Game-Labs Forum

More hot keys and depowering options.

This has been a pain in the ass for me a long time now. If I'm depowered(T)  and change between full sails and battle sails I hate the way it automatically powers up again. This drives me crazy! Sometimes that second or two can cause a ship to accelerate far to much and cause a wider turn circle or cause overshooting wrecks. 

Hot keys for half, full, dead slow sails, rolling front/back fire and random fire would be a great option. 

There are plenty of keys available so adding them can't do any harm! 

Ps: disable survival as an option unless fireship is installed :)

• Like 17

I know that this is a bit of a stretch:  Would it ever be conceivable that we can get a function where one can customize sail sets and save them as defined set of sails?

ie: Saved Set 1: Bowsprit: Fore Topmast Stay-sail only; Foremast: Topsail only; Mainmast: Topsail only; Mizzenmast: Topsail only,

Saved Set 2: Bowsprit: Fore Topmast Stay-sail & Jib only; Foremast: Topsail & Topgallant only; Mainmast: Topsail & Topgallant & Main Topmast Stay-sail only; Mizzenmast: Topsail & Topgallant & Mizzen Topmast Stay-sail only,

etc etc?

1 hour ago, Sir William Hargood said:

I know that this is a bit of a stretch:  Would it ever be conceivable that we can get a function where one can customize sail sets and save them as defined set of sails?

ie: Saved Set 1: Bowsprit: Fore Topmast Stay-sail only; Foremast: Topsail only; Mainmast: Topsail only; Mizzenmast: Topsail only,

Saved Set 2: Bowsprit: Fore Topmast Stay-sail & Jib only; Foremast: Topsail & Topgallant only; Mainmast: Topsail & Topgallant & Main Topmast Stay-sail only; Mizzenmast: Topsail & Topgallant & Mizzen Topmast Stay-sail only,

etc etc?

It would be fun, but would make game too complex for new players. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

This has been a pain in the ass for me a long time now. If I'm depowered(T)  and change between full sails and battle sails I hate the way it automatically powers up again. This drives me crazy! Sometimes that second or two can cause a ship to accelerate far to much and cause a wider turn circle or cause overshooting wrecks. 

Hot keys for half, full, dead slow sails, rolling front/back fire and random fire would be a great option. 

There are plenty of keys available so adding them can't do any harm! 

Ps: disable survival as an option unless fireship is installed :)

The T command could be used just like the V/R for fire order and ranging.   It also irks me we don't have like a speed auto cruize control on the OW.  I don't want an auto pilote, but would be nice if the battle commander sets the group speed and every one else ships will adjust to that speed or the closes they can if they are slower.  Half the time some builds don't fall exaclty at a sail setting so your spending the whole trip going up and down with your sails until you get to location if your trying to stay in a formation with one another.

1 hour ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Yeah would be nice to have 10% increments in the open world cause the 20% jumps are to much to match speeds sometimes

Even this would work better than what we have to hit that sweet spot and get the fleet more on the same speed with each other.