction. lets Say DNP fights Sweden, and then if BF have there focus on the Sweden too, there will be a reward for the same goal. Screening should be accepted as working for the same goal.

Ressources are important, so make it possible to make raids to ports with that material, and maybe even make it posible to get the knowledge to craft it your self.

Effort should be rewarded, and succes even more ofc.

Right now RvR is just to random, most are just looking fore some fights.

can you link @Graf Bernadottes post?

6 hours ago, rediii said:

flipping time -> I wrote exactly what you wrote except that a portbattlegroup should be able to do it in 1 hour

That is exactly what i DO NOT want, because as you know, if you dont have enough players to grind hostility, it will take longer.Means a defender has time to gather players, organise fleet, and attack you while you grind. That is how it should be now.

In future, no idea how to set a PB. Flags, raids, whatever.No clue.

moving stuff to craft -> no need to if you dont want to.

I have to.  Woods and many materials need to be transported between A and B. Otherwise, win a chest, bring it to region where your favour refit is and voila, ship is made? no, thanks.

You write a big text but nothing specific just that stuff have to change. Care to write some stuff down pls what you think would be good if it would change?

Well i did. Try to read once more what my issue is with your suggestion. :)

Edited by Fenris
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fenris said:

That is exactly what i DO NOT want, because as you know, if you dont have enough players to grind hostility, it will take longer.Means a defender has time to gather players, organise fleet, and attack you while you grind. That is how it should be now.

In future, no idea how to set a PB. Flags, raids, whatever.No clue.

I have to.  Woods and many materials need to be transported between A and B. Otherwise, win a chest, bring it to region where your favour refit is and voila, ship is made? no, thanks.

Well i did. Try to read once more what my issue is with your suggestion. :)

The longer it takes to do hosti the less people with bother with the grind. 1 hour is reasonable. Faster is good aswell.

When was the last battle where 12.000BR sank in one battle? (suggested 2nd rate note)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

The longer it takes to do hosti the less people with bother with the grind. 1 hour is reasonable. Faster is good aswell.

When was the last battle where 12.000BR sank in one battle? (suggested 2nd rate note)

Just ignore dyfed/fenris, the guy disagrees before he even reads a post. Meanwhile he is usually unable to bring better suggestions. There are reasons they don't  like him in Danmark and in Sweden and the next nation he will join. 

The overall changes are good. I would like to see paints back in the game, no game breakers, but some long term motivation to collect and trade those. They were a great thing to be earned in PBs back then. 

And christendom is right here, we need players more than ever. 

32 minutes ago, Capt Trashal Early said:

Make it weekly with the victory mark income.

problem might occur if you cap a port on monday

9 minutes ago, rediii said:

problem might occur if you cap a port on monday

You should be able to set the first timer on the same day you cap it and it will take affect "immediately" (at reset) then after that any changes should remain until Monday port "income"

Keeping it for a longer period without change will promote more attacks for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

Just ignore dyfed/fenris, the guy disagrees before he even reads a post. Meanwhile he is usually unable to bring better suggestions. There are reasons they don't  like him in Danmark and in Sweden and the next nation he will join. 

The overall changes are good. I would like to see paints back in the game, no game breakers, but some long term motivation to collect and trade those. They were a great thing to be earned in PBs back then. 

And christendom is right here, we need players more than ever. 

Lol. And who are you?

Edited by Fenris

How bout a Hostility can only be entered by the attacking and defending nations. to day at 1700-2000 server time ASP of US ran up Ayamonte to 94 percent with the french jumping into every hostility dogging us fopr three hours but not a single Brit showd to defend they're port.

Why have nations if this is the case should be clan based game entirely at this rate

The hostility thing altogether is pointless. No game trying to be competitive, forces people to waste time and do IA boring stuff.

At the end of the day port battles are just clan wars isn't it? let attackers set which port they attack on a calendar and at which time 2 days prior minimum 7 days maximum. of course based on timer time if any.

Make the attackers pay for it through gold / resources / victory marks if you like because it is a war expedition and need funds. Notify the defender 2 days prior to the attack.

No more hostilities, just port battles. this is what I want.

Some people will complain it is too easy to attack ports etc...Well it is also easier for you to attack back.

More port battle, more pvp, less failed feature talk.

Edited by RKY

11 minutes ago, RKY said:

The hostility thing altogether is pointless. No game trying to be competitive, forces people to waste time and do IA boring stuff.

At the end of the day port battles are just clan wars isn't it? let attackers set which port they attack on a calendar and at which time 2 days prior minimum 7 days maximum. of course based on timer time if any.

Make the attackers pay for it through gold / resources / victory marks if you like because it is a war expedition and need funds. Notify the defender 2 days prior to the attack.

No more hostilities, just port battles. this is what I want.

Some people will complain it is too easy to attack ports etc...Well it is also easier for you to attack back.

More port battle, more pvp, less failed feature talk.

The problem is still the spam of PBs your proposal could generate.

And is quite hard to balance the correct number of gold/ressources/marks. You have to take into account every type of clan size.

Personally I beg for a raid system. If you are succesful on your raid, you open the door to the port conquest. This system will give involved players 2 days of RvR action. Not bad in my view.