Game-Labs Forum

green player doesn't like farmers

Player Notz, clan ARMED said he doesn't like me farming ai in the patrol zone so he opens fire on me with his bow chasers and a broadside.   This was roughly 05:40 ish server time today  in the Hispaniola patrol zone (10 minutes ago).  There was just me and an ai frigate until Notz joined.  It didn't affect the battle but it is offensive.  Is it also against the rules?

Just to be clear.   I tagged a dutch AI ship in the patrol zone.  I do not farm alts.  I do not have an alt (yet).

Notz, I will not forgive this as a mistake without compensation.  

Notzgreenongreen.jpg

Edited by Greysteak

And Grundgemunkey, as for evidence.  I think the screen shot combined with the verifiable fact that I didn't get any PvP marks for that kill you see in the screenshot, or any at all today for that matter, is evidence enough.  Do you understand that Notz was both unjustly accusing ME of farming alts AND taking unjustifiable and unchecked vigilante action against me in the game?  His noble dislike of alt farming is no excuse.

Notz, what do you have to say about this?

I'm sure everyone here will support you provided you have more evidence of this - luckily it sounds to me like nobody was harmed.

26 minutes ago, Greysteak said:

And Grundgemunkey, as for evidence.  I think the screen shot combined with the verifiable fact that I didn't get any PvP marks for that kill you see in the screenshot, or any at all today for that matter, is evidence enough.  Do you understand that Notz was both unjustly accusing ME of farming alts AND taking unjustifiable and unchecked vigilante action against me in the game?  His noble dislike of alt farming is no excuse.

There is one major problem with the above statement though.

2 hours ago, Greysteak said:

Player Notz, clan ARMED said he doesn't like me farming ai in the patrol zone so he opens fire on me with his bow chasers and a broadside.  

You said yourself that he was accusing you of AI farming, not ALT farming.

AI farming is of course NOT an excuse for shooting you at all, but do you have more screenshots? Perhaps one of the chatlog? and preferably one of him opening fire at you? Maybe also one of the combat log? Anything at all that can help clearning this mess up? :)

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Greysteak said:

@Percival Merewether He just said "farmers"  I assume he meant alt farming.  I meant that i was "farming" the AI for damage. 

I'm just speculating here: I'm guessing Notz joined thinking it was PvP and intended to help you out since you were in the patrol zone.. upon finding out you were PVE'ing in a designated PvP area it is likely that he was annoyed. After joining the battle he is unable to leave (I guess?) until the fight was over thus wasting his time.

This is a gameplay problem not caused by either of you but should probably be addressed by the Devs?

Allegedly his reaction to the situation was to fire his bow chasers and one broadside at you - the problem in your case is that without evidence you are relying on him admitting guilt. For all we know he could simply have fired two 4lb bow chasers at you in annoyance that bounced off and then waited for you to finish the fight.

Is that screenshot all you have from the incident?

• Like 3

@Percival Merewether.  I don't agree that this is a gameplay problem.  It was intended for players to be able to attack and farm damage from ai in the zone.

I am under the impression @Notz mistook the AI for an alt.  If this was because he was annoyed by the game mechanics it it also no excuse and my problem with Notz becomes even worse.

Yes, I am relying on Notz to come forward and explain himself.  I do not have more evidence.  I don't feel I need it.

Percival, I thank you for wanting to support me should i provide more evidence but frankly that is not what i'm looking for here. 

I want two things.  One, is to provide the devs with an opportunity to enforce the rules if possible.  Two, is to determine for myself if @Notz is an honorable captain or not.

I would agree that they need to give some indication from outside the battle as to whether it is PvP or PvE, especially if they are going to keep the open always battles in the green zones. It must be frustrating for someone to jump into a battle thinking they are going to help out a player being ganked, only to find out that the person is fighting AI and that they do not require any help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greysteak said:

Moderators, I am done with Notz and his clan, ARMED.  I have nothing further to add.  I believe this thread can be closed.

3 hours ago, Greysteak said:

If that's going to be your reply to all this then I'll just be satisfied with my own assessment of you @Notz.  The officers of your clan should be ashamed to have you as a member.

thank god im an officer and love having me as part of ARMED

seriously what the hell are you going on about?

On 11/04/2018 at 9:25 AM, Greysteak said:

all I have to say is the screen shot shows nothing .... if ou were AI farming rather than ALT farming why would ou be expecting PVP marks ??

• 2 weeks later...